Are TWRP 2.7.1.0 backups successfully restoring for you on NE5?

Search This thread

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
For me when I try to restore a backup I just get a million force closes and have to flash the ROM again to get it to go away.

Last edited:

GoldenHind

May 10, 2014
Seattle
No issues so far here, though maybe different situation?

For me when I try to restore a backup I just get a million force closes and have to flash the ROM again to get it to go away. On Mystery ROM v1.1.

I've yet to have any issues, force close or otherwise,using that same TWRP 2.7.1.0 for backup and recovery operations, though I'm not sure how helpful that information is for your issue given that I've only ever restored basically different versions of the R.D.D.T v1.0 and 1.1 ROMs, albeit numerous different times, at this point.
Incidentally, over the past week or so I've also been giving -75 all around for voltage a try without any apparent instability from that either (knock on wood) so that's been fairly cool to see our phone can hopefully manage as well, at least as far as I've been able to tell so far.

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: R.D.D.T v1.1 - VPU1AND2
Kernel: The Governaa_NCB_v1.0@ #1
Baseband version: G900PVPU1AND2

Last edited:

crawrj

Nov 2, 2007
I did a stock restore after going to NE5. No issues with that.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

euklid

Mar 23, 2007
Miami,FL
For me when I try to restore a backup I just get a million force closes and have to flash the ROM again to get it to go away. On Mystery ROM v1.1.

I'm also having the same issue with TWRP 2.7.1 after I upgraded to NE5..before on ND2 I could restore just fine, maybe we need to try reflashing twrp?? I will try it in a bit.

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
I doubt that will do anything but you can try. Gonna stick with Philz for now until that major problem gets sorted out with TWRP.

GoldenHind

May 10, 2014
Seattle
I doubt that will do anything but you can try. Gonna stick with Philz for now until that major problem gets sorted out with TWRP.

Just curious, on the average, about how much space does a complete backup take using philz, because with the compressed option on with twrp it seems to take about 2.5 GB for me, as opposed to a little over 4 "uncompressed" and hasn't appeared to having any effect on the viability of the recovery when I've used it. That includes backing up everything but the cache, I believe.

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: R.D.D.T v1.1 - VPU1AND2
Kernel: The Governaa_NCB_v1.0@ #1
Baseband version: G900PVPU1AND2