Simoco

Aug 26, 2013
Hey everyone
I got little problem here
So here is the situation it had happen 3 times this weak to me
When am using my phone (RR3 or facebook...) it freeze or lagged sometime,
That is natural to happen sometime
But in those 10 days when it lag it freeze for 30 sec/ 1 min
Then it restarts, but when it’s restarted the battery is gone, from 72% to 5% in, how is that possible ???? (pic 1)

And if I don’t put it in charge immediately it will just turn off after minutes!
_Still when I put it in charge and after like 20 min in charge I noticed that had already reached 80% just like if it had not started charging from 5% but from 60% !!! (pic 2)
_And sometime without any freeze or lag, it just turn off after showing that the battery is low 20%

So what is that?? A system / Hardware / or battery life problem??
I have this phone GS2 from 3 year now, and I’m using it like a geek

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 250
  • pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 224

magnetboard

May 20, 2011
You could have a bad battery. When it drops to 5%, pull the battery before it fully boots. Wait 10 seconds, and put it back in, and then turn back on. Should help with the battery level indicator

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: Simoco

Simoco

Aug 26, 2013
You could have a bad battery. When it drops to 5%, pull the battery before it fully boots. Wait 10 seconds, and put it back in, and then turn back on. Should help with the battery level indicator

:fingers-crossed: yes look like great idea, i will try it :good:
meanwhile have anyone an other ideas :confused:

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
hey everyone
i got little problem here
so here is the situation it had happen 3 times this weak to me
when am using my phone (rr3 or facebook...) it freeze or lagged sometime,
that is natural to happen sometime
but in those 10 days when it lag it freeze for 30 sec/ 1 min
then it restarts, but when it’s restarted the battery is gone, from 72% to 5% in, how is that possible ???? (pic 1)

and if i don’t put it in charge immediately it will just turn off after minutes!
_still when i put it in charge and after like 20 min in charge i noticed that had already reached 80% just like if it had not started charging from 5% but from 60% !!! (pic 2)
_and sometime without any freeze or lag, it just turn off after showing that the battery is low 20%

so what is that?? A system / hardware / or battery life problem??
I have this phone gs2 from 3 year now, and i’m using it like a geek

try flashing the stock rom may be something is draining your battery bcoz you said its also lagging

Simoco

Aug 26, 2013
try flashing the stock rom may be something is draining your battery bcoz you said its also lagging

when i said its lagging, i didn't' mean that it lag all time, it lag just in google chrome or RR3 in like 1 from 5 :rolleyes:
and lagging it doesn't the problem here (cause its normal to lag in some app by all the UPdate and other stuff )
my problem is way when it restart the battery is crushed to the floor :confused:
and thanks everyone for the help :laugh: i really appreciate :good:

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
when i said its lagging, i didn't' mean that it lag all time, it lag just in google chrome or RR3 in like 1 from 5 :rolleyes:
and lagging it doesn't the problem here (cause its normal to lag in some app by all the UPdate and other stuff )
my problem is way when it restart the battery is crushed to the floor :confused:
and thanks everyone for the help :laugh: i really appreciate :good:

if battery is crushed then it may be a software issue same soln flash stock and check

user8000

Mar 14, 2014
what battery are you using the original 1650, the 2000 extended?

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

consider also it raised the temp by 10 °C in those 3 secs ^_^' it seems you have an app who drains like a boss

Simoco

Aug 26, 2013
if battery is crushed then it may be a software issue same soln flash stock and check
Yes that's what I was just thinking about, considering that the life of the battery is normal if everything works fine. Well now I'm thinking that all what i need is to update from 4.0.2 to 4.2.2
So is there anyone like a best version of Android :cowboy:

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
Yes that's what I was just thinking about, considering that the life of the battery is normal if everything works fine. Well now I'm thinking that all what i need is to update from 4.0.2 to 4.2.2
Buddy, you haven't seen the real part of Android yet. Considering your battery issue, remove the battery and simply touch it in the middle. If the battery is swollen or bloated, then you need a new battery (3 years of usage make your battery weaker and subject to faster draining due to deformation of the cells inside the battery). In no doubt, Samsung's Touchwiz is THE main cause of lagging and drain, so here are my suggestions on ROMs that can fix your problem:
1- For 2.3 GB ROMs, go for CyanogenMod 7.2.0 with siyah kernel 2.6 (google the kernel name to find it or ask me for a link just in case)
2- For 4.0 ICS ROMs, go for CyanogenMod 9 stable on get.cm and go for Siyah 5.0.1 stable for more hardware customizing.
3- For 4.1 JB ROMs. well, you can grab CyanogenMod 10 or SlimBean 4.1 old release for the I9100 but I recommend skipping this version of Android (it's too boring)
4- For 4.2 JB ROMs, try Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 stable. if you love Touchwiz and want a stock experience, try Revolution Rom UX build 2 which is too close to an official 4.2 stock update. When it comes to me, SuperNexus 2.0 is the best 4.2.2 ROM I ever used. Flash Dorimanx 9.43 stable to get more out of your device just in case buddy.
5- For 4.3 JB ROMs, go for CyanogenMod 10.2, or SlimBean 4.3 build 2.2 stable (too awesome), or PAC-MAN ROM, or Carbon, Cyanfox...
6- For 4.4 KK ROMs, try out Cyanogenmod 11.0 nightlies or sanpshots, or go for OmniRom 4.4, or Cyanfox 4.4, or SlimKat, BeanStalk...
It's your choice, and I would recommend installing Dorimanx Kernel above the ROM you choose in order to configure your CPU clock speed and processor governers according to your kind of usage. Good luck :good:

Simoco

Aug 26, 2013
pizza HUT !

Buddy, you haven't seen the real part of Android yet. Considering your battery issue, remove the battery and simply touch it in the middle. If the battery is swollen or bloated, then you need a new battery (3 years of usage make your battery weaker and subject to faster draining due to deformation of the cells inside the battery). In no doubt, Samsung's Touchwiz is THE main cause of lagging and drain, so here are my suggestions on ROMs that can fix your problem:
1- For 2.3 GB ROMs, go for CyanogenMod 7.2.0 with siyah kernel 2.6 (google the kernel name to find it or ask me for a link just in case)
2- For 4.0 ICS ROMs, go for CyanogenMod 9 stable on get.cm and go for Siyah 5.0.1 stable for more hardware customizing.
3- For 4.1 JB ROMs. well, you can grab CyanogenMod 10 or SlimBean 4.1 old release for the I9100 but I recommend skipping this version of Android (it's too boring)
4- For 4.2 JB ROMs, try Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 stable. if you love Touchwiz and want a stock experience, try Revolution Rom UX build 2 which is too close to an official 4.2 stock update. When it comes to me, SuperNexus 2.0 is the best 4.2.2 ROM I ever used. Flash Dorimanx 9.43 stable to get more out of your device just in case buddy.
5- For 4.3 JB ROMs, go for CyanogenMod 10.2, or SlimBean 4.3 build 2.2 stable (too awesome), or PAC-MAN ROM, or Carbon, Cyanfox...
6- For 4.4 KK ROMs, try out Cyanogenmod 11.0 nightlies or sanpshots, or go for OmniRom 4.4, or Cyanfox 4.4, or SlimKat, BeanStalk...
It's your choice, and I would recommend installing Dorimanx Kernel above the ROM you choose in order to configure your CPU clock speed and processor governers according to your kind of usage. Good luck :good:
dude there a lot of choice here and all of themes look great, i feel like i'm in a pizza hut order :silly:
still i think that am going for this one: 4.4 KK ROMs, Cyanogenmod 11.0 ... it look like the best one for me :fingers-crossed:
so can you make another favorite and show a link to it :cool:

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
dude there a lot of choice here and all of themes look great, i feel like i'm in a pizza hut order :silly:
still i think that am going for this one: 4.4 KK ROMs, Cyanogenmod 11.0 ... it look like the best one for me :fingers-crossed:

Always happy to help fellow users :)
Well, the thing is CyanogenMod is no no doubt the best, but as for the 11.0 version, no full stable ROM is out there (at least not the tag), but sure-thing it is stable and getting better through every nightly. To get the daily nightlies which are somewhat experimental and buggy, visit get.cm/?device=i9100 and everything is there.
The nearest or at least more stable version of CyanogenMod 11 is the snapshot release (labeled "M") and it's there too. In case your Internet speed ain't too fast, download it through this torrent file I did (It's CyanogenMod 11 M4): http://burnbit.com/download/280529/cm_11_20140308_SNAPSHOT_M4_i9100_zip
Happy flashing :fingers-crossed:

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Mod Edit

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
Please test these things for yourself.
This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Don't forget to make a nandroid before you start.

Thread Closed

malybru
Forum Moderator

Reactions: MistahBungle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Always happy to help fellow users :)
    Well, the thing is CyanogenMod is no no doubt the best, but as for the 11.0 version, no full stable ROM is out there (at least not the tag), but sure-thing it is stable and getting better through every nightly. To get the daily nightlies which are somewhat experimental and buggy, visit get.cm/?device=i9100 and everything is there.
    The nearest or at least more stable version of CyanogenMod 11 is the snapshot release (labeled "M") and it's there too. In case your Internet speed ain't too fast, download it through this torrent file I did (It's CyanogenMod 11 M4): http://burnbit.com/download/280529/cm_11_20140308_SNAPSHOT_M4_i9100_zip
    Happy flashing :fingers-crossed:
    Mod Edit

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
    Please test these things for yourself.
    This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Don't forget to make a nandroid before you start.

Thread Closed

malybru
    Forum Moderator