How to? Fascinate Diag mode (QPST/QXDM/CDMA Workshop)

Search This thread

squarepush3r

Aug 15, 2010
Does anyone know information about how to connect the Samsung Fascinate as Diag Mode driver? ie: this type of connection needed for QPST/QXDM/CDMA Workshop.

I tried 'debugging mode' enabled from the settings in the Applications, but it didn't create any new port that would recognize for my phone.

The Epic solution is pretty strait forward

Install USB Drivers:
32 Bit or 64 Bit

Put phone into DIAG mode:
Dial ##8778#
Select UART = Modem, USB = Modem.

This doesn't seem to work on Fascinate though.

Abbadon Matanza

Jul 28, 2008
Thank you for the steps. I was also able to get the phone to be read by QPST and CDMA Workshop. The odd thing is that when I tried to read the phone again the next day, none of the software will read the phone. Interestingly, I can see the COM port and the Modem port in the Device Manager, but the software refuses to read the phone. I am wondering if I accidentally changed one of the settings to turn it into UART or something to this effect, but the code that I found for this (##UPST#) does not work on the phone, even with hidden menu enabled. Any suggestions, currently I am stuck with a phone that can only do voice and text, no 3G? Thank you in advance!

Abbadon Matanza

Jul 28, 2008
Thank you for your response! I tried that, it took me to the menu, plugged the phone to the PC, Device Manager shows Samsung Diagnostic Port, I use CDMA Workshop to try to at least read the phone. I connect to the correct COM port, but CDMAWS fails in reading it. I don't get it, it used to work fine with almost the exact same setup. I uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled them, same thing. Wiped the phone, same thing. Kind of frustrating. The only resort I have now is to maybe just get it fully flashed to stock so that I can start from scratch again. Odd, I have never had a phone that was giving me a COM port that phone software consistently fails to read, especially when it worked before. lol. Any assistance with anything else I may try would be greatly appreciated.

nFiniti

Jun 14, 2007
Albuquerque
Bringing this issue up.... I cannot get it to work. I've read tons of threads and everyone says go to Device Manager and click Ports and then change the port on the Samsung to port 1 and it will show up blah blah Blah.... there is no list that says "Ports" in Device Manager. I have this DialUpNetworking thing checked and debug mode and the port1 shows up in QPST but it says "No Phone". And yes all drivers are installed.

Diag/Testing Mode
*#4636*1111# ??????

That doesn't do jack. It just lets me input the numbers and when I press the last #, all the numbers vanish. I need this to work or I have to get a different Phone.

jenisiz

Dec 21, 2010
Over The Rainbow
Bringing this issue up.... I cannot get it to work. I've read tons of threads and everyone says go to Device Manager and click Ports and then change the port on the Samsung to port 1 and it will show up blah blah Blah.... there is no list that says "Ports" in Device Manager. I have this DialUpNetworking thing checked and debug mode and the port1 shows up in QPST but it says "No Phone". And yes all drivers are installed.

Diag/Testing Mode
*#4636*1111# ??????

That doesn't do jack. It just lets me input the numbers and when I press the last #, all the numbers vanish. I need this to work or I have to get a different Phone.

Do a search in general...i posted how there. It's like *33 something.

ziggy484

Jan 5, 2011
I found that only the .323 version of qpst worked for me. Also there is the *229 (i think) will reprogram those settings you may have messed up, maybe try that?

Sent from my rooted froyo Fascinate

jenisiz

Dec 21, 2010
Over The Rainbow
I found that only the .323 version of qpst worked for me. Also there is the *229 (i think) will reprogram those settings you may have messed up, maybe try that?

Sent from my rooted froyo Fascinate

323 works for basic flash, however if he's trying to get ppp configs setup for 3g and what not, he will need build 215. 323 will always revert to the original settings. If he's just trying to flash the prl, then it's no big deal. If he's trying to flash over to a different carrier, then it'll revert to vrz settings.

JUSMEJOSE

Jul 29, 2008
Anaheim, CA
Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks
Enable Dial up Networking
Next..
Menu > Settings > Applications > Development
Enable USB Debugging
-------------------------------------------
If Dial-up Networking is not showing perform the following. Dial **33284 followed by SPC (000000 or 468346 ) then scroll to Port Map and select HFK,DIAG. Once this is complete, you should now have Dial-up Networking showing up under Wireless and Network.
Bypass Activation:
Press "Emergency Call"
Dial *#83786633 then press send
After you press "send" press the "home" key and you should now be passed activation

zen_phones

Sep 6, 2012
this worked in getting the fascinate into daig mode. thank you!!!

Next..
Enable USB Debugging
If Dial-up Networking is not showing perform the following. Dial **33284 followed by SPC (000000 or 468346 ) then scroll to Port Map and select HFK,DIAG. Once this is complete, you should now have Dial-up Networking showing up under Wireless and Network.
Bypass Activation:
Press "Emergency Call"
After you press "send" press the "home" key and you should now be passed activation

JOSEUBIERA

Oct 27, 2012
i need the 16 digit password to change the serial number in sansung galaxy s i400

hello

i need the 16 digit password to change the serial number in sansung galaxy s i400 in cdma works shop please

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

TRY **USBUI (**87284)
You can switch the UART and USB from PDA to MODEM here.

i need the 16 digit password to change the serial number in sansung galaxy s i400 to cdma works shop please

hhp_211

May 15, 2008
hello

i need the 16 digit password to change the serial number in sansung galaxy s i400 in cdma works shop please

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

i need the 16 digit password to change the serial number in sansung galaxy s i400 to cdma works shop please

A quick interweb search brought up this number for the Samsung Continuum SCH-I400

20 10 03 16 19 81 02 19

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **33284 is what ur looking for

Edit: you need to set up the com. That requires knowing the port and putting the phone into dial up mode.
    Next..
    Enable USB Debugging
    Bypass Activation:
    Press "Emergency Call"
    Go to Settings - Wireless Networks - Click to Dialup Networking this will also put it in Dialup mode
    You could try Diag mode

Diag/Testing Mode
    *#4636*1111#

QPST sees it, but nothing is editable, in Dial-Up mode?
    TRY **USBUI (**87284)
    You can switch the UART and USB from PDA to MODEM here.