[ODIN][TAR] I545VRUFNC5 Factory and No-Wipe Odin tars

Search This thread

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
hello everyone!can somebody tell me please this is 4.4.2 update (I am on 4.3 mk2) ? If I will update to 4.4.2, and something will going bad... I will able to go back to 4.3 after?

yes, this is 4.4.2
you won't be able to go back to 4.3.
you should be able to run custom ROMs on your bootloader if you want to but there's not a huge difference as far as i can tell in the capability of the mk2 bl vs nc5

Reactions: sashaphily

sashaphily

Dec 29, 2013
Phily
yes, this is 4.4.2
you should be able to run custom ROMs on your bootloader if you want to but there's not a huge difference as far as i can tell in the capability of the mk2 bl vs nc5[/QUOTE

I ask because I try HyperDrive Rls 21 and have Gallery issue....before I flash new ROM I always do full wipe...so I was on verizon 4.3 MK2.... I go up to 4.4.2 KK... I use THIS link to go to 4.4.2 http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2726868 follow all of instruction...then I flash rls 21 (and have gallery issue)))...but I search on the forum and find update from this thread for 4.4.2 http://xdaforums.com/show...2735172... so what the difference between this 2 roms ( I meen 4.4.2 links)))???because after BAd flash HyperDrive 21 (I was on 4.4.2) after I use odin and go back to 4.3....so you sure about I cant be able go to 4.3 after I will flash update 4.4.2 from this thread ?And what you think probably that 1st link for 4.4.2 BAD, and if I will flash 4.4.2 from this thread my issue with gallery will gone?any ideas???hope you can understand what I write....sorry for my english....

john-ammu

Jul 29, 2013
my s4 sch-i545 safestrap installed it is on kitkat and i want to remove it, what should i do?

Last edited:

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
yes, this is 4.4.2
you should be able to run custom ROMs on your bootloader if you want to but there's not a huge difference as far as i can tell in the capability of the mk2 bl vs nc5[/QUOTE

I ask because I try HyperDrive Rls 21 and have Gallery issue....before I flash new ROM I always do full wipe...so I was on verizon 4.3 MK2.... I go up to 4.4.2 KK... I use THIS link to go to 4.4.2 http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2726868 follow all of instruction...then I flash rls 21 (and have gallery issue)))...but I search on the forum and find update from this thread for 4.4.2 http://xdaforums.com/show...2735172... so what the difference between this 2 roms ( I meen 4.4.2 links)))???because after BAd flash HyperDrive 21 (I was on 4.4.2) after I use odin and go back to 4.3....so you sure about I cant be able go to 4.3 after I will flash update 4.4.2 from this thread ?And what you think probably that 1st link for 4.4.2 BAD, and if I will flash 4.4.2 from this thread my issue with gallery will gone?any ideas???hope you can understand what I write....sorry for my english....

if you're still on Hyperdrive, you can try an app from google play called quickpic (its a replacement gallery)
as far as restoring to a stock ROM, just flash nc5 tar through Odin. follow the directions carefully.

Mystique

Oct 1, 2010
Someone with an NK1 device tried to root their device and now they are sending it back.

I agree these are NC5, but I can not find an NK1 odin for him to use..

Their boot screen has the 'unlock' symbol on it.. can they use these images to wipe/full wipe to make the 'unlock' symbol go away?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbarghouti

seadooman

Aug 29, 2013
L. A.
Help! Installed lollipop

Installed 5.0.1 ota and s voice stopped working, tried to do the full wipe from here and get fail error. Can I not flash an older firmware?

BoulderGeek

Sep 9, 2010
The No Wipe is working great for me.

Is there an Odin-able Tether Modules package to pair with it, so I can get tethering back?

The packages I have to NC5 to enable tether don't work with Flashfire or SafeStrap on this ROM.

seadooman

Aug 29, 2013
L. A.
Help! Nk1

My wife took the OTA nk1. I need to know if I flash the full wipe of nc5 will that work? Or am I going to have problems? I'm trying to get back to a build that will allow me to root to avoid the lollipop OTA. HELP PLEASE. I have read the forums until I'm cross-eyed and haven't found an answer.

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
My wife took the OTA nk1. I need to know if I flash the full wipe of nc5 will that work? Or am I going to have problems? I'm trying to get back to a build that will allow me to root to avoid the lollipop OTA. HELP PLEASE. I have read the forums until I'm cross-eyed and haven't found an answer.

it will work. nk4 (preparation update for lollipop), nk1, and ng6 are all downgradeable to nc5 due to samsung not tripping a hardware fuse that prevents older builds from being flashed.

kongmingtwo

Nov 5, 2014
it will work. nk4 (preparation update for lollipop), nk1, and ng6 are all downgradeable to nc5 due to samsung not tripping a hardware fuse that prevents older builds from being flashed.

I remember downgrading to NC5 to towelroot (the only method for ng6 at the time I knew of) since my phone took NG6 at first boot (late purchase...), it was barely functional long enough for me to get the apps I needed done. Do these files have the modules included?

I thought about either upgrading to NK1 or trying to go down and stay down on NC5 since a lot of ROMs are based on it. Am I really getting a great benefit out of either if I'm doing good on NG6? All I really heard about NK1 was bugfixes for the VPN, which I haven't used.

iamthericker

Feb 13, 2010
None of the links seem to work. I get a bad gateway. Are the nc5 tars still available. Our can I flash sobering else over the nc5 firmware?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT FLASH IF YOUR ON MDK AND WISH TO RETAIN YOUR CUSTOM RECOVERY! THIS WILL REMOVE THE LOKI EXPLOIT!

This is a new update for SCH-1545 taking users to VRUFNC5. This is the stock factory image. Also, If you need to go back to stock for whatever reason and this Odin tar doesn't work I suggest using the VRUFNC2 factory image from sextape instead.

For the sake of simplicity, I've also included a mirror to the MJ7 and MK2 "emergency" Full-wipe Odin tars as well MJ7 Full-Wipe and MK2 Full-Wipe

@Tomsgt made a great video of the process that can be viewed here

Information:

1. ROOT METHOD can be found here

2. Otherwise, Download Odin 3.09 here (Note: Bootloader = BL , PDA = AP , Phone = CP)

Download: VRUFNC5 No-Wipe SCH-I545_VZW_1_20140330160240_yni63xq6zh.zip
    MD5: 71d1c7ea58d2ba81ccadd965b54a2215

Download: VRUFNC5 Full-Wipe SCH-I545_VZW_1_20140330160240_8il17ls9o2_fac.zip
    MD5: 8a22dd4a47c2c5f890227fd952657d38

Directions:

No-Wipe

1. Unzip the file and you should have a tar.md5
    2. Select the tar.md5 in Odin under PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) and keep Odin's default settings
    3. Click start and wait for it to say Pass!

Full Wipe ( AKA Emeregency Repair)

1. Unzip the file and you should have a ALL_VZW_I545VRUFNC5_I545VZWFNC5_1151670_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    2. Select the tar.md5 in Odin under PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) and keep Odin's default settings
    3. Extract the PIT file from your phone or Odin tar, also I've uploaded it here just in case.
    4. Put the PIT file in PIT and load the the Odin tar.md5 in PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) then click start.
    To all:

I get a lot of messages about no-wipe resulting in error messages when downgrading from NG6 to NC5. This is to be expected, you can't expect everything to just work out great when downgrading from a newer version to older, and you guys should be using full wipe anyways to get rid of data errors. If keeping your data is that important to you, then I suggest backing up to your pc first.

P.S. Be thankful you can even downgrade in the first place
    great news! can you fix the link for NC5 no wipe? thank you!

Thanks for posting these...but the no wipe NC5 link isn't working for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Fixed

I like to tell people it's in the 180-200 range but truthfully it's probably closer to average.
    @Surge1223 I'm going to ask to be 100% certain, but I'm on rooted stock MK2..... The no-wipe will allow me to retain root, correct?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

U will lose root.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app