[Q] Won't boot past the Galaxy S4 screen!

Search This thread
Feb 1, 2014
Oak Harbor, WA
First of all I just want to say I am very new to the world of rooting and custom roms. I recently got bored of the original layout of my S4 and decided to root my phone and find a custom Rom. I rooted my phone and through Twrp I flashed android Kitkat 4.4.2 from AOKP. It seems that I either messed something up or the particular rom I downloaded doesn't work right. More than likely the first one. It ran okay for a minute or two then it started freezing and rebooting itself. I thought I would just go back to stock and restore from the backup I created but when I tried it said failed. I did some research and found a stock rom through Odin and tried to just revert back that way. That failed too and now my phone is stuck at the Galaxy S4 screen and at the top left it says kernel is not seandroid enforcing. Set warranty bit: kernal.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I miss my phone! Lol. I apologize if any of my terminology is off also!

Feb 1, 2014
Oak Harbor, WA
Okay I'll give that a shot. As a side note when I tried to restore my back up TWRP displayed a messaged saying that it appeared that my phone wasn't rooted. Slide to install now. Dunno if that makes a difference or not. I know for sure it was rooted unless the root check I did was wrong.. Lol

bignick1215

Jan 13, 2013
I myself use cwm so I'm not that familiar with twrp but I'm pretty sure the link I gave You is for stock unrooted so you'll have to reroot

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Reactions: calumthestrong
Jul 4, 2012
Sacs 4.3 v5 ultra issues

I was running Sac's Custom ROM 4.3 v 4.4 and tried to update to the most recent version 5.5 Ultra. I download the ROM copied to SD Card. Using Philz recovery (devs preference) to wipe cache/davlic/factory reset etc...reboot into recovery...installed ROM. The phone will not get past boot screen. I can't post on the devs page because i am too new to the forum. Can you help me out here?

Feb 1, 2014
Oak Harbor, WA
I plugged to phone into the charger when it was off last night and noticed that at first it had the stock S4 battey life indicator but after a second it changed to the android 4.4.2 one. Is there any way im stuck between 2 roms or anything like that?

bignick1215

Jan 13, 2013
I know with sacs it can be a little tricky with the multiple wipes and rebooting to recovery for more wipes but aosp custom ROMs Dont have near the steps. Just wipe data/cache/dalvic and format system then flash ROM and gapps and your good to go!

chris83282

Mar 21, 2014
Thornton
Won't boot past the galaxy s4 screen

I am very new to the world of rooting. I recently tried to root my t-mobile S4 m919 running 4.4.2. I rooted my phone with http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-tmobile?nocache=1&z=9919900225941092#root I did everything exactly as on the video but when I rebooted after going through clockwork mod and flashing ROOT_M919UVUAMDL.zip It reboots to the galaxy s4 screen and at the top left it says kernel is not seandroid enforcing. Set warranty bit: kernel. It just stays on that screen. anyone help please. I would either like to get my phone working again or finish the root.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

When I try to try to boot into recovery it also stays on the galaxy s4 screen saying recovery booting... in the left corner stuck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds like the odin file you got was 4.2 and I'm guessing you were already stock 4.3. Find a mk2 4.3 Odin file and give that a shot.

Here's a link to a thread where you can get the files I mentioned.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2509605

I myself use cwm so I'm not that familiar with twrp but I'm pretty sure the link I gave You is for stock unrooted so you'll have to reroot

I got it! Downloaded the stock firmware and flashed it through Odin! I'll re root it but I probably won't try a custom rom again for a while.. haha.