[Discussion]HTC One S [S-OFF]

Search This thread
People have been attempting to contact HTC and letting them know that they are in breach of the open GPL compliance act by not releasing the kernel source, which would allow s-off (I think, that's what I get from it..)
See this thread for more info http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1629933

They're pretty much saying it will be out in 90-120 days. Don't get why it takes so long when the one x and one v both got it already, but I'm assuming they have some kind of reasoning for it.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

Last edited:

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
People have been attempting to contact HTC and letting them know that they are in breach of the open GPL compliance act by not releasing the kernel source, which would allow s-off (I think, that's what I get from it..)
See this thread for more info http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1629933

They're pretty much saying it will be out in 90-120 days. Don't get why it takes so long when the one x and one v both got it already, but I'm assuming they have some kind of reasoning for it.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

I'm not sure that Kernel Source will do anything for S-Off as the kernel is not part of the HBoot. Unless Kernel Source also includes a new S-Off HBoot, which I doubt it. To obtain S-Off an exploit (like with the Sensation) will need to be found or an HTC signed HBoot that provides S-Off.

Kernel Source will allow custom kernels with speed tweeks, OC/UV, OTG, etc. etc.

Reevine

May 8, 2012
Uji-shi, Kyoto
I'm not sure that Kernel Source will do anything for S-Off as the kernel is not part of the HBoot. Unless Kernel Source also includes a new S-Off HBoot, which I doubt it. To obtain S-Off an exploit (like with the Sensation) will need to be found or an HTC signed HBoot that provides S-Off.

Kernel Source will allow custom kernels with speed tweeks, OC/UV, OTG, etc. etc.

What I meant was I hoped HTC released S-OFF HBoot after the kernel sources were released. I doubt they would release a signed HBoot before the kernel.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

zeroprobe

Apr 20, 2010
Signed, I've no idea why they can make the bootloader unlocked but not give S Off, what other harm would it do, we already invalidate the warranty.

Reevine

May 8, 2012
Uji-shi, Kyoto
Signed, I've no idea why they can make the bootloader unlocked but not give S Off, what other harm would it do, we already invalidate the warranty.

Exactly. That's why its being requested. All they would have to do would release a signed HBoot with S-OFF for each device. Or provide a universal tool. Either way would work for me.

ErriK89

Oct 19, 2010
Milan
I hope that S-OFF for one x can be used to develop s-off for one S. I've a vodafone it branded one s and so I can't restore original firmware with RUU_Ville_.exe file. :mad:

fcpelayo

Nov 20, 2011
Chino
Why don't you guys get in touch with juopunotbear? website www.unlimited.io

They made s off possible in many devices when many thought we couldn't or wouldn't.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

Reactions: Reevine

Reevine

May 8, 2012
Uji-shi, Kyoto
Why don't you guys get in touch with juopunotbear? website www.unlimited.io

They made s off possible in many devices when many thought we couldn't or wouldn't.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

Sweet thanks for the link. I own both the One X and One S. I know there is a good amount of development on the One X but I would love to see that carry over to the One S as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-off is nearly release ready.

I need /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 from a qualcomm s3 variant, and a matching update.zip for each model that support is wanted for.
    Some of you guys are PM'ing me to help with S-OFF for the One S.

Will try to, when I get the One X done.
    Today we had a huge update.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604300

Some of you with a USB Y-Cable should try to flash a .zip through sd-card.
    If that works, and I can modify a DIAG file, also for you S-OFF will come very fast.
    so now we know that s-off is not hardware related. a software is nedded to s-off , att HTC One XL confirmed that it can be s-off with that software, and since the att HTC One XL is almost the same phone as the HTC One S s4, S-off can be achived too.

i hope we get s-off soon but with patience :)
    Well, it's actually been confirmed that all modern HTC devices can use this exploit as long as they are running the S4, S3 or S4 pro processors. This even includes the dna and butterfly and likely the upcoming HTC One a.k.a. the M7. The exploit has not been released yet but has been shown to work, so sit tight and relax. If these devs are smart, and I know they are, they will not release the exploit until the One has been released so HTC cannot patch it.
    I have Riffbox now at home. Will make JIG for it, so until end of next week i could be ready.
    PS: I had S-OFF and tryed to get to S-Diag mode: But phone freezes and reboots into s-off.
    mmcblk0p23: "misc"
    mmcblk0p22: "recovery"
    mmcblk0p21: "boot"
    mmcblk0p33: "system"
    mmcblk0p30: "local"
    mmcblk0p34: "cache"
    mmcblk0p35: "userdata"
    mmcblk0p26: "devlog"
    mmcblk0p28: "pdata"
    mmcblk0p36: "fat"
    mmcblk0p31: "extra"
    mmcblk0p17: "radio"