[Q] How to make dual boot on windows 8.1 ?

Search This thread

Deopolos14

Jun 21, 2013
Ankara
Can Anyone help me ? İ need dualboot on windows 8.1 but i dont know about it

e-tab4 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London

Depends what you are dual booting

If you are dual booting mac mavericks you need your usb stick with mac with the mbr boot partition on with a modded mac_kernel
then you can do a clover install or a chamellion install
chamellion is easier but clover will give you more compatibility
if using clover you need to create a boot partition for it
install mac from usb
if any kernel panics you may have to remove certain kexts like the nvidia or ati kexts
once booted you need to install bootloader of your choice so it can boot without usb stick
then if using chamellion you need to set bios to legacy to boot mac

That is very basic instructions though - google for much more detail

For ubuntu
Iv not installed ubunu but I assume you would just put it on a usb stick or a dvd
Once you have split your harddrive into different partitions so you have blank formatted fat32 partition or a second harddrive formatted in fat32 (you will reformat later anyway during the install into hfs most likely) you will need to set the bios to legacy mode to boot the usb/cd
You will find legacy mode in the bios under boot options - It is most likely set the UEFI at the moment (to enter bios on windows 8.1 its either F2 or something like that on startup once booted goto settings - change pc settings - update and recovery - recovery - advanced startup - restart pc now - then once restarted select UEFI Firmware bios
Install ubuntu

To switch between windows and ubuntu just enter the bios and change the boot from legacy to UEFI

Again im sure there are much more detailed instructions on google - the main thing is that you will need to switch between legacy and UEFI boot in the bios

Last edited:

Deopolos14

Jun 21, 2013
Ankara

If you are dual booting mac mavericks you need your usb stick with mac with the mbr boot partition on with a modded mac_kernel
install mac from usb
if any kernel panics you may have to remove certain kexts like the nvidia or ati kexts
once booted you need to install bootloader of your choice so it can boot without usb stick

For ubuntu
Iv not installed ubunu but I assume you would just put it on a usb stick or a dvd
Once you have split your harddrive into different partitions so you have blank formatted fat32 partition or a second harddrive formatted in fat32 (you will reformat later anyway during the install into hfs most likely) you will need to set the bios to legacy mode to boot the usb/cd
You will find legacy mode in the bios under boot options - It is most likely set the UEFI at the moment (to enter bios on windows 8.1 its either F2 or something like that on startup once booted goto settings - change pc settings - update and recovery - recovery - advanced startup - restart pc now - then once restarted select UEFI Firmware bios
Install ubuntu

To switch between windows and ubuntu just enter the bios and change the boot from legacy to UEFI

Again im sure there are much more detailed instructions on google - the main thing is that you will need to switch between legacy and UEFI boot in the bios

Thanks for your big help you are very good developer

TechBurner

Jul 11, 2012
Delhi
techburner.in

install mac from usb

For ubuntu
Install ubuntu

You sure deserve to be a recognised contributer!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

install mac from usb

For ubuntu
    Install ubuntu