[DEV][ROM][4.2.2][Unofficial] Vanilla RootBox - 2/23/2013

Search This thread

kick buttowski

Sep 2, 2012
Re: [DEV][ROM][4.2.1][Unofficial] Vanilla RootBox - 1/24/2013

I immediately replaced the gps.conf when I installed this ROM with my own hand-crafted one (I do this with every ROM I install) and the lock is almost instant. You should look around xda and replace it with one tailored for your particular country/region, then it'll be just fine :)

I just copied the one from dmans pac rom and still it takes ages to lock, seems to me that dman did something to his builds that are missing here

Sent from my SGH-i927 using xda app-developers app

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
out of all of these roms what would be the top three roms to look at once finished, CM 10.1, AOKP 4.2.1, Liquid smooth 4.2.1 or Vanilla root 4.2.1. I wanted to know what the differences are between these four roms, i could not find any info googling an so that's why i am asking about all of this. if someone can give me an idea about each that would be great.

thegreatergood

Sep 14, 2012
out of all of these roms what would be the top three roms to look at once finished, CM 10.1, AOKP 4.2.1, Liquid smooth 4.2.1 or Vanilla root 4.2.1. I wanted to know what the differences are between these four roms, i could not find any info googling an so that's why i am asking about all of this. if someone can give me an idea about each that would be great.

Rootbox - Most Feature Packed
Liquid Smooth - Most Optimized and Lite
CM10.1 - Most Stable, Technically because its closest to stock Android
AOKP - Has a few more features than CM10.1

SillyB

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
IMEI Trouble

After I had just gotten this ROM almost all set up the way I like it I ran into service troubles and the IMEI came up as unknown. I thought all the installing and uninstalling of apps (especially wi-fi hotspot stuff that was for ICS and FCing) must have hosed my EFS as I posted here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2019540&page=2

After recovering my EFS I re-flashed back to this ROM and started setting up my apps. During install and config I popped an unknown IMEI again. I tried rebooting, pulling the battery, airplane mode on/off and the IMEI was still unknown. I hit the factory data reset just on a whim, and when the phone came back up the IMEI was ok again!

I ran an EFS backup, and a CWM backup and started installing everything again. Same as before, when I had the majority of my stuff installed the IMEI came up unknown. I now figure that the EFS must not actually have been corrupted (so I went through all that backup, change and fix IMEI crap for three days just to prove it can be done on our phones!) I rebooted into CWM and deleted dalvik cache and on reboot the IMEI is back! This happened one more time while transferring things and fine tuning settings. After a reboot it came up unknown, I wiped dalvik and reset permissions and it came back to life. It happened again, and trying the wipe didn't work. Factory data reset worked, then ran a CWM restore.

I have never had problems with this phone before, and have only been running custom ROMs for a long time. I wonder if there is a bug that is causing the OS to be unable to read the IMEI even though it's not actually corrupted? Maybe this is just isolated to me?

jbstanford

Jan 10, 2008
Salt Lake City
updated ... tons of new features ... lockscreen icons, swipe apps, xposed framework now works so you can set the dpi for each individual app

I saw it popping up on Goo.im and just downloaded it - it works much better! After first install it crashed when I opened keyboard, but after 3rd reboot everything has been running great. Seems MUCH faster. I did have to re-flash gapps as well, didn't show any google accounts listed when I rebooted the first time.

Remember to wipe cache/dalvik :)

Thanks a ton!

eFFeRaTuM

Oct 22, 2006
hi.
just flashed! great rom!
where can i find trebuchet settings?

ps: built in bln doesn't work.it works in aokp rom instead.

Last edited:

yohan4ws

Oct 23, 2012
Calgary
I installed this rom, works great... after replacing my sms w/ SMS backup and Restore - however - when I opened messaging it would sit at "loading message" clearing data for sms in titanium backup seemed to fix it.

Otherwise, super slick. I only played with it for a bit before backing it up and swapping back to pacman ... I'm happy to see the camera and keyboard are fully fixed!!

One gripe - the stock browser. Really not too smooth, didn't pickup my bookmarks .... I'm used to the one in PacMAN where it has the Favorites icon to the top right of the tabs so I hit it, and it shows all my google saved (chrome) bookmarks and a preview of the pages. Really handy feature vs. having to add a button press to get to my common sites....

Am I missing something or is this a PA rom only browser ?

kick buttowski

Sep 2, 2012
Re: [DEV][ROM][4.2.1][Unofficial] Vanilla RootBox - 2/12/2013

One gripe - the stock browser. Really not too smooth, didn't pickup my bookmarks .... I'm used to the one in PacMAN where it has the Favorites icon to the top right of the tabs so I hit it, and it shows all my google saved (chrome) bookmarks and a preview of the pages. Really handy feature vs. having to add a button press to get to my common sites....

Am I missing something or is this a PA rom only browser ?

Its the same browser, you just have to juse the exposed framework to make it look like in pacrom

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda app-developers app

kick buttowski

Sep 2, 2012

Theres a per app module in settings wich is an xposed plugin. You need to use that to set 160dpi and the biggest screen possible for the stock browser and it will look the same as in pacrom. Pacrom does the same but thanks to paranoidandroid settings

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda app-developers app

jevan24

Sep 1, 2012
Clarksville, AR

Just updated to the newest root box and it is simply amazing! Great job! :thumbup: thanks to thegreatergood and dman for making all this happen.

amppcguru

Sep 11, 2012
Stowe, VT
Amazon Fire TV
Moto G4 Plus

uploadfromtaptalk1360883035546.jpg

Sent from my Rooted Samsung SGH-i927 Captivate Glide running @ndroid JB 4.2.1 Rootbox& LiteKernel 2013-02-13 & CWM 6.0.1.2 using xda-dev app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RootBoxLogo_2.png

Vanilla RootBox - JB - Android 4.2.2

picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

Description

This ROM is built from source and is not only a modified ZIP file with bloated apps.
    Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps.
    This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP features, Paranoid Features and CM cherry-picks.

Downloads
    Rootbox-4.2.2
    Gapps

Working
    - Keyboard Lights (Patch
    - Keyboard Keys
    - Keyboard Rotation
    - Service, Data
    - Calls
    - Autorotation
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - Camera
    - Audio
    - Storage
    - BLN
    - Moving Apps to SD
    - Voice Dialer
    - Google Now
    - Virtual Keyboard (no slide yet though)
    - OTA updates via goomanager :)
    - Bluetooth A2DP

Issues so far
    - Skype, Magic Jack, Stock Sound Recorder audio issues
    - No Audio In Recorded Videos
    - Bluetooth HSP (Headset Profile, Static in Audio in Bluetooth Calls)
    - Tethering ?

Credit
    DMAN
    RootBox TEAM
    I haven't forgotten y'all.. I'm still getting set back up. My PC is being a bi#$%..lol

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
    update .... alot of changes in synced code

Rootbox - Most Feature Packed
    Liquid Smooth - Most Optimized and Lite
    CM10.1 - Most Stable, Technically because its closest to stock Android
    AOKP - Has a few more features than CM10.1
    Updated....

updated to latest kernel to fix issues ....

updated to Android 4.2.2

fixed Bluetooth headset to now works partially ... but has to much static to be usable ...