[Q] Sprint Htc One With Gsm Enabled

Search This thread

victor2832

Oct 1, 2013
Kiev
I'm currently using Sprint HTC One with htc rom 1.29.651.10 (Android 4.1.2). It supports CDMA, LTE/CDMA, GSM/UMTS and automatic modes. Currently it is Automatic. My operator supports GSM. The phone is rooted, there is installed CWM 6.0.3.6 and system is not updated automatically.
I would like to install CM, but cm-10.1.3-m7spr.zip supports only CDMA and LTE/CDMA. How can I get CM on my phone with GSM enabled?

Thanks

victor2832

Oct 1, 2013
Kiev
I had the same problem - the official m7spr builds of CM only seem to support CDMA (at least the 10.1 builds, I haven't tried the version 11 nightlies yet).

However, kushdeck has released an unofficial build of CM version 11 for m7spr (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2518124), which works with GSM.

I'm playing with it now and it seems to work well.

Nice. Thanks.

But it seems than kushdeck used cm11 which is only nightly builds. So it can be unstable.
Anyway, I'll try this on weekend.

victor2832

Oct 1, 2013
Kiev
Use TWRP and the latest official nightly from get.cm (for GApps I'm using the Banks core). I'm using it on GSM and works great.

I have already googled this problem. It seems that there must be latest custom recovery installed in order to flash Android 4.4 based ROM.
Currently I have CWM 6.0.3.6 installed. Maybe its better to update this recovery than installing TWRP?

Otherwise, are there some difficulties changing recovery?

dozer82

Jun 4, 2010
So, when you say you have an account with Sprint and the phone is on a GSM network? Is it roaming onto a GSM network? Does it switch back and forth the CDMA depending on signal strength? Does it run on 4G GSM?

jeremyp1

Jan 21, 2014
I had the same problem - the official m7spr builds of CM only seem to support CDMA (at least the 10.1 builds, I haven't tried the version 11 nightlies yet).

However, kushdeck has released an unofficial build of CM version 11 for m7spr (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2518124), which works with GSM.

I'm using an unlocked sim sprint htc one and using a tmobile sim but it isnt working it keeps saying error searching for network, Do you know how to help me in this situation? I've been looking for a cm11 that worked with gsm for a long time now and this is the closest ive got so far.

---------- Post added 9th February 2014 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 8th February 2014 at 11:56 PM ----------

I'm using an unlocked sim sprint htc one and using a tmobile sim but it isnt working it keeps saying error searching for network, Do you know how to help me in this situation? I've been looking for a cm11 that worked with gsm for a long time now and this is the closest ive got so far.

victor2832

Oct 1, 2013
Kiev
So, when you say you have an account with Sprint and the phone is on a GSM network? Is it roaming onto a GSM network? Does it switch back and forth the CDMA depending on signal strength? Does it run on 4G GSM?

I don't have Sprint account. I'm using my phone in Ukraine. GSM network is primary. So currently I'm not using CDMA.

victor2832

Oct 1, 2013
Kiev
Installed this CM today. Almost everything is working fine except bluetooth. It doesn't find any other devices and not receiving data from other devices. Are there any updates?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.