How many would you say..

Search This thread

stevie13.xo

Mar 9, 2012
How many nand writes does the epic have roughly.. and what would happen if you stumbled across the last write and then tried to flash it again

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Last edited:

tinslwc

Apr 30, 2011
Probably in the thousands (or 10s of thousands). It should also have wear leveling which means that you would actually have to write the entire 1GB NAND 10s of thousands of times to 'wear it out'. 10,000 writes would mean writing 10TB to the NAND memory, accounting for wear leveling. There is not a specific limit, it will just start to have corrupted data. There is also some unused (spare, if you will) memory that can be used to replace bad spots as they come up.

Remember, everytime you download an app, or anything that writes to the /data directory, you are writing to the NAND memory.

Long story short, I highly doubt you will ever start to wear out the NAND memory of the phone. If the average ROM is 130MB, 10TB / 130 MB = 77,000 ROM flashes.

G

GuestK00145

Probably in the thousands (or 10s of thousands). It should also have wear leveling which means that you would actually have to write the entire 1GB NAND 10s of thousands of times to 'wear it out'. 10,000 writes would mean writing 10TB to the NAND memory, accounting for wear leveling. There is not a specific limit, it will just start to have corrupted data. There is also some unused (spare, if you will) memory that can be used to replace bad spots as they come up.

Remember, everytime you download an app, or anything that writes to the /data directory, you are writing to the NAND memory.

Long story short, I highly doubt you will ever start to wear out the NAND memory of the phone. If the average ROM is 130MB, 10TB / 130 MB = 77,000 ROM flashes.

Damn, I only 2 rom flashes left :(

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Take it account that their 130 mb compressed..