[Q] Should I unroot my Xperia Arc?

Search This thread

MaverickGamerX

Jun 2, 2011
I bought a new Xperia Arc yesterday and I have read up on some benefits of rooting. Since I'm new to this, I decided to root my Arc as well. It went well without any problems, but now I'm not seeing anything that really makes me feel the benefit of a rooted Xperia Arc. Can anyone give me reasons to keep it rooted or should I unroot it to save my warranty?

Last edited:

Kyraa

May 23, 2011
Dresden
Warranty is only voided with unlocking the bootloader. Rooting the device won't have an effect on that. Therefore stay with root. You don't have any disadvantages, only advantages (even if they are not that big for you).

MaverickGamerX

Jun 2, 2011
So my warranty isn't voided by rooting it with GingerBreak? Anything I should do to bring the most out of my rooted Arc then?

Kyraa

May 23, 2011
Dresden
Not as far as I know. Sony Ericsson says that unlocking the bootloader MAY void your warranty and doesn't say anything about rooting the phone. If you root it with Gingerbreak you can unroot it again anyway.

soulskinner

Jun 1, 2011
Advantages of a rooted phone

Hi!

One thing I like best with an rooted device is, that you can install (and use!) a firewall on your phone.
With a firewall you can block the internet access of certain apps... ...no more electronic-spies. :)

Phrenks

Oct 16, 2011
Keep it! I'll tell you a couple of reasons why being root is awesome:

- If you unlock your bootloader and install a custom Kernel (DoomKernel is my favorite), you are able to overclock your CPU for faster performance, or underclock it for better battery life (SetCPU works well for me).

- You can install apps that require root access to work and can do very, very useful things. Titanium Backup, for example, lets you save the data from your apps so that it's not lost when you flash a new ROM.

- If you're like me, you'll like having the terminal on your phone, even if you don't use it that much. I've found it useful a couple of times. If you're root, you can download the Terminal emulator from the market and play around.

There are many benefits of being root depending on what you like to do with your phone. These are just the reasons why I like it ;)

bloodsuckingcomputer

Dec 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
How to unroot xperia arc?

Assuming you are on bb .42,you can lose root by just updating it firmware to .62,or better, flash a new one.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Hi!

One thing I like best with an rooted device is, that you can install (and use!) a firewall on your phone.
With a firewall you can block the internet access of certain apps... ...no more electronic-spies. :)

perhaps the most important feature for myself,and that is just one out of thousands of the benefit of rooting....