[Q] Liquid smooth boot loop

Search This thread

GarnerArms

Aug 10, 2014
So I am a complete noob to this whole rooting, s-off, custom rom experience. So far I have managed to unlock my boot loader and gain s-off thanks to all the awesome peeps on this forum. I tried installing Liquid smooth and I got stuck in what I assume was a boot loop. It would boot and simply just reshow the boot animation. Managed to get into recovery and flash back to a backup I made. What would cause this to happen to me? My Htc is currently on android version 4.4.2 with a software number of 1.55.605.2. Do I need to somehow get my android version up to 4.4.4 in order to use Liquid smooth (or any rom for that matter). Or is there something else that I may have done wrong? Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
So I am a complete noob to this whole rooting, s-off, custom rom experience. So far I have managed to unlock my boot loader and gain s-off thanks to all the awesome peeps on this forum. I tried installing Liquid smooth and I got stuck in what I assume was a boot loop. It would boot and simply just reshow the boot animation. Managed to get into recovery and flash back to a backup I made. What would cause this to happen to me? My Htc is currently on android version 4.4.2 with a software number of 1.55.605.2. Do I need to somehow get my android version up to 4.4.4 in order to use Liquid smooth (or any rom for that matter). Or is there something else that I may have done wrong? Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

This has occasionally happened to me with some ROM's and well the issue could depend on a lot of things, the most simplest solution that works a lot of the time is to clear your cache & dalvik cache and reboot.

Also by "reshow the boot animation" do you mean it just endlessly loads the boot animation or it shows the old one? Did you wipe your /data partition when you installed the ROM or did it automatically do it for you? If not and the cache wiping didn't solve your problem you could always attempt doing that and then freshly installing it again and re-trying. If by any chance neither of these worked for you then could you please provide a bit more detail as to what you do when you're flashing the ROM? If you've managed to solve you problem then you don't need to bother with providing any further information.

Edit: I went to the thread and read a bit more on it just to insure I wasn't instructing you to do the wrong thing and I noticed it has a GAPPS package to flash, did you follow all of the instructions correctly e.g full wipe, flash gapps, reboot and waited at least 5 minutes (max usual = 10 minutes)?

Last edited:

GarnerArms

Aug 10, 2014
This has occasionally happened to me with some ROM's and well the issue could depend on a lot of things, the most simplest solution that works a lot of the time is to clear your cache & dalvik cache and reboot.

Also by "reshow the boot animation" do you mean it just endlessly loads the boot animation or it shows the old one? Did you wipe your /data partition when you installed the ROM or did it automatically do it for you? If not and the cache wiping didn't solve your problem you could always attempt doing that and then freshly installing it again and re-trying. If by any chance neither of these worked for you then could you please provide a bit more detail as to what you do when you're flashing the ROM? If you've managed to solve you problem then you don't need to bother with providing any further information.

Edit: I went to the thread and read a bit more on it just to insure I wasn't instructing you to do the wrong thing and I noticed it has a GAPPS package to flash, did you follow all of the instructions correctly e.g full wipe, flash gapps, reboot and waited at least 5 minutes (max usual = 10 minutes)?

Yeah it would show the Liquid Smooth boot animation then the name Liquid Smooth, then it would just continuously blink the name Liquid Smooth. Sometimes it would go completely black, vibrate, then reboot to the Htc screen and then to the Liquid Smooth animation. Not sure if that is helpful. I would like to try again though. I did do a factory wipe through twrp before I tried installing them. I didn't do the GApps that way, I just simply included it with the Liquid Smooth zip and flashed them both at the same time. I read through the thread and didn't see that is how to properly do it. Thanks. So just to reiterate, do a full wipe, flash GApps, reboot and wait for 5 minutes, then enter back into twrp and then flash Liquid smooth?

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
Yeah it would show the Liquid Smooth boot animation then the name Liquid Smooth, then it would just continuously blink the name Liquid Smooth. Sometimes it would go completely black, vibrate, then reboot to the Htc screen and then to the Liquid Smooth animation. Not sure if that is helpful. I would like to try again though. I did do a factory wipe through twrp before I tried installing them. I didn't do the GApps that way, I just simply included it with the Liquid Smooth zip and flashed them both at the same time. I read through the thread and didn't see that is how to properly do it. Thanks. So just to reiterate, do a full wipe, flash GApps, reboot and wait for 5 minutes, then enter back into twrp and then flash Liquid smooth?

No no sorry if I confused you or said that wrong, wipe, flash Liquid Smooth & flash the GApps (Same way as before will work as long as its after the ROM) then wipe your cache/dalvik cache(best do this before and after flashing) and attempt booting into it.

Tell me the results of this once you've tried it.

Reactions: GarnerArms

GarnerArms

Aug 10, 2014
Another question is why does a Rom like Liquid Smooth require GApps to be flashed but another Rom like SinLess doesn't. Is it because one is a aosp? Also when they show the Rom version 4.4.X does that mean it will work with 4.4.2 as well as 4.4.4? Sorry for the basic questions, I try searches but a lot of times come up with nothing.

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
Another question is why does a Rom like Liquid Smooth require GApps to be flashed but another Rom like SinLess doesn't. Is it because one is a aosp? Also when they show the Rom version 4.4.X does that mean it will work with 4.4.2 as well as 4.4.4? Sorry for the basic questions, I try searches but a lot of times come up with nothing.

Some ROM's simply require it and others don't. On the ROM versions, whatever version the ROM you are flashing is based off of is the ROM version. So if Liquid Smooth is 4.4.4 then that means it is based off of the 4.4.4 update for either another edition of the device (Sometimes since Verizon doesn't release anything timely) or YOUR version (Verizon in this case) of the device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No no sorry if I confused you or said that wrong, wipe, flash Liquid Smooth & flash the GApps (Same way as before will work as long as its after the ROM) then wipe your cache/dalvik cache(best do this before and after flashing) and attempt booting into it.

Tell me the results of this once you've tried it.