[ICS] Polaris Office - Compatibility Information

Should Infraware release Polaris Office 3.0 on Google Play?

• Yes, I would buy it instantly!

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • Yes, but I would not buy it.

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • No, there are enough good Office apps available.

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

DarkPal

Mar 10, 2011
Victoria
cheatman. I tried the transformer Polaris and I got the watermark. I also can't seem to find the libpolaris file with the S2 firmware. Any ideas?

latest S2 firmware I have on my s2 has no lib files

zuberio

Sep 20, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Polaris Office on Galaxy Nexus AOKP Maguro Milestone 5

Woho! Thanks cheatman!

I couldn't use just the transformer ROM library .so file with a phone optimized .apk - like my previous post had hoped. So I've got a complete Transformer Polaris package (tablet optimized) working on my Galaxy Nexus.

It's fully functional, but there are a few bugs because of the tablet optimization. Things I've noticed so far:
- Once you've opened a document you have to rotate the screen at least once in order to see the upper menu options (eg. edit mode).
- Save dialog windows are squished and cut off - hard to see the file name you're saving the file as.

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
@DarkPal - Make sure you package all the TF stuff, lile libraries and apk. If you mix the libs from the S2 and the apk from Transformer, I have no idea what will come out.

Give more info on how/what you extracted from the Transformer.

Peace,
C.

DarkPal

Mar 10, 2011
Victoria
I downloaded the eeePad transformer HD revolution firmware. Extracted Polaris office and extracted its lib. Pushed them with your zip. I got the watermark saying library of ASUS transformer detected device: P1000

Any ideas.

scarmona

Nov 7, 2010
Toronto
Pulled the Polaris Office apk file from /System/App in a TF300. Installed in a TF101 with no watermark or issues so far.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
So, I'm coming here with an update. Seeing as I got the new GT-P5100 (Galaxy Tab 2 10.1'' with 3G) and I noticed it comes with Polaris Office 4 which RULES, I thought about porting it to the original SGT.

That being said, I'm looking into the matter and will come back with any results and feedback.

@DarkPal: I'm glad you sorted the issues out and got the thing working!

Update: It works juuuust fine! I'll attach a few screens to feast your eyes upon very soon. If you rip it, make sure you get all the libraries:

Code:
/system/lib/libpolarisoffice_tablet.so
/system/lib/libpolarisofficedump.so
/system/lib/libtfapps-polaris.so
/system/lib/libtflua-polaris.so

Peace,
C.

Attachments

• shot_000002.jpg
    shot_000002.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 586
  • shot_000003.jpg
    shot_000003.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 597
  • shot_000005.jpg
    shot_000005.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 570
  • shot_000006.jpg
    shot_000006.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
Reactions: emfung

lucky24x7

Jun 27, 2009
So, I'm coming here with an update. Seeing as I got the new GT-P5100 (Galaxy Tab 2 10.1'' with 3G) and I noticed it comes with Polaris Office 4 which RULES, I thought about porting it to the original SGT.

That being said, I'm looking into the matter and will come back with any results and feedback.

Update: It works juuuust fine! I'll attach a few screens to feast your eyes upon very soon. If you rip it, make sure you get all the libraries:

Code:

Hey there plz provide me with these .so files needed...or a new cwm flashable zip here or PM me. :)
Thanks...

scarmona

Nov 7, 2010
Toronto
+1
I extracted the apk file for Polaris Office 4 that came in a Galaxy Tab 2 7", installed it but I only get FC`s, I checked the /system/lib folder and the library files you mentioned are not there. Is there any chance you can provide us with those files?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T usando Tapatalk 2

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
If I post the files I'll get banned on XDA, because forum rules consider them warez. So does Infraware, if you know what I mean. I think it's in everyone's best interest to keep this thread open and warez free, right?

Please stop asking for copyrighted material. Thanks!

Reactions: scarmona

scarmona

Nov 7, 2010
Toronto
If I post the files I'll get banned on XDA, because forum rules consider them warez. So does Infraware, if you know what I mean. I think it's in everyone's best interest to keep this thread open and warez free, right?

Please stop asking for copyrighted material. Thanks!

Oops, so sorry about that (again) I didn't think library files counted as warez. Won't happen again.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I have a few devices with Polaris Office and it pisses me off that they dont sell the software...

I do however GET why they dont sell to joe-schmoe... MONEY MONEY MONEY!!! MONEY!?!?!!?

Greed is the name of the game these days!

I am going to look into Polaris Office 4, sounds Smexy! (TF101/GTab/GNote and more...)

emfung

Feb 7, 2009

Code:

Peace,
C.

Hi, this seems like a vry good news for me. My P5100 with stock rom is vry slow and laggy. I wish to flash CM9, which many reported that it's vry smooth. However, CM9 does not comes with any of the samsung 'material' including polaris.

I'm vry new with this,

Dear cheatman and other forumer, could u pls give me a step-by-step guide or a link to a tutorial on how to rip the apps and library and make it into cwm zip.. Thank u vry much..

Also is it possible to rip out the samsung keyboard, livewallpaper, and screenshot function (with its statusbar button) from my P5100?

emfung

Feb 7, 2009

Code:

Peace,
C.

Done this, installed app via titanium backup and copied the library files with root explorer. Everything else work except "create word (2003/2007) documents", which forced close.

PriMarius

Jan 1, 2011
this office is cool

the main lib was extracted from this ROM:

P5100XWALD7_P5100ATOALE1_P5100XXLD7_HOME

the number near it is the filesize of the lib

the other 2 numbers below are the offsets in this lib
with the bytes that, if changed, have desired positive effects :)

Last edited:
Reactions: terry11xx

juanbad

Mar 28, 2008
Málaga
the main lib was extracted from this ROM:
GT-I9100_XEU_I9100XWLPF_I9100XEULP5_I9100XXLPX

the number near it is the filesize of the lib

the other 2 numbers below are the offsets in this lib
with the bytes that, if changed, have desired positive effects :)

Hi Primarius,

Great job. I tried to do this, but im using the tablet version of Polaris 4.0 extracted from (Tab 2 10.1) P5113 UEBLG2 to get it working on my P7500 Tab 10.1 newly launched 4.0.4 ICS stock samsung rom. I got the famous banner but it works great.

Is there a posibility that you can check out this lib version? If you need anything please pm me or whatever communication channel.

Thanks so much.:good:

Reactions: scarmona

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I ripped Polaris Office from my SGS2 and was testing it on the SGT running an ICS build. It runs exceptionally well. You can see the attached screenshots how it could look.

It also opens all files (including XLSX and DOCX) just fine. It's incredibly snappy (more so than on the SGS2).

Sadly, even though I have a CWM zip that I created for myself, I can't post it here due to forum rules. Other threads already marked this as warez, so I can't do that. However, if any of you guys bought the software legally along with another device as I have, just know you can run it fine on the SGT as well.

Hope this helps and make some noise! Infraware should definitely release this to the market. It would sell like hot-cakes!!!

Peace,
    C.
    nag screen

lib (13.652.924)
    AA234: 1 -> 0
    86888: 1 -> 0

cant say more, dont know even if this is allowed
    I guess it is, you're not posting any copyrighted material.
    Maybe the guys getting the nag screen will be able to disable it now, if they have the proper editing skills :p

Thanks for the input PriMarius!

C.
    Ok, I have attached the CWM Zip skeleton (without said files or APK) to this post.
    It does include the folder structure though.

Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Peace,
    C.
    Right now I'm using a Transformer version to check a report from a user that it works on the tab.
    I confirm that it does and that there is no watermark on the screen while using it. It is also ICS and tablet optimized. It is the best version I have come across as of yet.

Check out the Transformer forums for more details.

Peace,
    C.