LEGO adjustable mobile stand

Search This thread

bad pixel

Mar 17, 2011
Hey all,

I've been gathering valuable information from the forums even before i signed up as a member and the amount and the quality of helpful information here is amazing.
I never had any info to give back to the community in the subjects that i was reading up on, so when i created this i figured i should share it here.

Its an adjustable mobile stand made from LEGO parts. It can cradle a big number of slate phones, in landscape and in portrait without modifications, although with small modifications it can cradle pretty much every phone out there.
It was originally made to cradle my N1 for some Wiimote emulator action but anybody can use it in their own way.

Here is a video of it in action and a link for build instructions over at instructables http://www.instructables.com/id/Retro-gamer-adjustable-mobile-stand/

Dirk

May 11, 2009
I love it! Seeing those retro style pieces really takes me back :)

Robson

Jul 22, 2003
Melbourne
love these threads featuring custome made holders. and the lego bricks reminds me of the "technical" sets i used to have. well done mate

bad pixel

Mar 17, 2011
thnx all!
yeah its primarily built from LEGO Technic parts.

i had a blast taking out my LEGO, it had been a while :p

bad pixel

Mar 17, 2011
Sweet... that is nerd-tastic!

makes me want to crack out my old technix sets.... just need the lego motor kit :p

if you are referring to the yellow gear assembly part, i have made instructions on how to build that with regular bricks!

if you're talking about motorizing this that would be awesome :p
i didn't find my LEGO motor. i would so make a mod with the motor just for kicks. not very portable but it would be very cool!

oRphu7_9

Sep 10, 2010
Hi,

awesome work, but please could you post the instructions here? I have no facebook account and couldn't open them over at instructables.

Thanks!

zewl23

Dec 5, 2008
Prague
coresolution.eu
Hi,

this is by me pretty awesome, I cant stop laught, you know it is not funny, but I really like it, such a shame that I dont have any Lego parts know :-(

Thank you for sharing ;-)

Stu_Gotti

Aug 25, 2010
Maryland
Your work is phenomenal, I love that idea!

See you can buy individually from Lego... sweet!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

I've been gathering valuable information from the forums even before i signed up as a member and the amount and the quality of helpful information here is amazing.
    I never had any info to give back to the community in the subjects that i was reading up on, so when i created this i figured i should share it here.

Its an adjustable mobile stand made from LEGO parts. It can cradle a big number of slate phones, in landscape and in portrait without modifications, although with small modifications it can cradle pretty much every phone out there.
    It was originally made to cradle my N1 for some Wiimote emulator action but anybody can use it in their own way.

Here is a video of it in action and a link for build instructions over at instructables http://www.instructables.com/id/Retro-gamer-adjustable-mobile-stand/