[Q] Locked bootloader , can i downgrade to root.

Search This thread

sorvis

Jul 13, 2013
i recently bought a bell xperia z1, went on to the sony website to unlock bootloader to find that mine is locked, unlike the international version which has an unlockable bootloader.

ive updated it to see if the updates would unlock the bootloader but alas they did not, now im running :

model c6906
android 4.3
build 14.2.A.0.209

Main question :
Will i be able to downgrade and bypass the bootloader?
ive rooted a S2/Htc HD/ Desire Z in the past im just worrying about bricking my phone that ive had for less then a week.

and all other guides ive seen are for different versions, ive heard of flashing the 6903 stuff but that makes me worry way to much.

so pretty much want to know is it possible to do via downgrade to achieve root or should i just wait till a safer method becomes available.

sony bloatware is annoying

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Yes, you can get C6906 Rooted with Locked Bootlader. First you have Read a bit more about it, starting with this thread and also watch the Video Tutorial.

You have to use Flashtool v0.9.15 to downgrade to .534 using Rogers FTF for your model from here.

When you are on 4.2.2 FW .534 Root it with Bin4ry Method, then Install Dualrecovery, SuperSU and Upgrade to your favorite latest Android Pre-Rooted, like KitKat Here or JB 4.3 Here.

Done.

Good Luck!

Reactions: sorvis

sorvis

Jul 13, 2013
you sir are the man, followed the video and got root, now to find a rom to use.

edit : went to install a rom + gapps and had to do the whole process over again. right from flashing nuts custom. got stuck in a sony logo boot loop. zz

so attempt #2 with a different rom.

edit 2: was able to update to 4.4 kitkat so now i hope i can update my rom. since i was trying to do a 4.4 rom on the 4.3 firmware ?

edit3: nope stuck on sony logo so went back to nuts again... hrmm well atleast i could upate to 4.4 going to try boot to cwm and see if that works

Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Before I flashed mine I was reading for weeks, You did in few hours and I think to quickly. If the phone stuck in Boot logo, I think you did something wrong but I don't have the phone with me so I cannot tell.

Now you have to go back to stock, keep pushing Volume UP and Power, 3 vibrations, phone in off, keep pushing volume down and connect to pc in flashmode, flash a Stock FTF for your model from the link I give you. Now you phone should boot. Repeat the process to get Root and be careful.

Remember to Wipe Data, Appslog, Cache, every time you flash a Fresh Installation is recommended.

sorvis

Jul 13, 2013
i was able to go back and use flash tool to flash nut's ftf

so im on 4.4 kitkat rooted which is good.

but when i flash any custom rom trough any recovery it boot loops im guessing its because locked bootloader.

so im guessing any rom i want to flash has to have 2 parts. The flashing process in recovery and the flashtool flash firmware for that rom.

unless like you said update my kernal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, you can get C6906 Rooted with Locked Bootlader. First you have Read a bit more about it, starting with this thread and also watch the Video Tutorial.

You have to use Flashtool v0.9.15 to downgrade to .534 using Rogers FTF for your model from here.

When you are on 4.2.2 FW .534 Root it with Bin4ry Method, then Install Dualrecovery, SuperSU and Upgrade to your favorite latest Android Pre-Rooted, like KitKat Here or JB 4.3 Here.

Done.

Good Luck!