$99.99 7 inch Polaroid tablet ICS

Search This thread

PlatinumPenguin

Mar 18, 2012
Houston
Saw this at my local big lots its a 7 inch android tablet running ICS by Polaroid. Did not really get to see all the specs but it did say 1gighz processor. I may pick one up tomorrow. I looked online and saw some for 79.99 on eBay and a few for $149 uploadfromtaptalk1335224691524.jpg

Sent from my toaster using XDA

silversonic1

Apr 26, 2008
Grove, OK
The ad I got in the Sunday paper said 1GB ddr3 ram, 4GB internal storage, micro sd expansion, and built-in wi-fi. Multi-touch, yes. Camera, no mention.
Specs according to their website:
Product Features:

7" Capacitive, multi-touch display
Connect to the internet wirelessly (Wi-Fi)
Web browsing & e-mail
Watch videos
Wirelessly download apps and eBooks
Supports games
Store and play music, videos and pictures
Built-in speaker
4GB internal memory
Micro SD card slot (for additional memory)
Video out jack
Rechargeable Li-ion battery

Specifications:

Operating System: Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Processor: 1GHz ARM Cortex A8
Graphics Accelerator: OpenGL ES 2.0 (3D game support)
Screen Resolution 800 x 480 (16:9)
Internal Memory: 4GB
External Memory: Micro SD
Networking: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Battery: Rechargeable Li-ion Polymer

Sad part is it's only available in stores.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlatinumPenguin

PlatinumPenguin

Mar 18, 2012
Houston
I am very tempted but I am trying to save as much money as possible. Carless at the moment so I need a new one.... but still very tempted. It is crazy to see all these new deals on tablets recently. We rarely see a new mobile device for under $300.

Sent from my EVO4g using XDA

mbh87

Jun 16, 2010
Idaho
Cheap tablets like this pop up all the time. The only thing it has going for it is that its running ICS

richdaley

Jun 3, 2010
Did anyone buy one of these? I am tempted for my 11 year old. She loves Netflix (we only have one tv set and we don't let the kids use it much) and I saw a review that said the app works. She is currently using the non-activated cricket zte score I picked up for $30 a few weeks ago.

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
Did anyone buy one of these? I am tempted for my 11 year old. She loves Netflix (we only have one tv set and we don't let the kids use it much) and I saw a review that said the app works. She is currently using the non-activated cricket zte score I picked up for $30 a few weeks ago.

This tablet will be a lot better than the ZTE Score as far as hardware goes. The ZTE Score is only ARMv6/ARM11 which means no flash and limits gaming performance. Some apps like Temple Run only work decently on ARMv7.

The Cortex A8 isn't the latest generation, A9 is out, but at least the A8 can handle ARMv7 instructions. This tablet should handle games a lot better than the ZTE Score.

TooSlo

Feb 20, 2009
Seattle, WA
I wonder if you could get something like this to pull apps from the Android Market. It's right in the price-range of what I'd like to spend on a tablet right now for when I go in for chemo and am stuck in a bed for a while.

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
I wish I could pick this up online for purchase somewhere. For 99 bucks and already pre-rooted you can't go wrong.

TooSlo

Feb 20, 2009
Seattle, WA
Yes it has market

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

Sounds like I'm going to head to the local store and try to find one of these guys. Would be fantastic for reading and especially for my daughter.

Cheers mate

Tried to stop by one local store before they closed tonight at 9pm, and they didn't have any available. They were nice enough to call some other local stores to see if they have them available. Looks like there's a BL about 45 minutes away, but I'm not sure I want to make the trip that far while I'm dealing with chemo treatment and having just had gallbladder removal surgery.

I'll keep people updated, it seems there are a few sites with some information on the devices, but I'm still waffling since it's only a 480x800 resolution.

Last edited:

PlatinumPenguin

Mar 18, 2012
Houston
Lack of camera and the resolution is what is killing it for me. I almost went up there to buy it but then I remembered how much of an impulse buyer I am. I waited a little while then decided not to get it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The ad I got in the Sunday paper said 1GB ddr3 ram, 4GB internal storage, micro sd expansion, and built-in wi-fi. Multi-touch, yes. Camera, no mention.
    Specs according to their website:
    Product Features:

7" Capacitive, multi-touch display
    Connect to the internet wirelessly (Wi-Fi)
    Web browsing & e-mail
    Watch videos
    Wirelessly download apps and eBooks
    Supports games
    Store and play music, videos and pictures
    Built-in speaker
    4GB internal memory
    Micro SD card slot (for additional memory)
    Video out jack
    Rechargeable Li-ion battery

Specifications:

Operating System: Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
    Processor: 1GHz ARM Cortex A8
    Graphics Accelerator: OpenGL ES 2.0 (3D game support)
    Screen Resolution 800 x 480 (16:9)
    Internal Memory: 4GB
    External Memory: Micro SD
    Networking: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
    Battery: Rechargeable Li-ion Polymer

Sad part is it's only available in stores.
    I wonder if you could get something like this to pull apps from the Android Market. It's right in the price-range of what I'd like to spend on a tablet right now for when I go in for chemo and am stuck in a bed for a while.

Yes it has market

Sent from my MB860 using XDA