Streaming 1080

Search This thread

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
so i have had a tf101 for a while now and i have finally got around to rooting and installing a custom as i do with all my devices and it's going great.

however i have always had a problem playing 1080 videos this has always been an issue but it's become more so after i recently got a NAS this i am storing all my movies on.

when playing 1080 videos local or remote the video is fine but the sound cuts in and out, is the same across all video apps on the market.

i thought it might have been the CPU speed but i have overclocked and it is still the same.

any ideas how to fix this?

currently running katkiss.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Free mobile app

arikdahn

Nov 30, 2013
eusosp separate

so i have had a tf101 for a while now and i have finally got around to rooting and installing a custom as i do with all my devices and it's going great.

however i have always had a problem playing 1080 videos this has always been an issue but it's become more so after i recently got a NAS this i am storing all my movies on.

when playing 1080 videos local or remote the video is fine but the sound cuts in and out, is the same across all video apps on the market.

i thought it might have been the CPU speed but i have overclocked and it is still the same.

Umm... this device can only barely play those resolutions smoothly. They sound may suffer, and it might be the filetype/container you're playing as well. It may depend on the video app you're using. MXplayer is generally assumed to be the best and it has some decoder preferences you can tinker with (software/hardware, etc)

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
Umm... this device can only barely play those resolutions smoothly. They sound may suffer, and it might be the filetype/container you're playing as well. It may depend on the video app you're using. MXplayer is generally assumed to be the best and it has some decoder preferences you can tinker with (software/hardware, etc)

i read that the bitrate is limted to 6 mb/s aswell for hardware decoding :/ may have to redo some of my dvd's that i really must have.

nicks75

Oct 11, 2011

I used to use Dice player, but I haven't tried it under katkiss yet (only flashed it the other day)