Help with brick please

Search This thread

vhd99

Aug 25, 2007
i have same problem all symptons same..IF you find a soltuion please let me now,i beleive my emmc has faulty..

rinksy55

Jan 26, 2014
i have same problem all symptons same..IF you find a soltuion please let me now,i beleive my emmc has faulty..

Ill be sure to update as I go, will be trying the clean install of windows onto another hard disc sometime this weekend, just working out the details of it now, so far

1.download dr keatens driver and put onto memory stick
2.download stock JB rom onto memory stick
3.download philz kerenal onto memory stick
4.download Odin to memory stick
5.shut down pc and swap over hd
6.install win7, not going to bother updating OS unless asked to do so for time saving
7.install drivers
8.install odin
9.try again

rinksy55

Jan 26, 2014
OK so did all of the above and now I can get a little further but still end result is fail, here's odin's text

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> philz_touch_6.07.9-n7000.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/003> Removed!!

Tried philz kernal and stock rom and different versions of odin all with same result

Thanks for the help so far, I feel like I might just get my phone back :)

rinksy55

Jan 26, 2014
Last edited:

rinksy55

Jan 26, 2014
No. The file name is different

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

For some reason the kernels are now gone from the thread, there is only recoveries remain.

For the mean time you can flash the version I downloaded before using odin:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g9kou6gn4olr498/PhilZ-cwm6-XXLTA-ATL-5.15.0.tar.md5

Many many thanks progress has been made, i flashed the Kernel in the link you provided Odin now reads as follows

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> PhilZ-cwm6-XXLTA-ATL-5.15.0.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> zImage
<ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/003> RES OK !!
<ID:0/003> Completed..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

I had a green RESET message where once it said failed and now says PASS my Note has the loading screen with warning triangle, time to flash rom?

Last edited:

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
Yes, boot into recovery, do "clean to install rom" then follow rom flash instruction for the rom you choose. Should start with a custom rom such as sweet rom aryamod.

Reactions: rinksy55

rinksy55

Jan 26, 2014
still cant get to recovery menu (vol up+power+home)

Ok to flash 'N7000XXLTC_MOD1.tar.md5' with odin, pda tab?

rinksy55

Jan 26, 2014
ooooo so close I think heres odins text

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7000XXLTC_MOD1.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> cache.img
<ID:0/003> factoryfs.img
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

E2A: just tried to flash same rom again and now I dont get download mode istead a message saying

'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again'

Last edited:

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
Looks like a serious problem now. If you can get into DL mode again, then will need to try to flash rom with a pit file. Stock pit, then custom one.

rinksy55

Jan 26, 2014
Looks like a serious problem now. If you can get into DL mode again, then will need to try to flash rom with a pit file. Stock pit, then custom one.

I thought it was already seriuos lol

I took the battery out and left it for a few mins then tried again to access download mode with success, also uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers, rebooted pc different USB port and tried again

I AM PLEASED TO REPORT MY PHONE IS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN. I was ready to give up tbh but thanks to you guys here and a lot of reading and patience I am no longer bricked.

I can't thank you enough for the help, download links and willingness to help out, speedy replies and everything

Ill be sticking to the rom installed and not bother messing with it again, just so pleased to have a working phone again

Hope this helps others out to

many many thanks :cowboy::good::laugh::victory:;):D

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7000XXLTC_MOD1.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> cache.img
<ID:0/003> factoryfs.img
<ID:0/003> hidden.img
<ID:0/003> modem.bin
<ID:0/003> zImage
<ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/003> RES OK !!
<ID:0/003> Completed..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Added!!

Last edited:
Reactions: forest1971

rinksy55

Jan 26, 2014

strange tho, all apps, home screens apear to be unchanged and in working order, got a text message from my carrier saying something has changed and to install 'this' to get internet working

Do you think its safe for me to factory reset?. I think I'd like a clean slate to be sure of no errors again

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
JB rom will not wipe data. So all apps will be there... You can factory reset.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

So the issue was with Windows?

Reactions: forest1971

rinksy55

Jan 26, 2014
---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

[/COLOR]So the issue was with Windows?[/QUOTE]

It seems that way or most likely the I screwed up the drivers

A simple win7 install onto an old (very old) HD. I use SSD's now so had a few old drives knocking about, just disconneceted the SSD's connected the HD, set bios to boot from cd drive, installed windows (didnt bother with updates), installed dr keatens drivers, installed Odin then just copied kernal and rom to desktop. Odin did the rest.

As for what started the problem, I found two superuser apps installed (both different) that I think were conflicting, when one updated the other threw a wobbly and messed up something on the phone.

I thought I was installing a kernel and wasn't. Its wasn't untill I was given a link to Philz kernel that the progress was made, I followed that thread and read it more than 5 times not realizing that the kernels are missing from post no3 but post no1 says they are there.

Phone behaves a little different at certain times doing certain things but is all working well and I am happy, again many thanks for you help and advice :).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download and flash PhilZ kernel 15.5 odin version. Flask on via odin (put it in pda tab and flash) and see if you can get your phone working again or can get into recovery. If not download and.flash whole stock jb rom. There is also a ltc rom odin version recently posted in one of the two dev threads.
    As how to use odin for note, find the famous sticky thread by dr.ketan in our n7000 forum.

@rinksy55 you said low battery right? charge the battery first and then try to go to recovery and download mode.
    Looks like problem with setting up connection. Drivers/USB/USB Cable/Ports/PC.
    1. Install the latest drivers from: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956/
    2. Reboot
    3. Disable all antiviruses
    4. On your phone:
    a) Boot into download mode
    b) Plug your phone into your PC (only plug it into the USB 2.0 ports, don't do it on 3.0 or 1.1 or 1.0 etc.)
    c) Follow the on screen instructions saying something along the lines of "Press volume up to continue" - you want to continue
    d) Check whether Odin has detected your phone, if it has continue to step 5
    5. Flash a stock ROM or kernel
    6. If it succeeds, boot into recovery and perform a factory reset <= ONLY IF IT ISN"T ICS
    Would a clean install of win7 work, I have spare hard drive I could try, I'm guessing youre thinking driver probs on my pc

thanks again

Yeah. That should do.