[THEME] ICS Lockscreen + ICS Style Pattern Lock

What do you prefer? ICS blue style icons or default ICS icons?

• ICS Blue + White Style Icons

Votes: 27 65.9%
  • Default ICS (Green + Red) Icons

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • You want me to make more colours?

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Featured on XDA Portal :) Thanks guys!

Also, thanks to zhuhang for including this in his CM7 ICS / Jelly bean look and All in One ICS patch thread

UPDATE: You can now choose between ICS blue/ white style colours or the default green/ red colours for the lock rings, etc., I have attached different the applicable zips ("Lockscreen Icons ICS Blue.zip" and "Lockscreen Icons Default.zip")

Hi XDA :)

This is my first attempt at doing some DIY themeing, this is very simple and did not take very long to do. Before I say anything else, bear in mind you must have root, and I am not responsible if your device is bricked, set alight or abducted by aliens due to this tutorial.

Screenshots are attached :D

On the G1, by installing CM7 it is possible to end up with a very nice ICS looking UI. You can do this through applying AChep's ICS theme, installing the Roboto font from ICS using an app such as Type Fresh from Pixelpod INTERNATIONAL and finally from finding ports of actual ICS apps, such as Holo Launcher by Mobint.

There is one problem though, which is that the lock screen is untouchable by themes such as Sonny Sekhon's. :(

And so we realize that we must theme it ourselves!

The actual lockscreen itself shouldn't be a problem, as CM7 has the option to use a holo style lock ring and to be set to "minimal", and once you have installed the ICS clock font for Clockopia (note that this isn't Roboto) found here (it's in the FontPack-Roboto_E2.zip file), you have a pretty clean looking ICS lock screen (See first attachment). Note I have also set the clock, etc. to be on the right side of the screen.

Now that that's done, onto the pattern lock :laugh: .

So, I don't particularly like the Gingerbread pattern lock anyway, and it looks especially horrible when everything around it is nice and ICS-y.

I found a page here which is a tutorial on how to change the look of the pattern lock, but the icons are the wrong colour and the wrong size, and some icons are missing.

For that reason, I've done the "hard" work for you :laugh: , so on to the tutorial ---->

Firstly, make a nandroid backup, although there shouldn't be much risk involved with this.

The apps you will need are Ninjamorph and to make things easy, a good file explorer, I personally use Ghost Commander.

You are now ready! The steps are as follows...

1. Open up Ninjamorph, grant SU permissions. I think you need to select "Start Checks" first.
2. Select "New Project", and locate framework-res.apk, it will be under /system/framework/ .
3. Although it backs up automatically, enter your file browser, go to /mnt/sdcard/AndroidThemes/workspace/framework-resapk/res/drawable-mdpi and copy the following files to a safe location on your sdcard:

btn_code_lock_default.png
btn_code_lock_touched.png
indicator_code_lock_drag_direction_green_up.png
indicator_code_lock_drag_direction_red_up.png
indicator_code_lock_point_area_default.png
indicator_code_lock_point_area_green.png
indicator_code_lock_point_area_red.png
ic_emergency.png

4. I have attached a zip file named "Lockscreen Icons.zip", in here you will find the icons to theme the pattern lock.
5. Unzip "Lockscreen Icons.zip", then copy the contents to /mnt/sdcard/AndroidThemes/workspace/framework-resapk/res/drawable-mdpi . Notice that the icon names are the same as the ones you backed up, and also the same size. If you feel the need to edit them, do not change the name or size and do not save them as anything other than png files.
6. Open up Ninjamorph and select "Start Checks" as usual (you may need to locate back to the main screen first).
7. Select "Finish Project", then select "framework-resapk".
8. It will ask you to verify, to which you say yes, then ask if you want to zipalign, to which you will say no, I repeat: Do NOT zipalign.
9. Blah blah blah, it will do it's thing, extract and recompile the apk.
10. Now you've just got to reboot! :) , then admire you're ICS style pattern lock :cool: .

I've attached some screenshots of the results, the first 3 are blue/ white theme (no interaction, interaction, wrong pattern) then default green/ red theme (no interaction, wrong pattern, interaction). Note that I have swapped btn_code_lock_default.png and btn_code_lock_touched.png as they were the wrong way round. It is too difficult to get a screenshot, but when the corretc pattern is drawn the small rings/ nodes open up (become "o"s instead of filled in circles) again.

I hope this has helped, please thank me if it has and happy theming :D .

Attachments

• screenshot-1346578242070.png
    screenshot-1346578242070.png
    105 KB · Views: 1,957
  • screenshot-1346578315899.png
    screenshot-1346578315899.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 1,798
  • screenshot-1346578373945.png
    screenshot-1346578373945.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,366
  • screenshot-1349277921931.png
    screenshot-1349277921931.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 930
  • screenshot-1349277996469.png
    screenshot-1349277996469.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 977
  • screenshot-1349278249261.png
    screenshot-1349278249261.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 882
Last edited:

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Media icons + emergency call icon

All screenshots attached at bottom and also in zip file.

I have now extracted the media icons (play, pause, etc.) from the CyanogenMod 9 framework-res.apk and put together this guide so you can make your G1 even more good looking. I have done this as, although CM7 themes do change media icons, as previously mentioned, the lockscreen is not effected :(

but no worries :victory: just read on --->

1. Read the above tutorial so you have everything you need, etc.
2. Once you have gotten up to step 2, stop reading and follow this insead --->
3. Enter your file browser, go to /mnt/sdcard/AndroidThemes/workspace/framework-resapk/res/drawable-mdpi and copy the following files to a safe location on your sd card:

ic_media_ff.png
ic_media_next.png
ic_media_pause.png
ic_media_play.png
ic_media_previous.png
ic_media_rew.png

4. I have attached a zip file named "Media Icons.zip", in here you will find the icons to theme the media icons.
5. Unzip "Media Icons.zip", then copy the contents to /mnt/sdcard/AndroidThemes/workspace/framework-resapk/res/drawable-mdpi . Notice that the icon names are the same as the ones you backed up, and also the same size (as in image size (width, etc.), not file size). If you feel the need to edit them, do not change the name or size and do not save them as anything other than png files.
6. Open up Ninjamorph and select "Start Checks" as usual (you may need to locate back to the main screen first).
8. It will ask you to verify, to which you say yes, then ask if you want to zipalign, to which you will say no, I repeat: Do NOT zipalign.
10. Now you've just got to reboot!

I have also attached "Emergency Call Icons.zip", this themes the emergency call button (transparent background, grey call icon and blue on press). Do the same as above with btn_default_pressed.9.png, btn_default_transparent_normal.9.png and ic_emergency.png .

I will attach some screenshots later. Hope you like it :) , if you do, thank me and happy theming. :good:

Attachments

• screenshot-1349245329981.png
    screenshot-1349245329981.png
    132 KB · Views: 616
  • screenshot-1349245392461.png
    screenshot-1349245392461.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 674
  • screenshot-1349245542173.png
    screenshot-1349245542173.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 552
  • screenshot-1349277921931.png
    screenshot-1349277921931.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:

3RMD

Oct 29, 2011
Nice work. Had to modify the zip for my ldpi Wildfire. Anyone interested in resized zip for ldpi?

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012

Nice work. Had to modify the zip for my ldpi Wildfire. Anyone interested in resized zip for ldpi?

Yeah, forgot to say, but obviously anyone feel free to make this better / resize for another device , This isn't all my original work as half the icons are resized and recoloured from another device.

Reactions: 3RMD

Charger0707

Mar 4, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S II T989

Can someone resize the icons for the Galaxy S II T989 PLEASE?
The Dots are to small for my phone can someone teach me to rezsize or do it for me Please?
-Thanks

Last edited:

Charger0707

Mar 4, 2012
Found Out how to make them Bigger

USe this online editing tool h_tt_p://_pixlr.c_o_m/editor/ Without underscores , It wouldnt let me post the link...
Any who just use the lockscreen download which is provided in this thread, and open up the link...Locate the folder and one by one in the editing tool, go under IMAGINE and under imagine click on Imagine size to 120Pixels or what ever you like for every picture EXCEPT these two "indicator_code_lock_drag_direction_green_up" & "indicator_code_lock_drag_direction_red_up" I Did these for my Galaxy S II T989 using NinjaMorph...
Sorry for Double posting

rolo143

Jan 28, 2012
I was looking for a guide like this, because I don't like the pattern lock of cm7 the dots are overlapped, etc. But I follow your steps and all, and after ninjamorph rebooted my phone, it went onto a bootloop. Why? What did I do wrong? Luckily, I made a backup before doing this, but I wonder why I can't have the ICS pattern style... :(

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
I was looking for a guide like this, because I don't like the pattern lock of cm7 the dots are overlapped, etc. But I follow your steps and all, and after ninjamorph rebooted my phone, it went onto a bootloop. Why? What did I do wrong? Luckily, I made a backup before doing this, but I wonder why I can't have the ICS pattern style... :(

hmm... Did you make sure Ninjamorph had fully finished (there should be a message saying "all done" and if it worked your wallpaper would have reset before a reboot). You say ninjamorph rebooted your phone - do you actually mean this, as it should tell you to reboot, but should not reboot for you; if it froze and rebooted, that means something didn't. work :( .

I can't remember if there are hdpi etc. folders but also make sure you're sticking everything into the drawable-mdpi folder and that you're replacing files as opposed to just making copies (filename.png, filename-1.png etc.).

The only other thing I can think of is that I've made a typo (unlikely as obviously I tested these myself first) or your framework-res is weird (I practicaly pulled that idea out my ar*e - I highly doubt this is the case). I think all you can do is tell me what rom you're on and which theme (blue or green) you used..... it would help alot if you could PM me your unthemed framework-res.apk if at all possible.

I hoped this helps and sorry for the late reply, but if all goes well you might want to check out post 2: I've got stuff for media icons + emergency call button :)

One last thought... I've been assuming you're trying this on a g1... if not then the sizing is probably incorrect (sorry, just checking :p )

Last edited:

rolo143

Jan 28, 2012
hmm... Did you make sure Ninjamorph had fully finished (there should be a message saying "all done" and if it worked your wallpaper would have reset before a reboot). You say ninjamorph rebooted your phone - do you actually mean this, as it should tell you to reboot, but should not reboot for you; if it froze and rebooted, that means something didn't. work :( .

I can't remember if there are hdpi etc. folders but also make sure you're sticking everything into the drawable-mdpi folder and that you're replacing files as opposed to just making copies (filename.png, filename-1.png etc.).

The only other thing I can think of is that I've made a typo (unlikely as obviously I tested these myself first) or your framework-res is weird (I practicaly pulled that idea out my ar*e - I highly doubt this is the case). I think all you can do is tell me what rom you're on and which theme (blue or green) you used..... it would help alot if you could PM me your unthemed framework-res.apk if at all possible.

I hoped this helps and sorry for the late reply, but if all goes well you might want to check out post 2: I've got stuff for media icons + emergency call button :)

One last thought... I've been assuming you're trying this on a g1... if not then the sizing is probably incorrect (sorry, just checking :p )

Thanks for your reply, I'm not using a G1 I tried this on a Live with Walkman, but for what I know I think it's the same resolution, (320x480) and I followed every step in order, I even tried replacing files with the ninjamorph app, and with the root explorer too, but nothing seems to work, when my phone reboots it always goes into a bootloop, is it possible for you to upload the framework-res.apk? If you need mine I can upload it, just tell me, I'm using CM7.2 official rom, with the default kernel that comes with the rom. I don't know where did I go wrong. :/

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Thanks for your reply, I'm not using a G1 I tried this on a Live with Walkman, but for what I know I think it's the same resolution, (320x480) and I followed every step in order, I even tried replacing files with the ninjamorph app, and with the root explorer too, but nothing seems to work, when my phone reboots it always goes into a bootloop, is it possible for you to upload the framework-res.apk? If you need mine I can upload it, just tell me, I'm using CM7.2 official rom, with the default kernel that comes with the rom. I don't know where did I go wrong. :/

If you're using a different phone then perhaps there is a different naming scheme or dimensions or something (but probably not because you're using the same ROM) :confused: not entirely sure but it would help alot if you uploaded / PMed me your (unmodded) framework-res.apk . Thanks

filix97

Jan 25, 2013
what about drag path

do you maybe know how to make drag path (trace) thinner...? like this
search
???

Attachments

• 7901352c-877c-b0d6.jpg
    7901352c-877c-b0d6.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: gobz

richdav1971

Dec 20, 2012
Sheffield
Will this method work for CM9.1? If not, is there a thread that details how to?
Thanks

Also, thanks to zhuhang for including this in his CM7 ICS / Jelly bean look and All in One ICS patch thread

UPDATE: You can now choose between ICS blue/ white style colours or the default green/ red colours for the lock rings, etc., I have attached different the applicable zips ("Lockscreen Icons ICS Blue.zip" and "Lockscreen Icons Default.zip")

This is my first attempt at doing some DIY themeing, this is very simple and did not take very long to do. Before I say anything else, bear in mind you must have root, and I am not responsible if your device is bricked, set alight or abducted by aliens due to this tutorial.

On the G1, by installing CM7 it is possible to end up with a very nice ICS looking UI. You can do this through applying AChep's ICS theme, installing the Roboto font from ICS using an app such as Type Fresh from Pixelpod INTERNATIONAL and finally from finding ports of actual ICS apps, such as Holo Launcher by Mobint.

There is one problem though, which is that the lock screen is untouchable by themes such as Sonny Sekhon's. :(

The actual lockscreen itself shouldn't be a problem, as CM7 has the option to use a holo style lock ring and to be set to "minimal", and once you have installed the ICS clock font for Clockopia (note that this isn't Roboto) found here (it's in the FontPack-Roboto_E2.zip file), you have a pretty clean looking ICS lock screen (See first attachment). Note I have also set the clock, etc. to be on the right side of the screen.

So, I don't particularly like the Gingerbread pattern lock anyway, and it looks especially horrible when everything around it is nice and ICS-y.

I found a page here which is a tutorial on how to change the look of the pattern lock, but the icons are the wrong colour and the wrong size, and some icons are missing.

For that reason, I've done the "hard" work for you :laugh: , so on to the tutorial ---->

Firstly, make a nandroid backup, although there shouldn't be much risk involved with this.

The apps you will need are Ninjamorph and to make things easy, a good file explorer, I personally use Ghost Commander.

1. Open up Ninjamorph, grant SU permissions. I think you need to select "Start Checks" first.
2. Select "New Project", and locate framework-res.apk, it will be under /system/framework/ .
3. Although it backs up automatically, enter your file browser, go to /mnt/sdcard/AndroidThemes/workspace/framework-resapk/res/drawable-mdpi and copy the following files to a safe location on your sdcard:

ic_emergency.png

4. I have attached a zip file named "Lockscreen Icons.zip", in here you will find the icons to theme the pattern lock.
5. Unzip "Lockscreen Icons.zip", then copy the contents to /mnt/sdcard/AndroidThemes/workspace/framework-resapk/res/drawable-mdpi . Notice that the icon names are the same as the ones you backed up, and also the same size. If you feel the need to edit them, do not change the name or size and do not save them as anything other than png files.
10. Now you've just got to reboot! :) , then admire you're ICS style pattern lock :cool: .

I've attached some screenshots of the results, the first 3 are blue/ white theme (no interaction, interaction, wrong pattern) then default green/ red theme (no interaction, wrong pattern, interaction). Note that I have swapped btn_code_lock_default.png and btn_code_lock_touched.png as they were the wrong way round. It is too difficult to get a screenshot, but when the corretc pattern is drawn the small rings/ nodes open up (become "o"s instead of filled in circles) again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ic_emergency.png

Media icons + emergency call icon

All screenshots attached at bottom and also in zip file.

I have now extracted the media icons (play, pause, etc.) from the CyanogenMod 9 framework-res.apk and put together this guide so you can make your G1 even more good looking. I have done this as, although CM7 themes do change media icons, as previously mentioned, the lockscreen is not effected :(

but no worries :victory: just read on --->

1. Read the above tutorial so you have everything you need, etc.
    2. Once you have gotten up to step 2, stop reading and follow this insead --->
    3. Enter your file browser, go to /mnt/sdcard/AndroidThemes/workspace/framework-resapk/res/drawable-mdpi and copy the following files to a safe location on your sd card:

ic_media_ff.png
    ic_media_next.png
    ic_media_pause.png
    ic_media_play.png
    ic_media_previous.png
    ic_media_rew.png

4. I have attached a zip file named "Media Icons.zip", in here you will find the icons to theme the media icons.
    5. Unzip "Media Icons.zip", then copy the contents to /mnt/sdcard/AndroidThemes/workspace/framework-resapk/res/drawable-mdpi . Notice that the icon names are the same as the ones you backed up, and also the same size (as in image size (width, etc.), not file size). If you feel the need to edit them, do not change the name or size and do not save them as anything other than png files.
    10. Now you've just got to reboot!

I have also attached "Emergency Call Icons.zip", this themes the emergency call button (transparent background, grey call icon and blue on press). Do the same as above with btn_default_pressed.9.png, btn_default_transparent_normal.9.png and ic_emergency.png .

I will attach some screenshots later. Hope you like it :) , if you do, thank me and happy theming. :good:

Yeah, forgot to say, but obviously anyone feel free to make this better / resize for another device , This isn't all my original work as half the icons are resized and recoloured from another device.
    what about drag path

do you maybe know how to make drag path (trace) thinner...? like this
    search
    ???
    Thanks for the tutorial and files :)
    While the dots are quite tiny on HDPI devices, I think they look pretty good.

I used this tutorial and the fact that the framework-res also has a lot of other files to do some additional modding as well;
    The ring lock looks really nice, but I hate the animation and the fact you just drag it wherever, personally I think the slide lock is far superior.

I couldn't change the phone icons for the call screen, I guess those are somewhere else, as the icons for them in framework-res just changes them if you enable the custom app launcer, which also brings the phone slider to the lockscreen.

Oh well, looks much better now.
    I added the files I made, as I had a lot of annoying transparency problems while opening them.
    Works for my HTC Desire Z and ILWT Cyanogenmod 7 r732, but they are just basically empty files for the bars and icons from the ring lock Holo theme, slightly resized.