Xperia Z1 not powering on

Search This thread

trpincek

Jan 20, 2014
Hi guys, I'm new with Xperia phones and also new with rooting,flashing and using recoverys..

I installed a new rom on my device (iHackers rom). When i started installing I had like 25% of battery. When I finished the installation (I didn't flash recovery again because I did that with the help of my computer before, so file - zip was not on my phone) I rebooted my phone. So here's where the problem begins. My phone wouldn't turn on. Black screen all the way. Tried the red button near the SIM card, tried power button and volume up/down, tried power button..nothing powered my phone on, but vibrations were there. The red LED is blinking when i charge the battery (idk if it's even charging). If I take the phone out of the charger, the red LED stops blinking. I can't turn my phone on or get into the recovery mode even after 20 minutes of charging on 220v.
Guys please help..I'm in panic here.

Meni30

Nov 29, 2013
Hi guys, I'm new with Xperia phones and also new with rooting,flashing and using recoverys..

I installed a new rom on my device (iHackers rom). When i started installing I had like 25% of battery. When I finished the installation (I didn't flash recovery again because I did that with the help of my computer before, so file - zip was not on my phone) I rebooted my phone. So here's where the problem begins. My phone wouldn't turn on. Black screen all the way. Tried the red button near the SIM card, tried power button and volume up/down, tried power button..nothing powered my phone on, but vibrations were there. The red LED is blinking when i charge the battery (idk if it's even charging). If I take the phone out of the charger, the red LED stops blinking. I can't turn my phone on or get into the recovery mode even after 20 minutes of charging on 220v.

Fastboot or flashmode working or not ?

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
The first your mistake was to flash with 25% of battery. It's wrote everywhere to do a installation with a fully charged phone. Now probably in the middle of the installation the phone died and the installation was not completed and this mean your phone is corrupted and dead. The only advice I have now for you to left the phone under charger all night, next day with phone switched off keep push volume down and connect the phone via usb to PC, if the PC will recognize the device and it will install drivers flash a Stock FTF straight a way.

trpincek

Jan 20, 2014
The first your mistake was to flash with 25% of battery. It's wrote everywhere to do a installation with a fully charged phone. Now probably in the middle of the installation the phone died and the installation was not completed and this mean your phone is corrupted and dead. The only advice I have now for you to left the phone under charger all night, next day with phone switched off keep push volume down and connect the phone via usb to PC, if the PC will recognize the device and it will install drivers flash a Stock FTF straight a way.

The installation was finished. I was in recovery after installation of the rom, when i pressed reboot button. Nothing is working at the moment..red led still blinking..

xasbo

Feb 10, 2012
The installation was finished. I was in recovery after installation of the rom, when i pressed reboot button. Nothing is working at the moment..red led still blinking..

Your battery is dead. Does the phone feel warm? Leave it plugged in to charge for a while (at least a few hours, maybe overnight) and it might come back.

Like the OTA warnings says, do not try to flash your phone if less than 50% battery is available. If you do, you are only asking for trouble.

trpincek

Jan 20, 2014
Your battery is dead. Does the phone feel warm? Leave it plugged in to charge for a while (at least a few hours, maybe overnight) and it might come back.

Like the OTA warnings says, do not try to flash your phone if less than 50% battery is available. If you do, you are only asking for trouble.

When I woke up in the morning the phone was not warm..it was hot..the whole day i was trying to bring it back to life but there were still only vibrations. When I connect it to my computer, the drivers get installed, but the power on button and combination power button+volume down don't work. The only combination that works is power button+volume up(the phone vibrates 3 times but still stays in the same condition). FlashTool doesn't recognize the phone either.

punkt

Jul 2, 2008
hold power+volume up. then phone vibrates 3 times and should switch off. wait a minute then try to switch it on just normal. does it slightly vibrate?
now try this again, now with charger pluged in. what happens then?

trpincek

Jan 20, 2014
hold power+volume up. then phone vibrates 3 times and should switch off. wait a minute then try to switch it on just normal. does it slightly vibrate?
now try this again, now with charger pluged in. what happens then?

I think i have solved it..I left phone charging for 3 hours (without heating up), and then i plugged it in my computer. In PC Companion (yeah I never thought it would be that easy), i could restore my phone without even powering it on. I'm now downloading updates..But when I connected, flashtool detected that my fone is in flashmode.

:highfive:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I think i have solved it..I left phone charging for 3 hours (without heating up), and then i plugged it in my computer. In PC Companion (yeah I never thought it would be that easy), i could restore my phone without even powering it on. I'm now downloading updates..But when I connected, flashtool detected that my fone is in flashmode.

:highfive:

Just wants to said same thing - it's probably in fastboot mode but the battery is dead, just plug it and try flashtool or fastboot.

But O.K.

One advice - guys already post that, I posted that many times as well but...

Never, never, never do that if your battery isn't fully charged.
Charge battery to 100% and restart to TWRP and check your battery percentage...
and you'll see why - it never shows correct info.

The other day I was flashing ROM and had 87% when I flashwd and boot my battery shown 36% and stayed on 36% for a few hours...that's not problem when you are in OS but when you stuck on powered off device - it could be very tricky to power it back.

That's why you can't update official ftf if you don't have more than 50% of battery power...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

legalmantra

Feb 13, 2008
Hello I'm new to xperia Z1.

I also rooted and installed ihacker rom v3.

My battery was fully charged. But after installation my phone is not starting.

In flash mode when I try to flash the stock it disconnects and reconnects. I'm not even able to install stock rom now.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Ok while I was typing phone flashed the stock rom. I think this problem is with ihacker rom?

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek

In flash mode when I try to flash the stock it disconnects and reconnects. I'm not even able to install stock rom now.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Ok while I was typing phone flashed the stock rom. I think this problem is with ihacker rom?

No it's not.
Ihackers is working without any problems...

I said that many times but I'll repeat...

When you are flashing ROM (ftf) through flashtool, don't connect device immediately.

Open flashtool, select ftf and hit start.
Wait until flashtool say "connect device"
Then plug usb cable while holding vol down.

That way you'll prevent device to restart while it's waiting flashtool to prepare ftf...

Reactions: QualQuek

JucelyB

Sep 27, 2014

I have similar problem, but my battery is still over 85%, and i got this problem when i try to flash cwm recovery with fastboot... what should do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No it's not.
    Ihackers is working without any problems...

I said that many times but I'll repeat...

When you are flashing ROM (ftf) through flashtool, don't connect device immediately.

Open flashtool, select ftf and hit start.
    Wait until flashtool say "connect device"
    Then plug usb cable while holding vol down.

That way you'll prevent device to restart while it's waiting flashtool to prepare ftf...