[Q] Carbon ROM and UBER Kernel Problem

Search This thread

baloushot

Aug 13, 2013
As the title says:

Got a problem when flashing UBER 2 GHz on Carbon ROM. everything goes fine, then when the phone enters lock screen, phone.apk crashes. haven't installed google apps yet, and also use April 4 build of Carbon ROM. Any problems or AM I JUST LOOKING AT A COMPATIBILITY ERROR?

P.S.
Looked through the UBER Kernel Main Thread. Says you need TWRP 2.6.1.0 . I use TWRP 2.7.0.0. Is there anything wrong?

Thanks!

bmg002

Aug 21, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
As the title says:

Got a problem when flashing UBER 2 GHz on Carbon ROM. everything goes fine, then when the phone enters lock screen, phone.apk crashes. haven't installed google apps yet, and also use April 4 build of Carbon ROM. Any problems or AM I JUST LOOKING AT A COMPATIBILITY ERROR?

P.S.
Looked through the UBER Kernel Main Thread. Says you need TWRP 2.6.1.0 . I use TWRP 2.7.0.0. Is there anything wrong?

Thanks!

Pretty sure your issue is either you need GAPPS (all roms need GAPPS... unless they have it built in... if the install instrucitons say install gapps, install gapps. I am fairly confident that phone.apk is part of gapps.) OR UBER isn't compatible with Carbon.
Also, are you using the proper UBER for a KK ROM?

mechanity

Sep 1, 2013
Atlanta
As the title says:

P.S.

Thanks!

I was having the exact same problem, I've tried running it with uber many times so guessing it's an incompatibility. Uber's experimental Sabermod kernel is working okay with carbon though.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I did install gapps, and I'm also using TWRP 2.7.0.0.

Last edited: