[Q] Firewater S-Off question

Search This thread

soundwavedj

Jul 24, 2010
I cannot get the firewater file to take at all. Im getting the error in the picture and I am following the directions exactly. What am i missing?

maries-mbp:android Soundwave$ ./adb shell
126|shell@htc_m8wl:/ $ chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
shell@htc_m8wl:/ $ su
1|shell@htc_m8wl:/ $ /data/local/tmp/firewater
error, run firewater as root. su or FU!!!!!!

Last edited:

Karl

Nov 27, 2009
California
do you have weak and supersu installed? becus the $ should switch to # after you type su

should look like this after you type su
root@htc_m8wl:/ #

Last edited:

Karl

Nov 27, 2009
California

soundwavedj

Jul 24, 2010
its in developer options it pops up when you plug in usb with debug active..

this might help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV-kPOYKudc&feature=youtu.be

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

go in to supersu setting and set default access to grant

Thanks for the video. I followed the directions once again and now the teminal app hangs at the "su" step. It doesnt go any further

I am using Mac OSX 10.9.1 and have working adb

soundwavedj

Jul 24, 2010
Its not OSX cause I s-off'd using my MBP. When it hangs on the su command, look at your phone and grant SU permissions for firewater to execute. This happened to me as well.

I set SU to grant permission automatiaclly. It doesnt make a difference on my end still hanging at "su"

Last edited:

izzaeroth

Nov 28, 2009
You could also do it In terminal emulator if you if comfortable enough

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dsEVOlve

Sep 2, 2010
When you uninstalled did you uninstall weaksauce and su, hard reboot, and reinstall both again or just su? Maybe try that to start from a clean slate. I also noticed that you used the chmod command before su (which must have been how it appeared at first because that is how it shows up in some instructional videos) but the firewater site now has su before chmod and that is what I used. Not sure that the order matters but it was changed so who knows?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda premium

soundwavedj

Jul 24, 2010
That's eventually how I got it to work is by switching the order of the commands. I actually had to type in adb shell twice because it kicked me out of shell every time I just went by the old instructions

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk