Boot Manager?

Search This thread

amathophobia

Aug 28, 2008
Orlando, FL
Has anyone tried it out? I've got it installed but I am having trouble finding the info that i need for manual entry (sdcardblock, system size, data size, cache size)

Edit:

df says that system is 1gb cache is 629mb and data is 11gb

Edit 2:

would mmcblk034 "userdata" be it?

Last edited:

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
I'm trying to figure this out now that we have s-off. When I type in mount in a terminal emulator mmcblk034 appears to be /data... I wouldn't put a ROM there. I think it's supposed to be /storage/sdcard0. I suppose you could also do /storage/USB for USB otg. Device should just be dlx. also I'm seeing system, data, and cache all listed in kB and they're slightly different than you're readings... Is there any way to just see the different paths in mb which is what boot manager wants? I'm afraid if I convert it to mb it will be inaccurate.

EDIT: okay here's my readings from df -a:
/system is 1870672 kb which is 1826.83 mb according to google
/data is 11998408 kb which is 11717.2 mb according to google
/cache is 645052 kb which is 629.934 mb according google

So right now I have it set up like this:
Device: dlx
sdcardblock: /storage/sdcard0
system's size in mb: 1826
data's size in mb: 11717
cache's size in mb: 629

I don't know if I should round up or down, it doesn't let me do decimals so I just rounded down. I'm afraid to test it because I don't know how important that part is.

Also something to consider is I don't think any of our roms have kernels in the zip file, just separate boot.img's.

Anyone care to contribute?

Last edited:

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
Disregard what I said about the kernels, it appears the kernels are still in the zip files. I'm still hesitant to try this though...

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
Okay, this app is worthless. It just tells me I don't have enough space to install a rom and I have over 5 gigs available. The GUI is glitchy and the default screenshot for a rom is from GB. I also did some reading and it won't boot JB roms unless it's the default rom. I have a feeling multiboot is not in the future for this phone either, so I guess nandroids aren't that bad to use, provided they work the way they're supposed to.