[Q] Nandroid backup freezes or crashes

Search This thread

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
What the hell, never seen an "EVT" model :s

That's most probably why it's crashing.

I believe the EVT designates an engineering prototype from HTC. Maybe a device that escaped from the labs some time ago, or perhaps some early Demo model? Or just ones that were sold cheaply to the public after some time.

I would probably advise a couple of things. 1, to try a different SD card. or 2, try doing a simple format to FAT32, and run a simple GB rom. Only to see if it backs up with the basic methods without doing EXT4 partitions.

Also, after looking at your Alpha Rev info, I would also advise you flash to a different version of HBoot. You have a kind of strange one there. You might want to try one of Alpha Rev's, like the CM72 version. Could also be an issue.

And, your radio is a little outdated as well, but that shouldn't effect your backup.

Last edited:

dh4ang

Apr 1, 2012
I believe the EVT designates an engineering prototype from HTC. Maybe a device that escaped from the labs some time ago, or perhaps some early Demo model? Or just ones that were sold cheaply to the public after some time.

I would probably advise a couple of things. 1, to try a different SD card. or 2, try doing a simple format to FAT32, and run a simple GB rom. Only to see if it backs up with the basic methods without doing EXT4 partitions.

Also, after looking at your Alpha Rev info, I would also advise you flash to a different version of HBoot. You have a kind of strange one there. You might want to try one of Alpha Rev's, like the CM72 version. Could also be an issue.

And, your radio is a little outdated as well, but that shouldn't effect your backup.
I tried switching it to CM72 now it is stuck on the boot screen

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
I tried switching it to CM72 now it is stuck on the boot screen

Well, so much for that option.

Run Alpha Rev's Downgrade image to put your somewhat stock HBoot back.

Then I suppose Run your RUU several times till it finishes. Or you may just run the RUU without the AR Downgrade.

Big question, is this a CDMA or a GSM device? Make sure the RUU is for your device.

Just how exactly did you get this phone, may I ask? As the only info on the EVT designates an engineering prototype according to Chinese rep.

dh4ang

Apr 1, 2012
Well, so much for that option.

Run Alpha Rev's Downgrade image to put your somewhat stock HBoot back.

Then I suppose Run your RUU several times till it finishes. Or you may just run the RUU without the AR Downgrade.

Big question, is this a CDMA or a GSM device? Make sure the RUU is for your device.

Just how exactly did you get this phone, may I ask? As the only info on the EVT designates an engineering prototype according to Chinese rep.
So how do i find out if my device is a CDMA or a GSM

dh4ang

Apr 1, 2012
Best bet, HTC support :/

Or, if you got your hands on a XTC Clip, that may help you out. (not worth buying for one phone btw)

EDIT: Actually there's one more thing you can try. http://www.htcdev.com/ruu/PB9920000_Bravo_Froyo_hboot_1.03.0003_R.exe

I tried the advanced nandroid backup on 4EXT and i was able to backup data, cache, boot, and SD-EXT but i wasn't able to backup system because it would crash every time i try it. I think my system might be corrupted, idk.

dh4ang

Apr 1, 2012
I think I might have installed the wrong RUU because a while back my phone was messed up so I ran an RUU. Do you think this is affecting the crashing of the backup ?
EDIT: nevermind i formated my system and my nandroid works perfectly
EDIT 2: I'm using wrong RUU i think, how do i find the right RUU for my phone?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts