[THEME][MOD] Status-bar for Gueste2X v2.x (w/without Battery icon) and Gueste2x V3.0

Search This thread

Litderose

Jun 8, 2007
Paris
[EDIT 2012-01-29]
Status-bar mod for Gueste2X v3.0 is available in post #15
[EDIT END]

Before using the Gueste rom, I was using an Miui ROM with a nice status bar.
So I wanted to have the same with the Gueste rom.

Screenshots of the status bar with the icon battery :

attachment.php

Screenshots of the status bar without the icon battery (my favorite one) :

attachment.php

First : DO A BACKUP WITH CLOCKWORKMOD (CVM) !

FEATURES
- center clock with reduced font
- set of icon issued from a MIUI theme (but i can't remember which one ! If you know, please tell me !) - so the icons aren't mine !
- overScroll color changed to grey
- bubbles loading circle

DOWNLOADS
- Litderose_No Battery.zip : my modded status bar without any battery icon (my favorite one), use BaBar to have the linear MIUI-like battery bar
- Litderose_Circle Battery.zip : my modded status bar with the circle battery icon from the Thanatos2X v5.1 rom (for those who want a battery icon)
- Back2Gueste.zip : if you want to go back to the original Gueste2X v2.1 status bar

=> Flash the file with CVM and reboot

NOTES
- I'm not a dev, so don't expect any advanced support from me, but i will try to help you if any problem occur.
- I use the Gueste2X v2.1 rom daily, so this is why my mod is for this rom.
- according to my friend Gueste, you can apply these mod on his Gueste2X v2.2 rom, (anyway remember : ALWAYS DO A CVM/BACKUP BEFORE !
- I won't be responsible for any damage...

CREDITS
I want to thank :
=> Qliratu, Mendozinas & Avreen for UOT Kitchen (XDA thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=990829)
=> Taine0 for [Status bar/notification mod] Center clock and icon switch (XDA thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1174202)
=> TheGrammarFreak for his very detailed [HOW TO] Centre clock and icon switch - an in-depth guide (XDA thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1361715)
=> Darksilk for ideas in [Theme][Mod] Mixed Minimal Desing (XDA thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329097)
=> -= sk0t =- for the great "how to hide battery icon" guide (XDA thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13838218&postcount=213)
=> Hell_97 and Gueste for their roms !
Without these guys, I wouldn't have been able to do that!
Apologize if i forgot anybody!

Attachments

• Back2Gueste.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 276
Last edited:

lolo04

Jan 4, 2012
France
Thanks for share this. I dont use this rom .
Tonight if i have time i test on django manouche if it's work

En francais:
Merci pour ton partage je n'utilise pas cette rom mais si j'ai le temps ce soir je la testerais sur celle que j'utilise actuellement ;)

ehmjay

Mar 13, 2011
Milan
will this mod replace my whole theme? i have the ics theme by gustadinov installed and i want your status bar.. but i think this will overwrite also the theme such as toggles etc.. am i right?

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Litderose

Jun 8, 2007
Paris
@ehmjay : i'm sorry, you're right, it will overwrite the whole theme.

@androidpc : sorry too.

@lolo04 : you must use a Gueste rom. I think it won't work on your Django.
(in french, tu dois utiliser la rom Guest, ce mod ne fonctionnera pas sur la Django à priori...)

Stefan Gündhör

Oct 24, 2011
Hinterholz 8
Man, how NICE is this :):):)

Thank you, really appreciate this Theme!
By the way, all 2.1 themes also work with 2.2 (gueste2x) :) ... SO you can add 2.2 in thread topic!

Thx again man

DarthD

Apr 11, 2010
Thanks for this nice theme.

If I have alarm active and wifi and silent the silent icon overlaps time. Can you please fix that

http://db.tt/lhveq4TK

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

Last edited:

Sckank

Jul 7, 2010
Florø
I want the same look in CM7. Is there any way to fix that? I used it in Gueste's ROM and damn it looks good! :)

Litderose

Jun 8, 2007
Paris
@Fasex : i don't really know how to do because on my Gueste 2.1, there is no Music player. So I'm using the MIUI player.

@Sckank : if the structure of the CM7 rom is the same as the Gueste rom, i think it's possible, you should modify the SystemUI.apk and the Framework.apk files. But you need to know what you do and always do a nandroid backup before.

@Paulinhowoox : i don't think so because the Gueste rom is a mix of v20m/v20e/v20o roms.

Litderose

Jun 8, 2007
Paris
Status-bar mod for Gueste2X v3.0

I've done my best to offer the same status-bar for the Gueste v3.0 as the 2.x version.
It is near the same except the centered clock (it's a bit complicated).
No need to have a version with battery icon and without because in this rom, you can hide the battery icon in the parameters.
The v3.0 rom is CM7 based, so I just modifiy the Optimus2X_HDPI_by_Z25.apk file (because I don't know how to make a theme chooser file).

HOW TO
1/ You must have a file manager like Es File Explorer with root access
2/ In the "system/app" directory, copy and save the "Optimus2X_HDPI_by_Z25.apk" where you want.
3/ copy my modified "Optimus2X_HDPI_by_Z25.apk" it into the "system/app" directory.

I'm not satisfied with this solution because it override the original file (you must do a save before).
And also, you will lost the theme from Z25/Gueste (but only the status-bar change).
I don't have time to look for that, but if someone know how to create an apk for theme chooser with another name than "Optimus2X_HDPI_by_Z25.apk", he can do it with my file, it will be perfect.
As I said before, I'm not a dev !

Attachments

• Optimus2X_HDPI_by_Z25.apk
    6.8 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Reactions: izzotsai and Divyan

arroccoli

Dec 19, 2011
Gueste2x V3.1 ?

Great Status-bar!
will you relase the 3.1 version soon ?

using the v3.0 version on v3.1 made my status-bar disappear.

Litderose

Jun 8, 2007
Paris
Great Status-bar!
will you relase the 3.1 version soon ?

using the v3.0 version on v3.1 made my status-bar disappear.
:confused: strange because I thought themes for theme chooser were roms independant...
I'm always using the v3.0 but i can try to port the BlueStatusBar to the v3.1.

I want the same look in CM7. Is there any way to fix that? I used it in Gueste's ROM and damn it looks good! :)
My friend, i've got a huge problem to port the centered clock to the v3.0 (or CM7) version.
I do everything from the TheGrammarFreak's post (see here), and nothing change :(.
I have no solution yet :(
Problem too when trying to change the name of the theme - ideally BlueStatusBar will be good. I follow this post but my theme is still invisible in theme chooser...
I think I've lost my brain...
If somebody can help...

mike-o2

Apr 3, 2011
Your mod looks beautiful! The Icons are fantastic, especially the battery icon!
I'm not a dev, but I have done modding for some games in the past and from that experience I can say just keep trying and eventually it will work.
It is a small oversight for the most time and when you find out what it was, you'll wonder why it wasn't obvious from the beginning. But that's learning by doing. And maybe some nice experienced person helps.

Once again it's a great mod! Would be really cool to see it as a CM7 theme!

Litderose

Jun 8, 2007
Paris
Thank you Mike!
I have to say that battery icon is not mine, i found it in Hell_97 roms (see here and here), you can also find it in erestor6 rom (here).
GSM signal icon come from a MIUI theme (but can't remember which), 2G/3g icon come from UOT Kitchen with slight mods by myself, Wifi icon and the others also come from UOT Kitchen.
I'm still searching :
- how to made a real CM7 theme (and not modify the Gueste/ZduneX25 theme). I found a method (see post above) but it didn't work.
- how to center the clock. Same thing, found a method but didn't work. I think that it's impossible to have a Theme Chooser with centered clock. This mod must be independant from the theme. But the status bar in CM7 rom is different from stock rom (you can hide clock, battery, etc...) so i think this is why i have major difficulties to implement the centered clock in CM7 rom (even if a method exist but i failed to use it).
If someone know a CM7 rom with centered clock, i will appreciate a link !
I'm not desperate but I've spent lot of time to find a solution, and still no light...

Reactions: mike-o2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [EDIT 2012-01-29]
    Status-bar mod for Gueste2X v3.0 is available in post #15
    [EDIT END]

Before using the Gueste rom, I was using an Miui ROM with a nice status bar.
    So I wanted to have the same with the Gueste rom.

Screenshots of the status bar with the icon battery :

attachment.php

Screenshots of the status bar without the icon battery (my favorite one) :

attachment.php

First : DO A BACKUP WITH CLOCKWORKMOD (CVM) !

FEATURES
    - center clock with reduced font
    - set of icon issued from a MIUI theme (but i can't remember which one ! If you know, please tell me !) - so the icons aren't mine !
    - overScroll color changed to grey
    - bubbles loading circle

DOWNLOADS
    - Litderose_No Battery.zip : my modded status bar without any battery icon (my favorite one), use BaBar to have the linear MIUI-like battery bar
    - Litderose_Circle Battery.zip : my modded status bar with the circle battery icon from the Thanatos2X v5.1 rom (for those who want a battery icon)
    - Back2Gueste.zip : if you want to go back to the original Gueste2X v2.1 status bar

=> Flash the file with CVM and reboot

NOTES
    - I'm not a dev, so don't expect any advanced support from me, but i will try to help you if any problem occur.
    - I use the Gueste2X v2.1 rom daily, so this is why my mod is for this rom.
    - according to my friend Gueste, you can apply these mod on his Gueste2X v2.2 rom, (anyway remember : ALWAYS DO A CVM/BACKUP BEFORE !
    - I won't be responsible for any damage...

CREDITS
    I want to thank :
    => Qliratu, Mendozinas & Avreen for UOT Kitchen (XDA thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=990829)
    => Taine0 for [Status bar/notification mod] Center clock and icon switch (XDA thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1174202)
    => TheGrammarFreak for his very detailed [HOW TO] Centre clock and icon switch - an in-depth guide (XDA thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1361715)
    => Darksilk for ideas in [Theme][Mod] Mixed Minimal Desing (XDA thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329097)
    => -= sk0t =- for the great "how to hide battery icon" guide (XDA thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13838218&postcount=213)
    => Hell_97 and Gueste for their roms !
    Without these guys, I wouldn't have been able to do that!
    Apologize if i forgot anybody!
    Status-bar mod for Gueste2X v3.0

I've done my best to offer the same status-bar for the Gueste v3.0 as the 2.x version.
    It is near the same except the centered clock (it's a bit complicated).
    No need to have a version with battery icon and without because in this rom, you can hide the battery icon in the parameters.
    The v3.0 rom is CM7 based, so I just modifiy the Optimus2X_HDPI_by_Z25.apk file (because I don't know how to make a theme chooser file).

HOW TO
    1/ You must have a file manager like Es File Explorer with root access
    2/ In the "system/app" directory, copy and save the "Optimus2X_HDPI_by_Z25.apk" where you want.
    3/ copy my modified "Optimus2X_HDPI_by_Z25.apk" it into the "system/app" directory.

I'm not satisfied with this solution because it override the original file (you must do a save before).
    And also, you will lost the theme from Z25/Gueste (but only the status-bar change).
    I don't have time to look for that, but if someone know how to create an apk for theme chooser with another name than "Optimus2X_HDPI_by_Z25.apk", he can do it with my file, it will be perfect.
    As I said before, I'm not a dev !
    Thank you Mike!
    I have to say that battery icon is not mine, i found it in Hell_97 roms (see here and here), you can also find it in erestor6 rom (here).
    GSM signal icon come from a MIUI theme (but can't remember which), 2G/3g icon come from UOT Kitchen with slight mods by myself, Wifi icon and the others also come from UOT Kitchen.
    I'm still searching :
    - how to made a real CM7 theme (and not modify the Gueste/ZduneX25 theme). I found a method (see post above) but it didn't work.
    - how to center the clock. Same thing, found a method but didn't work. I think that it's impossible to have a Theme Chooser with centered clock. This mod must be independant from the theme. But the status bar in CM7 rom is different from stock rom (you can hide clock, battery, etc...) so i think this is why i have major difficulties to implement the centered clock in CM7 rom (even if a method exist but i failed to use it).
    If someone know a CM7 rom with centered clock, i will appreciate a link !
    I'm not desperate but I've spent lot of time to find a solution, and still no light...