Doodle Jump pathetic graphics performance, Tmo version only??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
I recently switched from Sprint to Tmobile, both carriers version of the SGS2, and noticed a startling difference in graphics performance between the two versions, most easily witnessed whilst playing the game Doodle Jump. Mind you this is not a graphics intense game, but the Tmo version of this phone just cannot handle it. My gf has the same exact phone and gets the same results. Is the graphics capabilities with the snapdragon processors that much worse vs the original processors used in all other variants of the SGS2??

bighulk666

Jun 8, 2010
Bay Area
Umm...i have DJ installed now to see what your complaining about. I see ZERO lag. The graphics are pixelated, I can only assume it's because of the MASSIVE screen and the program not being optimized for it.

Umm...i have DJ installed now to see what your complaining about. I see ZERO lag. The graphics are pixelated, I can only assume it's because of the MASSIVE screen and the program not being optimized for it.

Pixilated graphics is just the start...once you get going the jitteryness and choppyness is overwhelming. Screen size would be an excuse....if the Sprint version had the same issues, which it does not, it plays the game flawlessly, and has the same 4.52" screen.

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010
Pixilated graphics is just the start...once you get going the jitteryness and choppyness is overwhelming. Screen size would be an excuse....if the Sprint version had the same issues, which it does not, it plays the game flawlessly, and has the same 4.52" screen.

If your your just looking to play Doodle Jump.. then go buy an iPhone, you'll be happy. Or, return your phone, and get an amaze. God forbid you play other games.. whos knows what will happen.

If your your just looking to play Doodle Jump.. then go buy an iPhone, you'll be happy. Or, return your phone, and get an amaze. God forbid you play other games.. whos knows what will happen.

Lol, I knew these responses were coming...but still, why the hell can't a phone of this magnitude handle such a tiny game??? I think Samsung needs to be aware of such Epic shortcomings with such a bad ass phone otherwise. I was literally shocked at what my eyes were witnessing, it's really that bad, you can't deny it, unfortunately :-(

bighulk666

Jun 8, 2010
Bay Area
Lol, I knew these responses were coming...but still, why the hell can't a phone of this magnitude handle such a tiny game??? I think Samsung needs to be aware of such Epic shortcomings with such a bad ass phone otherwise. I was literally shocked at what my eyes were witnessing, it's really that bad, you can't deny it, unfortunately :-(

Stop asking why, and just return the phone. People really find any reason to complain.

foreverloco

Oct 20, 2011
Gainesville, FL

Just downloaded that game after i saw youre post to make sure and it plays flawlessly on mine no lag what so ever ima thinking you just might be trolling here every comment youve made about the beast has been unconfirmed garbage ... :p

ArcticWolf91

Jul 15, 2010

For what it's worth, Doodle Jump looks TERRIBLE on the Sensation, and that's with the higher resolution, so it's not an issue of too low a resolution. I think DJ just has issues displaying properly.

heygrl

Nov 20, 2009
Las Vegassss
Honestly.. unless the game looks AMAZING and graphics intensive you can put the blame on the game itself not having optimization for our graphics processor.

cu_ninja

Sep 6, 2010
Austin
I just played DJ and it does feels like it's in slow motion compared to my Nexus S. That said, I agree with the idea it's probably the games fault and not the phone. Every other game I've played on the SGS2 has worked flawlessly.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

ceoesquad

Sep 19, 2009
compton ca
this guy is not alone i posted the bad gpu many time playing city jump and gun bros it lags and on gun bros the controls get stuck i would never trade my phone in the point of saying that is maybe the devs can find away to fix these problems in the rom its not just the fact that games are not optimized for the phone because they are my brother has a dell streak and games work better on there so i no its the gpu my lock screen lags so hopfully the can be fixed in some roms

Moderators embarrassed...must delete this complaint lol

Ok, so this is the third thread I have posted about this shortcoming with Tmo's version of this phone....apparently the moderators are so sensitive to this issue all they can do is delete the thread, which is pretty damn pathetic if you ask me. Anyway, this Tmo version of theSGS2 is completely incapable of processing the simple game of Doodle Jump. Try it for yourself and see what happens... I'll keep reposting until it gets addressed.

T

The_Biz

Maybe the game needs an update because of our hardware or screen size? I'd say that's more likely the problem.

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
Ok, so this is the third thread I have posted about this shortcoming with Tmo's version of this phone....apparently the moderators are so sensitive to this issue all they can do is delete the thread, which is pretty damn pathetic if you ask me. Anyway, this Tmo version of theSGS2 is completely incapable of processing the simple game of Doodle Jump. Try it for yourself and see what happens... I'll keep reposting until it gets addressed.

The issue won't get addressed if you post here. You have to post to the dev of the app you are having the issue with. As new hardware comes out there will always be this issue of incompatibility until the dev optimize their apps to work on the newer hardware. This issue is nothing new with Android and I think ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) should also help fix this issue.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Last edited:

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
The issue won't get addressed if you post here. You have to post to the dev of the app you are having the issue with. As new hardware comes out there will always be this issue of incompatibility until the dev optimize their apps to work on the newer hardware. This issue is nothing new with Android and I think ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) should also help fix this issue.

ap77

Dec 1, 2010

There is nothing new about the hardware in this phone, including the GPU -- it's been out and in use for some time.

OP: you're going to get a lot of hysterical fanboy trolling about how their phone is "completely fine" and "lag free." That's the nature of this particular forum. The real issue is that Samsung released this phone with zero optimization and compared to the other SGS2 models, this one is a complete joke in terms of performance -- except with respect to data speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.