I want to use wifi calling on my AT&T s4, can load Tmobile ROM into my AT&T S4

Search This thread

trulegend

Feb 5, 2007
I want to use wifi calling on my AT&T s4, can load Tmobile ROM into my AT&T S4

I want to use wifi calling on my AT&T s4, can I load Tmobile ROM into my AT&T S4 to use WIFI Calling?

thx

GG2012

May 8, 2012
nonono-thumb.png

And to add, it's not a software deal. It's hardware/firmware related.

ccldb

Jul 17, 2012
It's not the hardware on your S4, it's just ATT doesn't have the protocol enabled. If you have weak or no signal at home or office, you can try Google voice and pair it with Talkatone or GrooveIP or Mo+ etc etc...

WhosAsking

Jan 14, 2013
I want to use wifi calling on my AT&T s4, can I load Tmobile ROM into my AT&T S4 to use WIFI Calling?

thx
Let me elaborate. The feature is specific to genuine T-Mobile subscribers (MVNOs like SimpleMobile and Family Mobile are out of luck). The program IIRC checks against the SIM to make sure it's genuine T-Mobile, and IIRC it connects to servers specific to T-Mobile at the backend.

LancerEvoDrifter

Oct 24, 2012
Houston
Let me elaborate. The feature is specific to genuine T-Mobile subscribers (MVNOs like SimpleMobile and Family Mobile are out of luck). The program IIRC checks against the SIM to make sure it's genuine T-Mobile, and IIRC it connects to servers specific to T-Mobile at the backend.

What if I use a T-Mobile Custom rom with a AT&T S4, Im a T-Mobile customer, can I still use wifi calling since i have it enabled it in my plan?

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yes as long as it is a TouchWiz Rom.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

We have winners! A T-Mobile customer with an AT&T S4 can most assuredly use a T-Mobile TW ROM and take full advantage of WiFi calling... Otherwise, no.

Reactions: jdcnosse

omegajester

Jun 10, 2009
Carpathia
Basically repeating what other said... You CAN, but ONLY if you flash a T-Mobile TW based rom.

If you were expecting to use Wifi calling with an AT&T based rom, the short, medium and long answer is.... No.

Sent from my kawk rocket using advanced nuclear fission.

mrv427

Mar 8, 2014
We have winners! A T-Mobile customer with an AT&T S4 can most assuredly use a T-Mobile TW ROM and take full advantage of WiFi calling... Otherwise, no.

So if I load a t-mobile ROM on at&t phone I should be able to use wifi calling. But does anyone know how to load t-mobile frimware on at&t note 3?

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So if I load a t-mobile ROM on at&t phone I should be able to use wifi calling. But does anyone know how to load t-mobile frimware on at&t note 3?

If you meet all the previously mentioned qualifications for WiFi calling to work then yes it will most assuredly work. As far as the Note 3 question goes; try browsing the Note 3 forums... they'd be much better equipped to give you a correct answer than in the S4 forum. I'm sure the topic has been discussed over there and a simple search would point you in the right direction.

mrv427

Mar 8, 2014
flashing

You have to be a Tmobile customer, because the Tmobile sim and a Tmobile TW ROM are both required to have Wi-Fi calling.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of trying out tmobile. I know I need to unlock my note 3. Then flash tmobile frimware. But I've been told that the tmobile
Phones are the only ones that call use wifi calling. I'm sure if I can fully unlock it flash it I can use it on both.

Top Liked Posts