[Q] S3 and android screen lock security

Search This thread

ionblair

Aug 15, 2013
Hello!
I have a very specific question and don't know where to start looking.
When i look permissions for a specific app, then there is sometimes something like this: disable your screen lock
Does this mean that the app can disable screen lock and activate itself through lock screen?
I think if your screen lock is pattern based then it won't come through and when it's swipe based then it will work.
I want one specific app to be able to prompt itself through pattern based screen lock.
if i would use CyanogenMod and someone would change something in the code then it would be doable?
Funny thing is, that in Samsungs official android 4.1 it worked that way (and was in their words "a bug").
it's not working in andoird 4.3 anymore: bug fixed i guess. but i loved that bug.

ionblair

Aug 15, 2013
AFAIK, only camera is able to bypass pattern or password lock.

the app is Estonian mobile personal idententification tool called mobiil-id
you can legally identify yourself in banks that way
when my screen security if set for pattern and when i try to authenticate somewhere, pin query comes through screen lock and i enter pin and phone does not unlock itself at all and goes back to sleep.
but when security is set for pattern, then i must unlock screen manually to enter pin. i can hear beep sound though.
probably should try to find some cm programmer who knows if there is a way to manually make some exceptions.
there is a possibility to compile your own cm and then deploy it. if it were some minor change, then i would do it myself with some help.
i know it's kinda security breach, which i'm willing to take.