[Q] Google+ and Greenify

Search This thread

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
Hey guys, so I finally rooted my N5 recently and started using greenify. I noticed that even after hibernating google+, it still runs in the background. More specifically, I noticed that both today and yesterday about 30 min after unplugging my phone G+ was using 50% of the battery. Yesterday I forced closed it and it seemed to have stopped but it really annoyed me this morning considering I hibernated it so it should not happen. I disabled the app, until realizing that I do need the photos app because I like to keep all the pictures from my previous phones/cameras in the cloud and the regular gallery doesn't seem to do it or do it as well. So I enabled the app, and then I realized I should just use app opsX to disable the permission allowing G+ to keep phone awake. It seemed to have worked and during the day it did wake the phone for about 2 min. I wasn't sure why this happened seeing I disabled it from being able to do that but I didn't think much of it. However, now I opened Greenify and all of a sudden it can no longer hibernate G+, yet it was able to Greenify it before.

Has anyone encountered this problem? If so what did you guys do? Basically, I want to know if there's anything I can do besides uninstall/disable/freeze since I want to use the photos app. Thanks!

Last edited:

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
I don't seem to have any issues with Greenify and G+, although I use the donate version which lets you hibernate system apps. However, I have also never used the G+ app on my phone so maybe because I've never started it, it doesn't ever run in the background (just a guess btw!).

If you're only bothered about cloud storage for your photos then Dropbox can do that.

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
I don't seem to have any issues with Greenify and G+, although I use the donate version which lets you hibernate system apps. However, I have also never used the G+ app on my phone so maybe because I've never started it, it doesn't ever run in the background (just a guess btw!).

If you're only bothered about cloud storage for your photos then Dropbox can do that.

Thanks. Yeah I have the donated version as well and I did check the "better performance" option. I don't think I've ever physically opened the app as well unless the photos app counts which I suppose it does. I guess there's dropbox, I just don't really use it that much and I feel like the photos app seems more convenient since it's actually a gallery. Also, there's no limit to how many photos you can upload. Although I haven't used dropbox in a while so maybe it's changed.

Edit: I think it might actually have to do with taking a picture. I'm not 100% sure though. Regardless, I find it weird that after I took away its' permission to stay awake in App Opps X it's still able to keep the phone awake. Unless App Opps X just doesn't work.

Last edited: