Cyanogen Mod Verizon HTC M7

Search This thread

zookkz

Dec 6, 2013
So after absolutely no help from Cyanogen mod and their forum I thought I'd come here.

I have an HTC One M7 from Verizon with 4.4.2 and I'm just getting really "bored" of the Sense 5 feel. I used to like it at first with my DNA, and thought I'd like the M7 more, but I don't...it's just "dull" and I feel like it's meant for the average user.

Enough about that, here's what I'm trying to do..I want to put a new "skin" on my phone, but have never rooted or done anything like this to a phone before. After doing some research into the M7 for Verizon, it seems that Verizon puts a lot of blocks on their phones to prevent this.

Does anyone have a detailed guide on how to do this safely? Like I said, I'm new to this, and need a thorough explanation since a lot of the terminology I don't understand 100%.

I've been looped around at Cyanogen mod about S-Off and Bootloader, been told different things about what each one does and people just made it very confusing.

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
Root can be found in the original development section. The thread is called weaksauce. Root is essentially a binary file that allows you access to the "root" files of your phone and its system.

S-off is a boot loader or hboot (similar to the bios on a pc) that has its security unlocked...allowing you to truly customize your phone. In order to s-off after gaining root. See the link in the weaksauce thread for fire water.

Once done you will flash a new recovery (controls the makings of your system). Then you will finally flash a new Rom CM11 if that's what you want.

I suggest doing a bit of reading in this forum before proceeding. Good luck.

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.