Completely Bricked :(

Search This thread

qwahchees

Jul 7, 2012
Toronto
So I wake up in the morning, decided to flash a zip for Zipalign at boot and in the meantime, also wipe dalvik, cache and fix perms.

I hit the reboot button after all that, and it's dead. Red LED, tried EVERYTHING. Took the phone apart, undid the ribbon, charged it, pressed every damn button combination with literally 30 different time lengths and NOTHING.

What the hell is going on, and is it recoverable? I really can't afford a new phone but I'm grounded till I get one.

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
So I wake up in the morning, decided to flash a zip for Zipalign at boot and in the meantime, also wipe dalvik, cache and fix perms.

I hit the reboot button after all that, and it's dead. Red LED, tried EVERYTHING. Took the phone apart, undid the ribbon, charged it, pressed every damn button combination with literally 30 different time lengths and NOTHING.

What the hell is going on, and is it recoverable? I really can't afford a new phone but I'm grounded till I get one.

Let it charge for awhile, at least an hour or so then give it a whirl. Although it sounds like you might have done this, but do it again, sometimes you have to hold the button for over 30 seconds, that would include holding the volume button as well, to get into the recovery or bootloader.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

Reactions: qwahchees

qwahchees

Jul 7, 2012
Toronto
Let it charge for awhile, at least an hour or so then give it a whirl. Although it sounds like you might have done this, but do it again, sometimes you have to hold the button for over 30 seconds, that would include holding the volume button as well, to get into the recovery or bootloader.

Thank you, I'll try that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

An update, still broken :(

Give this a shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzBQsMI5AEI

Different device but the protocol should be the same.