Ubuntu 9.04 port [Updated 27JUN10] New build by Rhobuntu team.

Search This thread

JesusFreak316

Aug 19, 2009
New build (27/6/10): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=640785 Thanks Rhobuntu team! Check the linked thread for download and changelog. Fyi, for it to boot, assuming you have a touch pro or fuze, RAPH100 or RAPH110, you must change the mtype is startup.txt to 1910.

Working:
  • Touchscreen and Calibration
  • Keyboard
  • Screen rotation (press end call)
  • Sound (at least partly; phh got alsa working)
  • Simple 3G setup: first start Menu -> Network -> Configure 3G, after that run Menu -> Network -> Activate 3G and wait about 40 secs for the Dialog to appear
  • Sleep and power button (Works on Rhodium though)
  • Charging (Might require to be plugged in in Winmo before booting ubuntu.)
  • Wifi should be painless now.
  • Cpu throttling for better battery life
  • Framebuffer (Slowly though)

Not working:
  • Bluetooth
  • Video acceleration
  • Capacitive buttons
  • Radio
  • GPRS
  • Brightness control (Works on Rhodium but might work if you use shift+4 and shift+5 and disable auto-backlight in WM)
  • Gsensor
  • Proximity sensor
  • Stylus removal detection

I'm working on it when I get the chance. I'm a college student learning electrical engineering so I don't have much time to work on this.

Last edited:

driftoz

Mar 12, 2009
Adelaide
and how do we install it? im downloading the file now does it run with haret same as android off a SD card or does it need to be flashed?

driftoz

Mar 12, 2009
Adelaide
ok thanks i seen the img file and was hoping i didnt have to flash cbf re flashing again and having to re-setup my old OS

driftoz

Mar 12, 2009
Adelaide
ive just extracted the folder and img file to the root of my mem card and changed the mtype to the same number as it says for raph 1910 when using android i booted haret and all i got is a white screen it hasnt changed for last 5 mins.

JesusFreak316

Aug 19, 2009
Tell me how it goes. Specifically, try using the command line. My / key won't register, whether with hardware or software keyboard, which makes console commands all but impossible.

driftoz

Mar 12, 2009
Adelaide
sorry i just found out when i saved the start up txt in the zip file it didnt save i just changed the mtype on the mem card and haret booted, but its stoped at msmfb_start_dma 6321.563 ms after vsync request but all the numbers on the screen keep changing been like this for 5 mins or so.

now the screen has gone black and have a little blue square on the top left of the screen, is it still loading or dont know ?

Last edited:

JesusFreak316

Aug 19, 2009
I just remembered, you should rename your img to Ubuntu.img not ubuntuarm.img or whatever it is. *Facepalms*

Also, file structure should be:
/Sdcard/Ubuntu.img
/Sdcard/Ubuntu/startup.txt
/Sdcard/Ubuntu/zImage
/Sdcard/Ubuntu/initrd.gz
/Sdcard/Ubuntu/haret.exe

Last edited:

driftoz

Mar 12, 2009
Adelaide
yeah very hard to use with the pointer with no config and also it double clicks almost every time i touch the scrreen, maybe u could talk to the people from xdandroid and see if u can get there touch config to work with this?

Wil Badger

Jan 18, 2009
Salt Lake
OK it runs that's a good thing now it's time to start playing with the calibration settings to try and get it close. right now it's about a 1/2" from where I touch.

CLICKABLE

JesusFreak316

Aug 19, 2009
Yeah I know. How will you edit it? Through the console on your phone or will you mount the img in linux? I tried using the console but, like I said, my / key doesn't work so commands are impossible. Does it work for you?

Wil Badger

Jan 18, 2009
Salt Lake
Oh I'll save that for later. Just wanted to make sure it loaded for right now. I'll see what I can do. maybe it's about time to download a new copy of linux.

driftoz

Mar 12, 2009
Adelaide
wow amazing, hopefully this will get as much attention as android

the only thing though is this woulnt support calls or sms as far as i know im not a linux person if someones able ot make a app for it then maybe but to me its more like running a mini laptop i dont expect to see any phone support it but if anyone else knows more would be good to know. but to me this will not replace android but might be nice to run asside to android like winmo and android is atm for me.