[BOOTANIMATION] LG G Watch Bootanimation for Nexus 5

Search This thread

dankoman

Oct 13, 2008
Philly
This is the leaked bootanimation from LG's G Watch, ripped from the youtube video the leaked system dump and ported over to the Nexus 5. Attached are two files. bootanimation.zip is just the bootanimation, if you want to push it to /system/media yourself. The other file is flashable in recovery. Please note this flashable zip overwrites the bootanimation.zip located in /system/media. Make a backup first if you wish.

Preview:
Mu5426T.gif

Enjoy!

edit: NO MORE FUZZINESS! updated to newer version ripped from system dump.

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,096
  • LG_watch_bootanim_flashable_N5_v3.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,512
Last edited:

Tylog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 4, 2013
Thank you, looks great, use it on my second ROM 4.4.3 stock now.

Edit: looks like doesn't work correct with 4.4.3 , shows only android font. Test it now with Slim:)

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms

Last edited:
Reactions: dankoman

dankoman

Oct 13, 2008
Philly
stock 4.4.3, works fine.
high res coming soon?

Well I ripped it from the YouTube video of the leak, so that's as high res as it's gonna get until the G watch actually comes out and someone can rip the official boot animation from it.

As soon as that happens, feel free to let me know, and I'd be happy to make a higher res version.

Last edited:

turdbogls

Well I ripped it from the YouTube video of the leak, so that's as high res as it's gonna get until the G watch actually comes out and someone can rip the official boot animation from it.

As soon as that happens, feel free to let me know, and I'd be happy to make a higher res version.

even then, the resolution of that watch isn't going to be anywhere NEAR as high as our 1080P displays....so its still going to be fuzzy.

someone with time and knowledge should just redo the animation in full 1080P. that person is not me....any takers ;P

very cool animation though.

dankoman

Oct 13, 2008
Philly
even then, the resolution of that watch isn't going to be anywhere NEAR as high as our 1080P displays....so its still going to be fuzzy.

someone with time and knowledge should just redo the animation in full 1080P. that person is not me....any takers ;P

higher res version is up right now. just updated the op with new download links.

Last edited:

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
no, that's not entirely true. in many boot animations, smaller images than what you see are actually used for the frames. the resolution to be displayed resides in desc.txt within the boot animation, and the frames are scaled there. with the official boot animation, as long as the frames have a reasonable density and color depth, the distortion shouldn't be too noticeable when scaled from its native 280x280 (g watch's resolution) to 1080x1080.

the reason it looks like crap here is because i had to rip it from youtube. youtube video files use image compression similar to what you'd see in a JPG. bootanimations don't use jpgs, they use pngs, which use much better compression algorithms. the distortion takes place when the original bootanimation is converted into a video file (which most likely then undergoes even further compression by youtube).

for proof of this concept, just look at the youtube video i ripped it from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yks-GuClSJ8. this was the highest quality i was able to find. look at it up close - it's distorted pretty badly even in the video.

like i said, when the official boot animation becomes available, i'll definitely port it over so we can have a better quality boot animation :D

FWIW, the leaked system dump has the boot animation in /system/media:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...-of-bootloader-animation-shows-up-on-youtube/

Reactions: dankoman

dankoman

Oct 13, 2008
Philly

check the OP again - just updated to newer, higher quality version made from system dump.

turdbogls

check the OP again - just updated to newer, higher quality version made from system dump.

What size are the images from the system dump? wondering if I somehow got the old one.
I just downloaded the bootanimation.zip from the OP, and the images are still 280x280 which, as I said earlier, results in a fuzzy image. It looks better than I imagined it would, but still not nearly has nice as some of the other native 1080P animations I have on my phone.

respider

Sep 18, 2008
Sao Paulo
What size are the images from the system dump? wondering if I somehow got the old one.
I just downloaded the bootanimation.zip from the OP, and the images are still 280x280 which, as I said earlier, results in a fuzzy image. It looks better than I imagined it would, but still not nearly has nice as some of the other native 1080P animations I have on my phone.

same here
image in boot seems very "pixalated"

PS: 4.4.3 stock xposed working, thanks OP!

Tylog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 4, 2013
Yes, it's really nice,i like it :)

Tapatalk Team SlimRoms

Top Liked Posts