[FINISHED] Camera LED Flash w/incoming call/sms

Search This thread

apristel

Feb 25, 2009
Green Bay
www.arizzle.com
App is out there on the market now thanks to rdude.

Here is his post (post #35 from this thread)

The .apk is on post #35 but yall should go buy it off the market and show some support.

Alright, here we go. This app will flash your LED when you receive a phone call or when you get a new text message. Unfortunately it can't do it when you get new emails since there is no standard system notification for email among the many email apps (Email, Gmail, K9, etc.).

Here's a screenshot of the app, Flashlight Alerts:

9Cj9J.png

The APK is attached and it is also available in the Market for $2.99 if you'd like to donate:

img.php

It was actually a real pain to put together since there is no standard flashlight API prior to Froyo, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Let me know if you run into any issues!

PS: I would appreciate it if somebody could check if this thing is actually in the Market on their EVO. It's showing up there on my Nexus One but not on my EVO. Hmm... Fixed this. Stupid bug in the Market makes it so that if you mark your app as requiring a camera with flash, it doesn't show up for EVO.

Last edited:

jaypeezee

Aug 16, 2008
I slapp some bassssse (Jamaican accent) too, but I just keep my screen face up so I can see when someone is calling ?

Although, the LED flash would be pretty cool considering I use a seidio case/holster combo -

apristel

Feb 25, 2009
Green Bay
www.arizzle.com
Re: [APP REQUEST] Camera LED Flash w/incoming call/sms

Once you have this feature on a phone ..its the best. It works excellent. I really hope someone can hook this up!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Kshawn

May 21, 2010
TX
I would think this would be a bad idea for the same reason all those *led* flash light apps warn you not to over use for fear of burning out...If you get a much of notifications that would mean constant use.

jabbawalkee

Dec 22, 2008
Chevy Chase, MD
twitter.com
Looking for someone to make an app that will flash the camera LED when the phone rings or gets a SMS.

I used to have this on my old Motorola V6 MAXX by editing a file that made the notification LED flash when you got a call or whatever. It was the best for at the bar or somewhere loud...like in the car when you are cranking the tunes!

I'd be willing to throw $5.00 ( i know, its nothing ) to someone who can do this, maybe there will be others.

MODS - If this request is in the wrong location, please move it accordingly. Much thanks.

I'd be very interested in this (or an app that makes the front LEDs flash different colors, if possible). In fact, I'll raise the bounty up to $25 to the dev who creates such an app/tweak :). I'd love to have it, it would just be fun

nenn

Apr 28, 2010
New York City
I would think this would be a bad idea for the same reason all those *led* flash light apps warn you not to over use for fear of burning out...If you get a much of notifications that would mean constant use.

typical life span of a led is 25,000 hours, and that just means it loses about 50% of its lumens output.

i highly doubt they'll burn out.

thats 2.85 years of being on.

Reactions: Mikekelso421

driguez

Oct 8, 2007
O-Town

As many notifications I get, I worry about batt life, as sketchy as it is

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

apristel

Feb 25, 2009
Green Bay
www.arizzle.com
Would love this, just sounds like a really cool idea!

Thanks. It is great.

To all the haters ( battery life, led life, blinking one we have, BLA BLA BLA ) I don't care. I'm the one requesting this app. I'm not requesting why you don't want it/ like it/ think its a good idea/ etc... go troll somewhere else. I heard Disney.com is nice this time if year.

/rant /your stupid posts.

rdude

Oct 24, 2006
Seattle
twitter.com

Once you have this feature on a phone ..its the best. It works excellent. I really hope someone can hook this up!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Sounds like a really cool idea. I know that strobing the LED is possible. I'll try throwing this app together tonight.

driguez

Oct 8, 2007
O-Town

Would love this, just sounds like a really cool idea!

Thanks. It is great.

To all the haters ( battery life, led life, blinking one we have, BLA BLA BLA ) I don't care. I'm the one requesting this app. I'm not requesting why you don't want it/ like it/ think its a good idea/ etc... go troll somewhere else. I heard Disney.com is nice this time if year.

/rant /your stupid posts.

You sound like a 13 yr old throwing a fit. Me me me me me, dude you opened this thread for people to post their opinions, as with everything else in life, some people will agree some won't, expect and respect peoples opinions. Personally I wouldn't use it, but others will so hopefully someone will make this app.

rdude

Oct 24, 2006
Seattle
twitter.com

Heh heh heh, let's all stay civil now...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED VERSION NOW AVAILABLE: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=14961111

Alright, here we go. This app will flash your LED when you receive a phone call or when you get a new text message. Unfortunately it can't do it when you get new emails since there is no standard system notification for email among the many email apps (Email, Gmail, K9, etc.).

Here's a screenshot of the app, Flashlight Alerts:

9Cj9J.png

The APK is attached and it is also available in the Market for $2.99 if you'd like to donate:

img.php

It was actually a real pain to put together since there is no standard flashlight API prior to Froyo, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Let me know if you run into any issues!

PS: I would appreciate it if somebody could check if this thing is actually in the Market on their EVO. It's showing up there on my Nexus One but not on my EVO. Hmm... Fixed this. Stupid bug in the Market makes it so that if you mark your app as requiring a camera with flash, it doesn't show up for EVO.

Compatability Notes: This version will work with the EVO, Desire, and Droid. If you have a Froyo phone (Nexus One) you should be able to use the Froyo version (in the Market or later in this thread, post #65).

typical life span of a led is 25,000 hours, and that just means it loses about 50% of its lumens output.

i highly doubt they'll burn out.

thats 2.85 years of being on.
    Are the led notifications on the front facing camera not bright enough for you or something?
    Just installed the froyo version in post 65 and it works perfectly on my evo with virus rom gingersense. Apristel thanks for requesting and rdude for developing!