[Q] Can't update CM11

Search This thread

bumbum.droid

Jan 17, 2013
somewhere in a forest
Hi guys,

I'm new to Sony devices and rooting/flashing procedures.

I run CWM recovery 6.0.4.7 and CM11 with the included Kernel 3.4.0-g14fe8eb, BL is unlocked.

As the title says: when I try to flash a cm11 rom, other than the one I'm currently on (2014-03-01), I end up in a bootloop (CM arrow doesn't stop spinning). When I try to restore a backup via recovery, I end up with a missing IMEI and thus a not working mobile radio. My procedure to fix this is: full wipe, flash the current nightly.
To me it doesn't make any sense that the IMEI is missing after a restore (at the time I created the backup everything was fine). What is the correct procedure to update to the next nightly?

Best regards,

bumbum

St.Jimmy90

Jul 31, 2013
Frankfurt
Hi guys,

I'm new to Sony devices and rooting/flashing procedures.

I run CWM recovery 6.0.4.7 and CM11 with the included Kernel 3.4.0-g14fe8eb, BL is unlocked.

As the title says: when I try to flash a cm11 rom, other than the one I'm currently on (2014-03-01), I end up in a bootloop (CM arrow doesn't stop spinning). When I try to restore a backup via recovery, I end up with a missing IMEI and thus a not working mobile radio. My procedure to fix this is: full wipe, flash the current nightly.
To me it doesn't make any sense that the IMEI is missing after a restore (at the time I created the backup everything was fine). What is the correct procedure to update to the next nightly?

Best regards,

bumbum

What happens if you wipe cache?