[ROM] Android Open Kang Project

Search This thread

Alakratt

Aug 9, 2011
Yeah other people were reporting that the new baseband doesn't work on ICS ROMs. I'm going to give it a try next week when I find some time, I was just wondering if anyone else successfully did it, or if whitehawkx had to change any settings in the next build to get it to work.

Thanks though! :)
So wait a minute, what "next build"? So the new baseband already works with a AOKP build?

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
Doesn't the new update flash you the new baseband? Use the updater tool for the new update and then flash this again, baseband should stick.

Get an opinion from someone else though, messing around with basebands can really mess you up.

Sent from Narnia

Messing with the LG Updater can mess you up totally real bad also (brick).

It took out 2 G2X's - the second time with a TMo tech on the phone as we ran it. I don't think there is any other way to flash a baseband (the MT4G was easy and safe) on the G2X. I would stay away from it unless there is really something important in the new baseband.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

So wait a minute, what "next build"? So the new baseband already works with a AOKP build?

I think he said it may not and was speculating on a ROM fix to make it work.

barqers

Nov 17, 2010
That's exactly what I meant. I thought maybe something in the rom could be tinkered for it to work.

Its just users are reporting better signal and battery life with it

Sent from my sexy LG G2X running AOKP ICS using XDA App

DJLamontagneIII

Senior Moderator
Sep 30, 2008
Mom's Basement
The data drop and crap signal are from the Google code it self in 4.04 they have to fix it or someone has to do some major surgery

Sent from my LG G2x using Tapatalk 2

barqers

Nov 17, 2010
Btw on build 32 with morfics kernel I'm able to get full resolution working through camcorder using videocam illusion. 1920x1080 or something around there. No need to worry about that anymore!

Sent from my LG G2X running AOKP ICS using XDA App

Reactions: IRASadPanda

rexxxlo

May 13, 2011
buffalo
I have a strange problem i cant seem to install another keyboard without weird bugs.

I like thumb keyboard but some japenese stuff seems to pop up i have all the settings checked and none are on or enabled

I cant disable the japenese keyboard it wont highlight

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

newnoobkid

Jun 12, 2011
Btw on build 32 with morfics kernel I'm able to get full resolution working through camcorder using videocam illusion. 1920x1080 or something around there. No need to worry about that anymore!

Sent from my LG G2X running AOKP ICS using XDA App

Does the option show up auto or do u have to change the app

iDreamless531

Oct 30, 2011
Cleveland
Y doesn't my SD card read? (music & gallery) no files at all I don't like using third party apps except power amp

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

You can find the latest release here

GAPPS

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Roman
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Just in case...
    Some questions:

1. Why include a different launcher with the standard launcher?
    2. Why customize the settings app to put some of the sections that were in the front part into your own section?
    3. Why did you remove the galaxy live wallpaper?

Doing the 2 above caused my launcher app and settings app's settings to not be restored properly.

Why did you customize the default launcher and the settings app? Those should never be changed unless its a bug fix. It's why I use cyanogenmod so that I don't deal with these kinds of problems.

I'm heading back to hellfire sandwich 1.3.

You need to be more specific. What do you mean "customized the settings app?" It's stock with the exception of a new spot added for Rom Control.

Why include two launchers? To please everyone... lol. I personally use Nova. It has way more options than anything I've used.

The galaxy live wallpaper? That wallpaper does not come on stock ICS. I know because I have a GSM Galaxy Nexus.

Let me be perfectly clear. This is not CM. This is not a CM9 kang. This is AOKP which is completely different. I used the device and vendor trees from CM so that stuff like data/cell/etc will work. As far as the rom and features it is 110% DIFFERENT. So restoring anything is not a good idea.

themoreyouknow.jpg
    Some questions:

1. Why include a different launcher with the standard launcher?
    2. Why customize the settings app to put some of the sections that were in the front part into your own section?
    3. Why did you remove the galaxy live wallpaper?

Doing the 2 above caused my launcher app and settings app's settings to not be restored properly.

Why did you customize the default launcher and the settings app? Those should never be changed unless its a bug fix.

MUST. RESIST. BAN.
    Ok guys and gals... OP UPDATED!

Data and cell both work.
    90% of Rom Control should be working now
    BROWSER STILL BROKE - 3RD PARTY BROWSERS WORK FINE
    VIDEO RECORDING BROKE - there's an app you can download though for this

And of course, please do a CLEAN INSTALL (wipe data)

This is the last build that will be uploaded to 4shared. All future builds will be posted on for download on goo-inside.me and will be downloadable here - http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases

And yes, you can expect this to get updated from here on out every time we release a new build of AOKP. :)

Enjoy!