[Q] Rooting 4.3 Problem

Search This thread

xeningti

Mar 11, 2013
Hey guys i know there is probably an answer in here somewhere but ihave looked everywhere and tried all possible options to get this working. After my pc companion nagging at me to upgrade i bit the bullet and upgraded to JB 4.3 10.4.B.0.569

Afterwards i then found out that it had relocked bootloader and unrooted my phone..

So i went through the sony normal way of unlocked bootloader first of all... this is where i've hit a snag.. first time the Command promp told me it had failed then itried again with my KEY and it said DONE.... now my phone was stuck in a terrifying bootloop. So i then flashed 4.3 firmware using flashtools, and repaired my phone through sony center.... again.. tried to unlock bootloader and was stuck in boot loop. I have re flashed about 4 times and tried to unlock 4 times... still getting boot loops....

Any one care to shed some light on this?

Many thanks
Chris

Sonic5317

Oct 20, 2011
Manchester
Hey :)

I was playing around with 4.3 all last night and managed to get root on my Z with locked BL,

Here is how I did it..

(Locked bootloader, skip unlocking if already unlocked)
- Flash the .67 firmware via flashtool
- Root 4.2 as you would have
- Unlock your bootloader and Backup the TA partition to relock this without losing any DRM keys
- Using flashtool flash the new firmware .569 (4.3)
- Then flash Doomlords advanced stock kernel
- Boot 4.3 and power down
- Using the recover installed with the kernel flash a superSU.zip from somewhere around here.
- Reboot and you now should have root
[Locked bl]
- Reflash ONLY just .569 kernel from the FTF
- Power on and Restore your TA partition to relock your boot loader and return everything back to normal..but with some root ;)

As for your bootloader not unlocking properly i would first check to see if an unlock is allowed

Last edited:

kuboweb

Apr 30, 2013
Just unlock your bootloader through Flashtool when on newest firmware, flash advanced stock kernel, root,flash back stock kernel and re-lock your bootloader. should be working for you, and it wont take that much time :good::good:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Just unlock your bootloader through Flashtool when on newest firmware, flash advanced stock kernel, root,flash back stock kernel and re-lock your bootloader. should be working for you, and it wont take that much time :good::good:

If the warranty and features such as Bravia Engine 2 are important to anyone, please don't just follow this. Your DRM keys that allow BE2 to work and your warranty will be permanently lost.
Follow the earlier post in this thread and downgrade, root and backup your TA partition BEFORE unlocking the bootloader.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smith2k

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If the warranty and features such as Bravia Engine 2 are important to anyone, please don't just follow this. Your DRM keys that allow BE2 to work and your warranty will be permanently lost.
    Follow the earlier post in this thread and downgrade, root and backup your TA partition BEFORE unlocking the bootloader.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk