[Q] Skip MotoBlur Registration

Search This thread

qPs1

May 29, 2009
New Jersey
Is there any way to skip past the MotoBlur registration? I just picked up my Atrix and powered it on. Since I don't plan to ever use MotoBlur once I have the phone rooted, how can I get past the MotoBlur registration screen without registering?

kgeissler

Dec 21, 2006
Rowlett, TX
You can't skip it, but I did notice it is an added security feature.

Anytime you swap out SIM cards, it will ask for your email and password on bootup. You phone is basically unusable until you enter the info correctly.

meatrocket

May 26, 2006
Anytime you swap out SIM cards, it will ask for your email and password on bootup. You phone is basically unusable until you enter the info correctly.

That's all Android phones from what I understand. I know my Craptivate wouldn't open any Google apps without providing credentials, but the rest of the onboard memory and such was still accessible.

bekarhoo

Dec 17, 2010
Yes please, I need to know to. I just got mine and I don't want this crap registration. Can the previous poster elaborate on the procedure? Thanks!

pemican

Feb 24, 2011
You could just give it an email address that doesn't exist, and set a password you'll never remember. For the record, I didn't like having to register a motoblur account either.

akady

Dec 7, 2008
hi guys.
i found if you press the menu touch button on the motoblur set up screen it gives you the option to skip setup.

any one else agree??!