Problem with upgradting my Tytn

Search This thread

l1234

Sep 17, 2007
Hello all i traied to upgrade my tytn's rom for a cooked rom download from here(HTC_HERMES_S64_WM_6[1].1_TouchFlo2D_UC_V3_WWE_02.10.2008 and V8B1_Manilla2d)
but after it verifaid my info and try to syncronize again, i get an error and it can not syncronize.

what can it be the problem it's open a solve problem wizered and tell me to connect the usb connection again and to remove the battarey...but all of that dont solve it
PLZ help me.:confused:

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
On your Hermes go to settings>system>about>Device Id. Change the name to what your Active Sync id is. It should sync up with no problems...

l1234

Sep 17, 2007
On your Hermes go to settings>system>about>Device Id. Change the name to what your Active Sync id is. It should sync up with no problems...

but it was the same name
as it in the Active Sync

the page that i get is
44246118vo0.jpg

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Sorry, misread post.

1st thing, If you have Hard SPL v7 installed (hold power, OK button above flywheel and reset with stylus. Hold in until you get to tricolour screen. If you have Hard SPL V7 then the SPL will be 2.10 olipro) you can use the sd card method. This is my preference as there are no "sync errors", EVER... Also its harder to screw up the flash as the only way is to reset in the middle of a flash or have the battery die.
To get Hard SPL go to this thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=296722 . Post 1160 on page 116 tells how to use sd card to flash Hard SPL.

Once you have Hard SPL.....

1. Format an sd card fat32. Copy the .nbh file from the os you want onto the sd card and rename to "hermimg.nbh".
2. Put sd card into Hermes and reset into bootloader (how to find out what SPL you have as above). It should recognise the Flash file and tell you to push the power button to continue if you haven't messed up the first step.
3. Follow the instructions...

Please remember to backup your contacts first though with Pim backup or SPB backup or you will loose them... Before formatting the sd card make sure to backup this on your pc too... Also make sure you have good battery power.

Really easy, but take it slow and DON'T skip ahead and miss a step or you will end up with it either not working OR a brick.

Cheers...:D

l1234

Sep 17, 2007
10X for your help
i tried to do what you said

1. download hardspl v7 from the first post
2. extract ruu_signed.nbh and rename it to HERMIMG.nbh
3. copy it to a microsd card, make sure the card is formatted as fat32
4. download sspl-herm from here
5. extract SSPL-HERM.exe and copy it to your phone.
6. insert sd card and run sspl-herm.exe on the phone.
7. you should see the tri-color screen and then it should change to this
8. press power button to start flashing
9. reset when you get the msg that its done.

I didnt undrestand part 3 how can i know if the micro SD on my phone is formatted as fat32?and how to format it?

I copied the file HERMIMG.nbh to my micro SD and run the sspl.herm.exe
and i got the rri-color screen but it stuck on it and do nothing.
:confused:

skeeve666

Aug 4, 2005
10X for your help
i tried to do what you said

1. download hardspl v7 from the first post
2. extract ruu_signed.nbh and rename it to HERMIMG.nbh
3. copy it to a microsd card, make sure the card is formatted as fat32
4. download sspl-herm from here
5. extract SSPL-HERM.exe and copy it to your phone.
6. insert sd card and run sspl-herm.exe on the phone.
7. you should see the tri-color screen and then it should change to this
8. press power button to start flashing
9. reset when you get the msg that its done.

I didnt undrestand part 3 how can i know if the micro SD on my phone is formatted as fat32?and how to format it?

I copied the file HERMIMG.nbh to my micro SD and run the sspl.herm.exe
and i got the rri-color screen but it stuck on it and do nothing.
:confused:

you dont know how to format a card? its just like formating a hard drive.

put the microsd in your card reader
right click on the icon in "my computer" that is your sd card ***MAKE SURE ITS THE SD CARD AND NOT A HARD DRIVE******
select format
in the file system drop down select fat32
click start and wait for a finished message
copy over the rom image and sspl.herm.exe
place the card back in your phone
run sspl.herm.exe from your phone
then a white screen should show shortly after the tri-colour screen, press the power button to flash (as it says on the screen).

do not place anything else on the sd card also backup the card if you have anything on it.

l1234

Sep 17, 2007
you dont know how to format a card? its just like formating a hard drive.

put the microsd in your card reader
right click on the icon in "my computer" that is your sd card ***MAKE SURE ITS THE SD CARD AND NOT A HARD DRIVE******
select format
in the file system drop down select fat32
click start and wait for a finished message
copy over the rom image and sspl.herm.exe
place the card back in your phone
run sspl.herm.exe from your phone
then a white screen should show shortly after the tri-colour screen, press the power button to flash (as it says on the screen).

do not place anything else on the sd card also backup the card if you have anything on it.

ok great i did it
i try to update the rom HTC_HERMES_S64_WM_6[1].1_TouchFlo2D_UC_V3_WWE_02.10.2008
maybe there is more updating one?
now after i open the file RUUWrapper.exe
it choose for me
spl-2.02/2.10/2.30 new bootloader
and checked the is it hard spl
so when i start to upgrade on my phone there is a screen
Herming.nbh-
IPL-
bootloader

then i press the power button

and all above is OK
and get the
Update complete
update success

but on my pc i get an error
14848139jl6.jpg

what is wrong again?

Last edited:

RonEB

Aug 12, 2008
TyTn II Rom Upgrade issue

Hope someone can offer some advice...

I have a TyTn II phone I am trying to upgrade the ROM image to 6.1 Pro. Here are the details:

HTC TyTn II
IMEA: 35575701121357201
SN: HT739GB14803
Current ROM Image: 1.56.405.5
Date: 8/28/07
Radio: 1.27.12.11
Protocol 22.45.88.07W
P/N: 99HCY146-00
I downloaded what I thought was the right ROM image from the HTC website but:

The error I get is:

ERROR [294] : INVALID VENDER ID

This phone was purchased in Dubai so I downloaded the RUU file from the Middle East download site. The file I have is:

HTC TyTN II_RUU_Kaiser_HTC_WWE_3.28.405.0_radio_sign_25.83.40.02_1.65.17.56_Ship.exe

Any thoughts to help me find the right file and procedure for upgrading the ROM

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
RonEB, Wrog forum dude, you want the Kaiser forum. Thatswhat your phone is and you'll get more help there.

l1234, instead of using the pc, you can now use the sd method to flash your OS. I find it HEAPS easier and a hell of a lot safer too...
1. Copy the .nbh file of the os onto the sd card. (Didn't say format fat32 as you did already), rename to Hermimg.nbh.
2. Put sd card back into phone and reset to bootloader.
3. Follow the prompts.

This should work with no problems... I personally HATE using the pc as there are tons of things that can and do go wrong. Just make sure you have good battery charge left (minimum 50%.

l1234

Sep 17, 2007
RonEB, Wrog forum dude, you want the Kaiser forum. Thatswhat your phone is and you'll get more help there.

l1234, instead of using the pc, you can now use the sd method to flash your OS. I find it HEAPS easier and a hell of a lot safer too...
1. Copy the .nbh file of the os onto the sd card. (Didn't say format fat32 as you did already), rename to Hermimg.nbh.
2. Put sd card back into phone and reset to bootloader.
3. Follow the prompts.

This should work with no problems... I personally HATE using the pc as there are tons of things that can and do go wrong. Just make sure you have good battery charge left (minimum 50%.

thanx:) but what did u mean by reset to bootloader is to click on SSPL-HERM.exe in my phone? and what is "3. Follow the prompts."

all of that i did:
2. Put sd card back into phone
:eek:

skeeve666

Aug 4, 2005
press and hold the "okay" button on the left side of the phone then press and hold the power button then press the rest button on the botttom of the phone to enter boot loader mode.

the phone will pickup the rom on the sd card ad u just follow what it says on screen.

l1234

Sep 17, 2007
press and hold the "okay" button on the left side of the phone then press and hold the power button then press the rest button on the botttom of the phone to enter boot loader mode.

the phone will pickup the rom on the sd card ad u just follow what it says on screen.

i did it but i dont see any changes
in the settings>about
it still
windows mobile 6
ce os 5.1.195

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
You press and hold the ok button, power button and reset with stylus until you see the tri-colour screen (bootloader) flash up. It will then recognise the flash file. I believe you just reset the phone which will do nothing.

You DON'T need to use the SSPL.exe file now as you have Hard SPL. Its safer to use than SSPL.

If it works properly it should say "hit power button to start update". Hit power button. At the end it should say "update complete, reset phone", use stylus to soft reset phone. IE... 3. Follow the prompts...

l1234

Sep 17, 2007
You press and hold the ok button, power button and reset with stylus until you see the tri-colour screen (bootloader) flash up. It will then recognise the flash file. I believe you just reset the phone which will do nothing.

You DON'T need to use the SSPL.exe file now as you have Hard SPL. Its safer to use than SSPL.

If it works properly it should say "hit power button to start update". Hit power button. At the end it should say "update complete, reset phone", use stylus to soft reset phone. IE... 3. Follow the prompts...

i did what u wrote "press and hold the ok button, power button and reset with stylus until you see the tri-colour screen (bootloader) flash up. It will then recognise the flash file."
then it was
HERMING.nbh-
IPL-
BOOTLOADER-

press power button
to start update image

i pressed
than it was

HERMING.nbh-ok
IPL-ok
BOOTLOADER-ok

update complete
update success

===========
it didnt said
"update complete, reset phone"
but i did a soft reset with stylus
and it seems nothing changed

:(

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Either flash a different rom on then check again or check the list of apps against what you have on your Hermes now. It could be you already have updated the rom. Try PDACorner V18? (could be 25). On my Hermes it reads, in Settings>System>Device Information -

Rom Version: PC_Pro.V18
ROM Date: 07/30/08
Radio Version: 1.54.30.10
Protocal Version: 32.87.7020.20H

The important thing is it will change your ROM version so you can see if it has been changed.

l1234

Sep 17, 2007
Either flash a different rom on then check again or check the list of apps against what you have on your Hermes now. It could be you already have updated the rom. Try PDACorner V18? (could be 25). On my Hermes it reads, in Settings>System>Device Information -

Rom Version: PC_Pro.V18
ROM Date: 07/30/08
Radio Version: 1.54.30.10
Protocal Version: 32.87.7020.20H

The important thing is it will change your ROM version so you can see if it has been changed.

what is the PDACorner V18?
i look for the Device Info and it is:
Rom Ver. 3.22.110.1
Rom date 01/04/07
Radio Ver 1.16.00.00
protocol Ver 32.53.7018.01w

so it seems that it isnt update

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
The rom I use is PDACorner v18(?) or 25, can't remember which one.
If you change the rom to one of these you will see the difference straight away.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Personal choice, as all roms are.
If you did succeed with flashing SB64's rom then reflashing won't change anything. Using a different rom will. The ones I suggested will DEFINATELY change the rom name.
To find a rom you like, you will 1st have to decide what you want included. I can tell you what I use BUT it may not be what you require. There are NO wrong ROMs, just personal choices. Look in the WM06 section of te forum, there are always a heap of cooked roms there.
Do some reading, they are always described pretty well by the chefs as to what they include. I like SB64's roms but find that, because I have 3rd party apps I like, they are a little "stuffed" with apps I don't use or like , leaving no room for the stuff I want.

l1234

Sep 17, 2007
Personal choice, as all roms are.
If you did succeed with flashing SB64's rom then reflashing won't change anything. Using a different rom will. The ones I suggested will DEFINATELY change the rom name.
To find a rom you like, you will 1st have to decide what you want included. I can tell you what I use BUT it may not be what you require. There are NO wrong ROMs, just personal choices. Look in the WM06 section of te forum, there are always a heap of cooked roms there.
Do some reading, they are always described pretty well by the chefs as to what they include. I like SB64's roms but find that, because I have 3rd party apps I like, they are a little "stuffed" with apps I don't use or like , leaving no room for the stuff I want.

GOOOD IT WORKSSSS:) THANK U ALL i upgrade to PDACorner v 25
i will try to upgrade to SB64