ALL ICS DISCUSSIONS HERE, Includes List of bugs < All other threads will be closed>

Search This thread

jakob95

Sep 14, 2011
NYC
hi, i'm just wondering if when the official Ics will come out,it will be possible upgrade directly ota starting from this leaked fw,or not.. and if not,there will be some other .zip file to upgrade to the official one?

I'm not a newbie in this world, i've a galaxy s and i've flashed several times,also CM witout any problem but the fact that on the a100 there isn't a real recovery and a certain way to recover an HC or an official fw stop me from flashing this leaked one...

I'm betting that we would be able to update to the official OTA through an update.zip again.

bsharitt

May 23, 2010
After a full day, so far still pretty good. My head phones seems to actually be working right. Not seeing a real difference in battery life though.

jakob95

Sep 14, 2011
NYC
Would you guys say that the issue with Google Chrome settings is that apps issue or related to this ROM? Because Google Chromes settings works fine on my phone that is running CM9.

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
Would you guys say that the issue with Google Chrome settings is that apps issue or related to this ROM? Because Google Chromes settings works fine on my phone that is running CM9.

Who knows. It sounds like it's an issue with Chrome, it could also be chrome interacting with other software I suppose. Does Chrome show up in market like other apps once you have ICS? Anyone try clearing cache, data, removing chrome and reinstalling?

fisterkev

Jan 1, 2012
The tablet has crashed / rebooted twice now when turning off bluetooth. Weird.

Also having virtual thumbstick controller problems with NOVA 2 HD, Dungeon Hunter 2 HD, and ShadowGun - all other games work fine.

Still pretty pleased with the performance upgrade though. It is definitely noticeable. Very snappy and everything seems sharper.

pakisan

Jan 30, 2012
I contacted customer service, hoping to give us news of a possible downgrade to Honeycomb. For the USB host, I doubt that it works.

bsharitt

May 23, 2010
The touch screen issues seem to be hit or miss and may be application dependent.

I'm seeing page swipe issues on Aldiko with it either not registering the swipes fully or the wrong direction. The Kindle app, on the other hand, works just fine swiping pages.

bsharitt

May 23, 2010
I contacted customer service, hoping to give us news of a possible downgrade to Honeycomb. For the USB host, I doubt that it works.

I highly doubt you'll get much with an unofficial leak.

But on the topic of going back to HC, shouldn't it be possible to use an image that's been pulled via ADB(assuming someone thought to make one, I didn't) and restore that via ADB? It would be the same a CWM backup I think, just a bit more manual.

Reactions: spino1970

tyronelouie

Feb 23, 2012
if you guys would try to download air penguin the gyroscope wouldn't work so well.... i was expecting a change from honeycomb to ics but nothing... anyone had the same experience?

eww245

Aug 19, 2008
Throop
I highly doubt you'll get much with an unofficial leak.

But on the topic of going back to HC, shouldn't it be possible to use an image that's been pulled via ADB(assuming someone thought to make one, I didn't) and restore that via ADB? It would be the same a CWM backup I think, just a bit more manual.

No one has tried this yet that I know of, but if the HCs recovery partition is dd'd to ICS maybe it would work. crossix has mentioned something about this in the ICS Leak thread.

bsharitt

May 23, 2010
No one has tried this yet that I know of, but if the HCs recovery partition is dd'd to ICS maybe it would work. crossix has mentioned something about this in the ICS Leak thread.

It seems that is a common last resort/restore from brick method on most other Android devices. I don't see why it won't work here.

fisterkev

Jan 1, 2012
So mine reboots pretty much every time I turn the bluetooth off. A bit annoying, but not that big a deal since it reboots so quickly.

On the plus side I got PDANet 3.25 on the phone and have gotten it to work for bluetooth tethering - finally :). It's not 100% - still sketchy sometimes - but I think that is mainly my phone (Droid X). Still, it usually works, and I couldn't be happier.

Link to PDANet 3.25:

http://www.junefabrics.com/android/download.php

ETA: HDMI out still works fine too.

Last edited:

sdrobinson

Feb 25, 2012
I've also noticed that the default browser and the Dolphin browser no longer has the ability to view site as desktop... The option is there, but it's not functioning.:(

AAQA

Apr 20, 2011
I've also noticed that the default browser and the Dolphin browser no longer has the ability to view site as desktop... The option is there, but it's not functioning.:(

I ran into that problem,
Instal the ICS Browser+ and go to settings>advanced>user agents, set to desktop.
Clear old bookmarks, and it will all be desktop view for browsing.
It works acts just like the stock browser but has more settings

yanksrock1000

Feb 23, 2012
Chrome beta settings...I tried to go to the settings and it just crashed. then when i uninstalled and reinstalled, the settings worked RIGHT when i downloaded, the settings worked once you log in (at the bottom it says your gmail, then in blue 'settings'

but it doesnt work after that. weird!

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Also, is there any way to open the tabs like in regular chrome on my laptop, or the browser, instead of in pages?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed in 0900

Fixed in 0900 leaked release:

Speaker crackle when using keyboard
    Acer Planner no longer crashed
    WinAmp no longer crashes

Not working:

Angry Birds - screen inoput frezzes after about 2 minutes
    Rollerball - no screen input is possible

I did a 0200 to 0900 overlay. No issues came up.
    Bought mine yesterday. Seen it in best buy with ics. Got home turned it on boom honey comb update. Went into system updates and bam ics update. Now were rooted custom kernel overclocked to 1.4ghz this tablet is a beast.

One question though in using the xda. App on this tablet I have no menu button to go into my settings. Is there a work around?

Sent from my A100 using XDA

Since tablets lack a menu button, looks for a : looking icon, usually in the upper right corner of the app, Its 3 dots.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Hi guys I had a question with the different versions of GEN1 and I had the ota that was PN1 something like that?!? (Sorry for the lack of info) I flashed one of the leaked versions of 4.0 (Acer_a100_av014_1.014.00_www_GEN1) I had no issues with TWRP & FlexReaper other than the fact w/the 1st flash of everything in the thread the rom, the patch etc. I for some reason had more apps than the 2nd time I flashed it and did not install any extra apps in between. Due to my neurotic OCD I felt the urge to do it all over (I am a super space cadet) now I cannot install the correct leak and unlock my bootloader do TWRP and flash a freaking from again. I have moved out of the noob stage so I thought guess I was wrong. Can someone tell me what I was doing wrong sorry if in did not give great details I am obsessed w/Calligraphy pens, notebooks and writing so I never remember full details Its always on paper and then someone steals it.

Ok ODD!!! I finally got the bootloader unlocked finally the thread I snatched the file from only had install not install-eng it also would not let me run as admin but worked when i just did install. Thats is crazy the 1st flash done a while ago did not do that. I dig FlexReaper but was wondering if anyone had and other suggestions on other A100 roms even if this is about ICS

In my signature there is a guide which includes some of the current ROMs that you can run on the A100. Also in this guide is some other info about properly preparing your device for flashing a new ROM. It sounds like you aren't wiping in between ROMs, which will result in more and more apps in between them, as previous apps get added in with the ROMs apps. There is also tools to help with this, but give the guide a read, it will help ALOT even if its long and boring, it has just about anything you need to know to rock the A100 in all it's glory!
    List of ICS update Bugs

I am making a list of all the bugs that people experience on the leaked ICS update.

Bugs
    Random crackling noises from speaker while using the keyboard. Any keyboard for that matter. Solution:Turn off Dolby Mobile. Fixed in build 009
    Mic has horrible noise in background.
    i noticed the camera is pretty screwed up in the preview (half green screen), but once the picture is taken, it comes out fine. not an issue for FFC or camcorder. tested in all qualities and with camera fx.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using Tapatalk