[Q] Wi-fi calling on Verizon Note 3 with T-Mobile SIM?

Search This thread

addisonite

May 6, 2014
I've searched for the answer for this, but found nothing...I apologize in advance if this has already been asked.

I have a Verizon Note 3 with a Tmobile SIM/Service, and would like to use the wifi calling/UMA feature that T-Mobile offers. In my office the network coverage is non-existent for all carriers, but there is wifi access. I can get online fine, but can't send a text or make calls. From what I understand Verizon has this feature blocked (or non-existent), Can I flash a T-Mobile ROM to activate this feature, or if I install a developer ROM, will this feature be available?

Thanks for any input!

atlzonly89

Dec 24, 2013
Atlanta GA
I've searched for the answer for this, but found nothing...I apologize in advance if this has already been asked.

I have a Verizon Note 3 with a Tmobile SIM/Service, and would like to use the wifi calling/UMA feature that T-Mobile offers. In my office the network coverage is non-existent for all carriers, but there is wifi access. I can get online fine, but can't send a text or make calls. From what I understand Verizon has this feature blocked (or non-existent), Can I flash a T-Mobile ROM to activate this feature, or if I install a developer ROM, will this feature be available?

Thanks for any input!

I believe tmobile is the only company that has wifi calling....tried to switch to verizon a few months back, and i asked them about the wifi calling if they had it there reply: "we are sorry, but our network is far more reliable then as of tmobile, and hence we dont need wifi calling" lol. so yeah, its not blocked, they just dont have the right hardware in place and even if they do, they wont be anywhere near tmobile...hope that made sense, kinda typing this while falling asleep