MIUI for the Z1C ( stable build download > from post #117 )

Search This thread

omegastarr

May 28, 2012
Varna
I really like MIUI's style but it was very laggy on my xperia S so I left it. But with this monster I look forward to it :D

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Dude , you are a bullet , so damn fast ! :eek:

Thanks for looking and caring :angel:

Cheers

I really like MIUI's style but it was very laggy on my xperia S so I left it. But with this monster I look forward to it :D

Did you guys try the patch for porting provided by Desperanto86 here:

[Patch] for Z1 stock based cutom ROMs to work on Z1 Compact
??

I suppose it should work, because this new MIUI base is ported by basing on Sony firmware 4.4.2 (.761) as mentioned in OP,
no big differences between .757 .761, so if anyone is willing to do so, please try it by using the patch for .757 builds,
but of course in step five of how to install, flash a 14.3.A.0.757 ftf instead of 14.2.A.1.142.

hope that works, and it would easy for us by not having to get any permission I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: omegastarr

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
Did you guys try the patch for porting provided by Desperanto86 here:

[Patch] for Z1 stock based cutom ROMs to work on Z1 Compact
??

I suppose it should work, because this new MIUI base is ported by basing on Sony firmware 4.4.2 (.761) as mentioned in OP,
no big differences between .757 .761, so if anyone is willing to do so, please try it by using the patch for .757 builds,
but of course in step five of how to install, flash a 14.3.A.0.757 ftf instead of 14.2.A.1.142.

hope that works, and it would easy for us by not having to get any permission I guess.

Didn't work , gives bootloop

I also to tried to do it manually , editing and replacing files @ the aroma installer , build.prop, boot kernel, and even playing arround with the given patch , etc

NADA !

Im Missing somethng but I have no clue !

Reactions: assault79

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Didn't work , gives bootloop

I also to tried to do it manually , editing and replacing files @ the aroma installer , build.prop, boot kernel, and even playing arround with the given patch , etc

NADA !

Im Missing somethng but I have no clue !

Hmmm, that might be because he is using a modified kernel, he mentioned you can't use other than the one included,
will try another way.

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
Last edited:
Reactions: Mikola1980

Lorenzoval

Jan 7, 2014
Viterbo
I managed to get it booting on my phone ;)
2qk54br.png

I will post a guide on how to port it if I get permission from @DooMLoRD (I used his Advanced Stock Kernel as base)

aKiLL3r

Apr 21, 2010
Turin
I managed to get it booting on my phone ;)
2qk54br.png

I will post a guide on how to port it if I get permission from @DooMLoRD (I used his Advanced Stock Kernel as base)

Ciao Lorenzo, grande! :) sono mesi che aspetto una build miui per lo Z1C, dopo aver avuto il MI2s non ho mai perso la nostalgia per la miui!
Sei riuscito a patchare la versione per z1? quindi è basata sempre su 4.4.2 (build 761), giusto?

p.s. il 16 agosto uscirà la miui v6, speriamo sia supportata nativamente per la serie z1! ;)

Hello Lorenzo, this is great! :) it's a long time i'm waiting for a miui rom for Z1C, after i had a Xiaomi MI2s i never lost the longing for miui rom!
Did you patched the original miui version for z1 of the other thread? So it is based on 4.4.2 (build .761), right?

p.s. on 16th of august miui v6 will be released, hoping that it will support directly the sony z1 series! ;)

Reactions: Lorenzoval

Lorenzoval

Jan 7, 2014
Viterbo
Ciao Lorenzo, grande! :) sono mesi che aspetto una build miui per lo Z1C, dopo aver avuto il MI2s non ho mai perso la nostalgia per la miui!
Sei riuscito a patchare la versione per z1? quindi è basata sempre su 4.4.2 (build 761), giusto?

p.s. il 16 agosto uscirà la miui v6, speriamo sia supportata nativamente per la serie z1! ;)

Hello Lorenzo, this is great! :) it's a long time i'm waiting for a miui rom for Z1C, after i had a Xiaomi MI2s i never lost the longing for miui rom!
Did you patched the original miui version for z1 of the other thread? So it is based on 4.4.2 (build .761), right?

p.s. on 16th of august miui v6 will be released, hoping that it will support directly the sony z1 series! ;)
Yes, I made a patch to flash in recovery after having flashed the ROM for Z1 ;)
Sì, ho creato una patch da flashare in recovery dopo aver flashato la ROM per lo Z1 ;)

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
You can not use kernel other than these miui kernel. You need hack to get it working on z1c, for example you must create kernel module which will revert this https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/4506a7feeaf02d272c518783cdac680bbd8aa312 on miui kernel on boot time (if possible)! Other than that hope xhdpi is inside these base!? Before you start porting miui you must first get kernel working, my sugestion is to get kernel working first with cwm, than the rest is easy for porting. I will port miui for sure but I will not share build with z1c users since I stopped sharing all roms for our phone :p Hope this help you to port miui from z1 to z1c.

Last edited:

Lorenzoval

Jan 7, 2014
Viterbo
You can not use kernel other than these miui kernel. You need hack to get it working on z1c, for example you must create kernel module which will revert this https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/4506a7feeaf02d272c518783cdac680bbd8aa312 on miui kernel on boot time (if possible)! Other than that hope xhdpi is inside these base!? Before you start porting miui you must first get kernel working, my sugestion is to get kernel working first with cwm, than the rest is easy for porting. I will port miui for sure but I will not share build with z1c users since I stopped sharing all roms for our phone :p Hope this help you to port miui from z1 to z1c.
Thanks for the advice but the ROM is already booting on my phone. I only modified the ramdisk of this boot.img (that's why I'm waiting for permission). The only weird issue is that lockscreen icon is invisible :silly: so you have to find it and drag it down or you have to unlock your phone by starting settings from the quick settings. If you use an unlock pattern maybe you will no longer be able to unlock your phone. If you use a theme the problem goes away. Apart from this issue, the ROM is stable.

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Thanks for the advice but the ROM is already booting on my phone. I only modified the ramdisk of this boot.img (that's why I'm waiting for permission). The only weird issue is that lockscreen icon is invisible :silly: so you have to find it and drag it down or you have to unlock your phone by starting settings from the quick settings. If you use an unlock pattern maybe you will no longer be able to unlock your phone. If you use a theme the problem goes away. Apart from this issue, the ROM is stable.

Did you tried with stock kernel?

Reactions: Mikola1980

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
The only weird issue is that lockscreen icon is invisible :silly: so you have to find it and drag it down or you have to unlock your phone by starting settings from the quick settings. If you use an unlock pattern maybe you will no longer be able to unlock your phone. If you use a theme the problem goes away

If Im not wrong this can be fixed by replacing the stock theme files with another custom one ...in the zip file folder before flashing it , so you can avoid that "invisible" issue

Top Liked Posts