Downgrading from CM11 to CM 10.1 - Problem with gapps

Search This thread

stassinari

Jan 25, 2014
Hello people. I've always found everything I was looking for, here in XDA, but for my last problem I wasn't so lucky.

Two days ago I've flashed the new CM11 nightly for SGSII and (obviously) the corresponding gapps-kk. I've always used CWM for these operations, and it never let me down. The operation went fine, but, I found it too laggy for daily use. At first I thought it was because I didn't wipe data, but only cache/Dalvik cache (I know, I know, I should know better), so I wiped all and then installed them again.
Founding it still lagging, I wanted to go back to CM 10.1.3 stable. To do so, I wiped data/cache/Dalvik then flashed CM and finally gapps-jb. It seemed everything installed correctly (no errors on CWM), but when it boots up there is no Google Apps. I tried flashing gapps again, but to no results.
I then noticed that the flashing of the gapps takes too little time, like 3/4 seconds, although the file is almost 100MB. Then my guess was that there were some leftovers from the KitKat gapps that CWM didn't want to overwrite, so (as I also read on another thread) I tried formatting /system from CWM. Again, it didn't work.
The last thing I tried was to bypass gapps by copying GoogleServicesFramework and Google Play (Vending) apks to /system/app, set permissions to -rw-r--r-- and rebooted. It didn't work either.

What can I do now? What would the cause be?
(This is my first post, as I've always found everything here. If there's any error I'll correct it, please be kind ^_^)

stassinari

Jan 25, 2014
Thread to be deleted

Thanks for the quick response Dakura. But I guess I don't need to try your solution, as I've found what the issue was and I feel pretty ashamed of myself.
The cause was the zip file, it was corrupted... Guess that's what md5 is for lol.
So yeah, sorry admins/moderators. I ask politely to remove my own rubbish. Thanks.

Last edited: