[THEME][KIT KAT][n900V] All Backs Black Note 3 TouchWiz 4.4+ [21-06-2014]

Search This thread

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Me said:

Hi all,

Obviously I haven't been maintaining this thread/theme for some time... I think it is safe to say that it has been abandoned, I have removed all of the remaining download links although you can find everything that was posted on this thread here.

Cheers.

Me said:
Hi All,

Just a quick note to those that keep up with this thread, as you would have seen I haven't been very active of late.

Unfortunately, at this point in time I am too busy with "real life" to sink time into this project.

I am not abandoning this project, there are many things I have planned and am working on to extend and improve upon this theme. When time permits I will finish what I have started and release a new version.

In the meantime there are plenty of users that have used this theme for a while and can help you with any issues you may have.

If I haven't replied to your quote, mention or PM, I will endeavour to do so in the coming week.

Thanks.

rpav5Fj.png

See below for some screens.

Dy2Fz8E.png

S5 MMS & Settings

t24CuCL.png

See further below for Download links, changelog and a list of ROM's All Backs Black has been reported working on.

I have added this thread here for those that don't venture into other Note 3 forums. Plus it will be easier to manage the enhanced ABB files.

Original thread here.

If you post in this thread please don't double post in other ABB threads.

Feast your eyes on All Backs Black for Note3 TW 4.4+ (Rooted) Odexed or Deodexed by the original creator @Kdio.

This is a tried and proven theme that has been implemented on both the S3 & S4. In saying that, this is not a port, this theme was made ground up by Kdio and myself for the Note3.

Some users install this theme for battery efficiency; I prefer to use it purely for aesthetics I find it more pleasing to the eye than the stock TouchWiz interface colours.

For those of you that prefer something simple and done right or would like a reported 20% more battery, this theme is probably for you.

Neither I nor the original creator of this theme are responsible for any damage you do to your device. Flash at your own risk.

A few words from the Man you should be grateful to if you decide to flash and use this theme.

Theme Creator Kdio said:
Objective:

As extensively researched by the community, the use of black backgrounds in OLED (AMOLED and Super AMOLED) devices may lead to a gain up to 20% more battery juice. As related information, you can find some maths here and this xda experiment.

If, as is mine, your main device concern is lifetime and not the looks, give this a try and share your experience. Mine has been fantastic!

What is themed:
- ClockPackage_OSup
- MultiWindowTrayService
- JobManager
- Keyguard
- MusicPlayerWT
- Popupcalculator
- SamsungIME
- SecCalculator_3d
- SecCalculator2
- SecContacts_OSup
- SecDownloadProviderUi
- SecEmail_J
- SecGallery2013
- SecLauncher4
- SecMms
- SecPhone
- SecSettings
- SPlanner_2013
- SystemUI
- framework-res
- twframework-res

Notice: If you flash this theme just after flashing the ROM (before first boot) Desk and Lock screen will be setted to black.

Requirements:

- Samsung Stock TouchWiz Rooted KitKat 4.4+ ROM
- Custom Recovery

Install:

- Enter CWM recovery;
- Install Core files Zip from below
- Reboot your device and Profit!!! If like me you are OCD and suffer from ORD or if you have any issues (with the theme), wipe Cache and Dalvik.

Uninstall:

- Enter CWM recovery
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik
- Reflash your ROM zip (no need to wipe data)
- Restart your device, Done!!!

Updates:

- Enter CWM recovery;
- Install latest iteration
- Reboot your device and Profit!!! (If you have any issues wipe Cache and Dalvik.)

This Theme should work on any Stock Rooted 4.4+ TouchWiz Odexed or Deodexed ROM (Just install the All Backs Black core files from below and all should be good.).

If you try this theme on a ROM that isn't listed below please let us know. Also if you have any issues or general comments feel free to chime in.

Downloads

Look here.

Changelog

Code:
21/06/2014

- Included fixed Mms apk in package

15/06/2014

- Blacked out Pen Window
- Revamped S5 MMS

[B]09/06/2014[/B]

- MMS conversation bubbles darkened
- Dialler icons fixed 

[B]08/06/2014[/B]

- WiFi calling icon fixed
- Mms apk name corrected
- Removed themed XML's from email apk
- Call and S-Voice icons in dialer fixed

[B]06/06/2014[/B]

- n900V Release

Roms this theme has been reported working on.:

- JasmineROM v1.3.3
- JasmineROM v1.7.2
- BajaROM Build 14
- BajaROM Build 15
- Hyperdrive KK RLS8
- bigginsROM V4.5[/URL]
- 'Beans' Stock Root Odex/DeOdex (04/23/14)
- Rick's ROM KitKat 4.4.2 Build 8

Credits:

- @Kdio for his awesome work on this amazing theme (be sure to seek him out and thank him, it costs nothing)
- @freeza for his MMS wake on receipt fix for the S5 MMS Port
- @micmars for pointing the MMS fix out and pointing me in the right direction
- @Jocutz1987 for being an awesome Guinea Pig and making sure it was perfect for the n900 users
- @jrbxx7 for letting me know this theme also works on the n900V

Last edited:

sfld

Jul 24, 2007
i would love to flash this over baja rom. Anyone try it yet

about to try it now and hopefully my flashlight toggles in the quick settings stick. Making a backup in twrp before i flash it, i will report back in a few

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Ok i flashed it over baja 14 and its working good. however i already had a s5 mms mod installed and everything semes black except the area where i type my messages and also my conversation list is white.

Maybe you could give me the secmms apk that i need to copy to the system ??

Also the dialer is all black but the phone icon is green (no biggie) and the svoice button to the left of the phone icon is blue

Last edited:

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
THANKS!

i had been using it but with a lot of manipulation and steps to get it working from the main thread. glad its now designed for N3 on Verizon.

is there a "donate" button for this?

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
just reflashed my rom cause of email crash issues. has anyone that tried it used Exchange to verify no email FC? just curious before i do it again.

thanks

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
Damn nice theme. Got your thread saved when I upgrade to 4.4. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: micmars

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
using Jasmine rom which has the S5 Email i assume that this would remove that and replace it with original and so i unzipped this and removed the SecEmail_J and zipped it back up but then it failed to flash.

is there a way to accomplish this?

thanks

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
using Jasmine rom which has the S5 Email i assume that this would remove that and replace it with original and so i unzipped this and removed the SecEmail_J and zipped it back up but then it failed to flash.

is there a way to accomplish this?

thanks

There are no apk replacements for SecEmail_J in this theme, it'll only theme apks in your rom. If the apk isn't there, it'll bypass it and just keep going along to the next app.

Thus, if it's not in the vrtheme folder, then it's not getting touched. If it is, and you don't like the themed app for that item, copy/paste the unthemed original to your SD card and you can always push that back to system, app.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Oh snap! I was eyeballing and drooling over this in the other forums but it was the aroma version and that doesn't play with safe strap. I am going to give this a whirl! Thanks!

Hope you enjoy it, what ROM are you on?

Also the dialer is all black but the phone icon is green (no biggie) and the svoice button to the left of the phone icon is blue

Hi sfld,

Here is the standalone flashable SecMMS you are after. I must have missed the green icon, I will fix it in the next update.

THANKS!

i had been using it but with a lot of manipulation and steps to get it working from the main thread. glad its now designed for N3 on Verizon.

No need for donations, happy for people to just hit the thanks @Kdio and myself.

Working flawless.Thanks!!!

Glad to hear, what ROM are you running?

This looks great on HyperDrive Rls8. Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback.

using Jasmine rom which has the S5 Email

You weren't the first to come across this problem fletch and won't be the last. When I get the time I will look at doing the S5 Email as an apk to stem this issue.

Also, if you want to remove/add something to the zip, just open it with 7Zip make the changes and close when finished. Happy Flashing :good:

There are no apk replacements for SecEmail_J in this theme, it'll only theme apks in your rom. If the apk isn't there, it'll bypass it and just keep going along to the next app.

Thus, if it's not in the vrtheme folder, then it's not getting touched. If it is, and you don't like the themed app for that item, copy/paste the unthemed original to your SD card and you can always push that back to system, app.

Thanks micmars, I've been a bit slow today (wife's birthday).:angel:

mrwebb

Mar 2, 2009

I'm running Stock Beans 4.4 KitKat Deodex NC2.. Also noticed that the "Notifications/No Notifications" tab in the drop down menu is blue, but I removed it with Xposed just wanted to let you know for the next build. :good:

Last edited:

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Ok i flashed it over baja 14 and its working good. however i already had a s5 mms mod installed and everything semes black except the area where i type my messages and also my conversation list is white.

Hey All,

Could someone take a screenshot of the issues sfld has pointed out above. I have an update ready that addresses most of the issues so far. I just need a screen of the above issue to complete it.

Cheers.

I'm running Stock Beans 4.4 KitKat Deodex NC2.. Also noticed that the "Notifications/No Notifications" tab in the drop down menu is blue, but I removed it with Xposed just wanted to let you know for the next build. :good:

The notification bar is a per ROM mod, I didn't have this set out clearly when I posted the thread, but it is now, see below.

Enhancements

* Semi-Transparent Notification/Status screen;

For the above enhancements please pull the below files from your device, upload to your favourite file sharing site then PM me the link.

system\framework\framework-res.apk
system\framework\twframework_res.apk
system\priv-app\SystemUI.apk

Please also include a link to the ROM.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Me said:

Hi all,

Obviously I haven't been maintaining this thread/theme for some time... I think it is safe to say that it has been abandoned, I have removed all of the remaining download links although you can find everything that was posted on this thread here.

Cheers.

Me said:
    Hi All,

Just a quick note to those that keep up with this thread, as you would have seen I haven't been very active of late.

Unfortunately, at this point in time I am too busy with "real life" to sink time into this project.

I am not abandoning this project, there are many things I have planned and am working on to extend and improve upon this theme. When time permits I will finish what I have started and release a new version.

In the meantime there are plenty of users that have used this theme for a while and can help you with any issues you may have.

If I haven't replied to your quote, mention or PM, I will endeavour to do so in the coming week.

Thanks.

rpav5Fj.png

See below for some screens.

Dy2Fz8E.png

S5 MMS & Settings

t24CuCL.png

See further below for Download links, changelog and a list of ROM's All Backs Black has been reported working on.

I have added this thread here for those that don't venture into other Note 3 forums. Plus it will be easier to manage the enhanced ABB files.

Original thread here.

If you post in this thread please don't double post in other ABB threads.

Feast your eyes on All Backs Black for Note3 TW 4.4+ (Rooted) Odexed or Deodexed by the original creator @Kdio.

This is a tried and proven theme that has been implemented on both the S3 & S4. In saying that, this is not a port, this theme was made ground up by Kdio and myself for the Note3.

Some users install this theme for battery efficiency; I prefer to use it purely for aesthetics I find it more pleasing to the eye than the stock TouchWiz interface colours.

For those of you that prefer something simple and done right or would like a reported 20% more battery, this theme is probably for you.

Neither I nor the original creator of this theme are responsible for any damage you do to your device. Flash at your own risk.

A few words from the Man you should be grateful to if you decide to flash and use this theme.

Theme Creator Kdio said:
    Objective:

As extensively researched by the community, the use of black backgrounds in OLED (AMOLED and Super AMOLED) devices may lead to a gain up to 20% more battery juice. As related information, you can find some maths here and this xda experiment.

If, as is mine, your main device concern is lifetime and not the looks, give this a try and share your experience. Mine has been fantastic!

What is themed:
    - ClockPackage_OSup
    - MultiWindowTrayService
    - JobManager
    - Keyguard
    - MusicPlayerWT
    - Popupcalculator
    - SamsungIME
    - SecCalculator_3d
    - SecCalculator2
    - SecContacts_OSup
    - SecDownloadProviderUi
    - SecEmail_J
    - SecGallery2013
    - SecLauncher4
    - SecMms
    - SecPhone
    - SecSettings
    - SPlanner_2013
    - SystemUI
    - framework-res
    - twframework-res

Notice: If you flash this theme just after flashing the ROM (before first boot) Desk and Lock screen will be setted to black.

Requirements:

- Samsung Stock TouchWiz Rooted KitKat 4.4+ ROM
    - Custom Recovery

Install:

- Enter CWM recovery;
    - Install Core files Zip from below
    - Reboot your device and Profit!!! If like me you are OCD and suffer from ORD or if you have any issues (with the theme), wipe Cache and Dalvik.

Uninstall:

- Enter CWM recovery
    - Wipe Cache and Dalvik
    - Reflash your ROM zip (no need to wipe data)
    - Restart your device, Done!!!

Updates:

- Enter CWM recovery;
    - Install latest iteration
    - Reboot your device and Profit!!! (If you have any issues wipe Cache and Dalvik.)

This Theme should work on any Stock Rooted 4.4+ TouchWiz Odexed or Deodexed ROM (Just install the All Backs Black core files from below and all should be good.).

If you try this theme on a ROM that isn't listed below please let us know. Also if you have any issues or general comments feel free to chime in.

Downloads

Look here.

Changelog

Code:
    21/06/2014

- Included fixed Mms apk in package

15/06/2014

- Blacked out Pen Window
    - Revamped S5 MMS

[B]09/06/2014[/B]

- Dialler icons fixed 

[B]08/06/2014[/B]

- WiFi calling icon fixed
    - Mms apk name corrected
    - Removed themed XML's from email apk
    - Call and S-Voice icons in dialer fixed

[B]06/06/2014[/B]

- n900V Release

Roms this theme has been reported working on.:

- JasmineROM v1.3.3
    - JasmineROM v1.7.2
    - BajaROM Build 14
    - BajaROM Build 15
    - Hyperdrive KK RLS8
    - bigginsROM V4.5[/URL]
    - 'Beans' Stock Root Odex/DeOdex (04/23/14)
    - Rick's ROM KitKat 4.4.2 Build 8

Credits:

- @Kdio for his awesome work on this amazing theme (be sure to seek him out and thank him, it costs nothing)
    - @freeza for his MMS wake on receipt fix for the S5 MMS Port
    - @micmars for pointing the MMS fix out and pointing me in the right direction
    - @Jocutz1987 for being an awesome Guinea Pig and making sure it was perfect for the n900 users
    - @jrbxx7 for letting me know this theme also works on the n900V
    Oh snap! I was eyeballing and drooling over this in the other forums but it was the aroma version and that doesn't play with safe strap. I am going to give this a whirl! Thanks!

Hope you enjoy it, what ROM are you on?

Hi sfld,

Here is the standalone flashable SecMMS you are after. I must have missed the green icon, I will fix it in the next update.

THANKS!

No need for donations, happy for people to just hit the thanks @Kdio and myself.

Working flawless.Thanks!!!

This looks great on HyperDrive Rls8. Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback.

using Jasmine rom which has the S5 Email

You weren't the first to come across this problem fletch and won't be the last. When I get the time I will look at doing the S5 Email as an apk to stem this issue.

Also, if you want to remove/add something to the zip, just open it with 7Zip make the changes and close when finished. Happy Flashing :good:

Thanks micmars, I've been a bit slow today (wife's birthday).:angel:
    Too Busy.

Hi All,

Thanks.
    Update

Hi All,

See the OP for an update to the core files.

- Blacked out Pen Window
    - Revamped S5 MMS

If there are any issues let me know.

Happy Flashing.
    Update

Hi All,

See OP for update.

09/06/2014

- Dialler icons fixed

Let me know if there are any issues.

Cheers.