[ROM]-[22-APR-2012]-MikTouch-0.5-[Stock, Optimized Sense]

Search This thread

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
My wife is having some speed and calling issues with this ROM and I hope you guys can help us out.

Phone issues:
Touch the phone button twice in a row is supposed to dial the last number in the call log, and most of the time, that is what it does. Once in a while, it will call a random number instead. And I don't mean a random contact, a completely random number that we have never seen before. This also happened on the stock ROM before modding, so maybe it's an HTC issue?

Sometimes when bringing up a contact and touching one of the phone numbers associated with it, the dialer screen will come up and start to dial, but there is a solid tone and the call ends, sort of like there is no cell signal. This happens both on cell connection and wifi calling.

Speed issues:
Sometimes when opening the messaging app it takes up to 10 sec to load the threads. Once she touches a thread and brings up the keyboard, she can type about 6 or 7 words before the phone catches up and displays the words.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I don't seem to have these kinds of issues on my G2x and I'm wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong with this phone. Phone is unlocked, S-on. Boot.img was extracted and flashed via fastboot just before flashing the ROM in CWM recovery.

Does she have tons of messages? Or a lot of message threads?

Also do you do a normal reboot? Or have you ever used a cache cleaner? I usually run cache cleaner NG every 12 hours as normal maintenance give that a shot please, if all else fails maybe ill share a kernel to ya ;)

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: r4d14n7

nemesis93

Mar 15, 2009
My wife is having some speed and calling issues with this ROM and I hope you guys can help us out.

Phone issues:
Touch the phone button twice in a row is supposed to dial the last number in the call log, and most of the time, that is what it does. Once in a while, it will call a random number instead. And I don't mean a random contact, a completely random number that we have never seen before. This also happened on the stock ROM before modding, so maybe it's an HTC issue?

Sometimes when bringing up a contact and touching one of the phone numbers associated with it, the dialer screen will come up and start to dial, but there is a solid tone and the call ends, sort of like there is no cell signal. This happens both on cell connection and wifi calling.

Speed issues:
Sometimes when opening the messaging app it takes up to 10 sec to load the threads. Once she touches a thread and brings up the keyboard, she can type about 6 or 7 words before the phone catches up and displays the words.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I don't seem to have these kinds of issues on my G2x and I'm wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong with this phone. Phone is unlocked, S-on. Boot.img was extracted and flashed via fastboot just before flashing the ROM in CWM recovery.

My guess is she has tooo many messages. I once had this problem and as soon as I deleted all the messages it was lag free.
You should try using handcent or go sms (my personal preference) and set a limit to the amount of messages per person. I have it set to 200 max per person.

Sent from my RubiX ICS Infused using Tapatalk

Reactions: r4d14n7

r4d14n7

Jun 20, 2009
TX
Thanks for the replies! I'll have her try that stuff... I usually keep 200 messages per thread and about 10 threads on my phone and don't have an issue. 4G Slide has a faster processor and more RAM so I figured it could handle the threads.

I use normal reboots. I don't have the quick boot option enabled (or whatever it's called). I have a cache cleaner installed on her phone but I normally run it around once a week. I'll up the dosage and see if it helps.

Any thoughts on the dialer bugs? Are they HTC issues?

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Thanks for the replies! I'll have her try that stuff... I usually keep 200 messages per thread and about 10 threads on my phone and don't have an issue. 4G Slide has a faster processor and more RAM so I figured it could handle the threads.

I use normal reboots. I don't have the quick boot option enabled (or whatever it's called). I have a cache cleaner installed on her phone but I normally run it around once a week. I'll up the dosage and see if it helps.

Any thoughts on the dialer bugs? Are they HTC issues?

Well if the dialer bug happened before you rooted the phone, i think its safe to call it a HTC bug.

I used to keep a bunch of texts on my Evo Shift and im talking like 1k at a time, i had one text thread make it to like 900 and then came the lag lol and the shift only has a 800 mhz s2 processor and 512mb of RAM ( 368 available to user ). I have noticed this mySense crap is even slower than plain old Sense so i also posted some mods for Liquid smooth Rosie, no scrolling cache, also posted no recent apps in pull down, a zip to turn the Genius key back into Genuis and one to allow waking of the device by the Menu key ( also has Genius function )

HappyKhicken

Jul 30, 2009
I don't have any issues with long threads of messages on my MT4GS. I have a total of ~11500 messages, and 40+ threads with some 1000+ and one being 3000+. Never had any slowdowns in messaging at all.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
I don't have any issues with long threads of messages on my MT4GS. I have a total of ~11500 messages, and 40+ threads with some 1000+ and one being 3000+. Never had any slowdowns in messaging at all.

Wow the first I have ever heard of that. Even stock the settings are for like 200 msgs.

What setup you running

godbilla

Jan 26, 2011

I have about 9k messages and i don't have any problems either. And i restore my messages on different roms all the time. I'm just on cm9 running the default speed, no slow downs. I've restored messages on this rom, too and received no slow downs.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

psychedel!k

Jun 13, 2010
power button wake is a bit hit-or-miss for me, and long press works but the screen disappears immediately. is this happening to anyone else?

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
power button wake is a bit hit-or-miss for me, and long press works but the screen disappears immediately. is this happening to anyone else?
Long press of what? And what dissapears? What are you long pressing for? Did you do a full wipe before coming to miktouch? Also you can wake from trackpad and menu with a flashable i made, sometimes these power buttons get wore out

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Nice mod, I always hated how the app drawer got paginated. I much prefer a smooth scroll. Thank you!

One thing i did notice after flashing is the bottom row of apps you can only see half of it in portrait, but landscape shows them all. No biggy to me but to some it might be you know

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
I didn't notice it until just now that you mention it. They still work fine, so it is no biggy for me.

It just seems like most things in android is a trade off, you gain something very fun/useful but pick up tiny bugs/glitches along the way. But its so much better than stock lol

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
So whats your guys antutu benchmarks look like with stock kernel? How are linpacks for you all?

I know benchmarks are simply numbers and have zero effect on real world usage but i have been using antutu and linpack to test this out

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337425783875.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337425783875.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 186

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Here's linpack

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337425932638.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337425932638.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 185

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Would anyone be interested in a mod that changes the background of Settings to whatever your wallpaper is at the current time? Or how about a mod that allows for a transparent/semi transparent app drawer? I have the settings one done I'll start the Rosie mod in a minute just curious cause this thread don't get much attention

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Would anyone be interested in a mod that changes the background of Settings to whatever your wallpaper is at the current time? Or how about a mod that allows for a transparent/semi transparent app drawer? I have the settings one done I'll start the Rosie mod in a minute just curious cause this thread don't get much attention

The app drawer mod sounds interesting.

Reactions: strapped365

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
The app drawer mod sounds interesting.

Yeah I have them both done now, the app drawer is currently just semi trans black but it is changeable by the users with 7zip or any archive viewer, no decompile needed just drop an image in drawable-hdpi and roll, also I left the smali edit out that way its up to the user to set trans level with something like gimp. But what ill prolly do when I post it is make a few sample images for users to play with

Top Liked Posts