Search This thread

LancerV

Nov 20, 2007
Anyone have this happen?
ege3usur.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
Is there anyway to make the light brighter? My flashlight app is almost 2x brighter

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Liquorsicc92

Jan 12, 2014
Modesto
How would you go about removing this mod if you wanted to? I'm using the s5 toggles at the moment and unfortunately the flashlight toggle still looks like stock :/

Androidwarrior

Apr 9, 2014
Will this work for the lastest sprint nc5 update?

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

EeeK

Nov 30, 2011
Sorry noob here with a note 3 just rooted with towelroot. How do I flash the 2 zip files?

padre629

Mar 23, 2013
Colombia
Sorry noob here with a note 3 just rooted with towelroot. How do I flash the 2 zip files?
Simple.

1. Put both files (http://d-h.st/b3n and http://d-h.st/PKx) into your sdcard.
2. Reboot into your custom recovery.
3. Make a NANDroid backup (Backup'n'restore / Backup)
4. Flash first file (flashlight_toggle_nb4_stock_part1), then second file (flashlight_toggle_enable_part2), both at "install .zip from sdcard" option.
5. Reboot system
6. Open Root Explorer / ES Explorer and go to "/system/priv-app" directory and delete these files: SystemUI.odex and SecSettings.odex
7. Reboot system
8. ENJOY!!

Press Thanks if this was useful!

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Excellent and great post my dear OP.
However, can you make the flashlight a bit brigther? E.g. like some third party apps make?

Moreover I've added some toggles to settings.db, located at "/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db", this can be edit with "SQL Editor" app.
Append to register: MobileData; (for mobile data), WiFiHotspot; (to enable wifi hotspot)

How do I add Brightness and Screen Timeout toggles? which "commands" do I use? I'll edit this post when I found them!

Some suggestion: delete automatically in second script the SystemUI.odex and SecSettings.odex files, in order to avoid possible hand-errors.
Thanks, great post.

bluntex

Jun 27, 2007
Mobile Data Flashable

Those are already there, you just need to add them to the settings.db with an sqlite editor, as you can see from the screenshots. Mobile data is already enabled for me :)

I suppose I could add it to the second part of the flashable zip. Where it enables mobile data and flashlight.

can put the mobile toggle into a flashable file please

chispas109

Dec 29, 2010
I flashed this on my wifes phone. She has fenny stock 1.3 and system ui just keeps crashing. It does not let me do anything but to remove the battery. Any help is appreciAted. Thanks.

Austtin

Nov 2, 2013
I must say something and may be I repost this post on some other threads. Why instead of say hey flash this, tell us how to proceed with the new smali code?
I mean before it was
.parameter "context"

now it's
.param p1, "context" #Landroid/content/context;

many thing has changed like registers(before) now are named as locals.

so this mod is working if you flash as it is, but if you decompile the systemUI you'll face an error on log(or if you extract the FlashlightQuickSettings and push it to your system ui it's showing error), that smali files can't be decompiled, because of the old code (at least happened to me using android tool latest one) I think it's using latest apktool, so I'm gonna check if using an older apktool (not android tool) happens this to me again. Because I wonder how da hell they made this without getting any error on log?? I don't know all the smali language, there's no a guide on web of it too. I know that you can decompile the classes.dex using other tool without the need of apktool. But if you do something like that you can get a systemui fc. so tell us how to proceed please? or are you planning to keep info as a secret??? lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well Since coming to Kitkat, I loved the flashlight toggle that tweaked offered. So I set out to enable it on this firmware. Plus I need to contribute something to the Note 3 :p

First things first;
    @CNexus - For the how-to on the mod - and creating it, and allowing me to post it.
    @dwitherell - for the smali help(stupid santax), and help with everything else.
    @foreverloco - for helping me with everything, his AOSP theme(that toggle is coming later)

Now On to the Mod - there are 2 parts that need to be flashed. Part 1, and then Part 2. YOU MUST FLASH BOTH PARTS.

Download Part 1
    Download Part 2

Click Below to see screenies
    2014-03-10-18-22-24_zpsbsgu14o8.png

2014-03-10-18-22-38_zpsusrcbqgf.png

Thats it, enjoy!

Oh and it shouldnt matter if you are odexed or deodexed, both APK's are already deodexed, however you will need to delete the .odex files for the SystemUI and SecSettings in /system/priv-app
    nice man!

do you think you could add a couple other toggles too? like mobile data and smart network? that would be ideal :good::cowboy::cowboy:

Those are already there, you just need to add them to the settings.db with an sqlite editor, as you can see from the screenshots. Mobile data is already enabled for me :)

I suppose I could add it to the second part of the flashable zip. Where it enables mobile data and flashlight.
    2nd part does not flash... (using TWRP/Philz) says fail.

I found a solution... Flash attached file below, then immediately flash the OP's part 1... Reboot & done...

http://tekhd.com/downloads/SweetV10_4.4.2_Torch_Final_by_not-i.zip

2014-03-10-23-58-46.png

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app.
    U used his newest smali files? When I did it there was no need for 2 flashes?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

The second part just adds the "Flashlight" to settings.db.

2nd part does not flash... (using TWRP/Philz) says fail.

I found a solution... Flash attached file below, then immediately flash the OP's part 1... Reboot & done...

http://tekhd.com/downloads/SweetV10_4.4.2_Torch_Final_by_not-i.zip

2014-03-10-23-58-46.png

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app.

That's weird. It flashes on some and not on others.. I'll find out why today.

Stupid updater script. Missed a ";" re-uploading now.
    Not sure if it was mentioned or not but power toggles is a widget and has that flashlight toggle. I use it for that and other toggles as well.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The point which I have stated before, was NOT to use a secondary app to controll the toggles.

Which is why this mod was created.

You don't have to use it. But this uses zero system resources and memory. As power toggles takes up screen space, memory and resources.

Samsung includes everything I need. So why use an app?