Recovery: how to get it back

Search This thread

freakboy13

Sep 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Ok so If you been following my mass posting today, I was realy excited to FINALLy get root.
I dl ics official from lg. tried to get root. tried tried. eror error.
eveyr one was telling me unbrick.
but..I dont have a brick soft or hard (wait for it......thats what she said!!!)
so yeah im the kid that plaed with fire drank the gas and stuck my finger in the electrical socket..true stories.
So yeah no root, then got root.
but I wanted the whole v2oc hip thing root delio so...more nightmares.....beer..more beer.
SUccess!!!! :good: see here
SO then i was like...ooo ooo i needs recovery .... so i read cwm wont work... I read that now it does...I read oh noes my recovery borked!!
what to do what to do....FUGGIT! IDOODIT!

:crying: :crying: :crying:

I has no more recoveries

wtf AND i paid for the premium rom manager. Kinda upset at Koush because I couldnt get a refund. fkn bs. 15 min rule. lame :eek:
any ways whatever Ill consider it a donation.

so yeah get cwm rom manager, installed recovery once...got FC message about messages fcing. k...... :unamused:
I tried installing and re-installing cwm recovery several times.
I tried saving/making a backup
same thing, got the "miss you long time" you're borked good luck loser love LG" screen

SO yeah recovery corrupted, imo, anyways. got the whole securities mesage fast boot fast boot. been a long time wth ever that message was.

I figure wth. Im gonna fix it or brick it. <----im trade marking that btw
so the whole unbvricking thing... just soo much work. maybe not for some but I have two braincells keep in mind, and they usually misfire
I was going to try to flash a recovery img but.....
I was like hey. WHy not...start over.
SO I started over reflashed the v18f kdz.
BAM
I has recovery back, confirmed via factory reset. This time no securities text just push power to recovery...BAM
I believe the key for me was: i DID NOT attempt a factory reset. I merely rebooted the phone set it up properly and ran the v18f.
I suspect that having a corrupted recovery img and doing a factory reset will likely brick your phone, best to just update right away.
DOnt be afraid its easier than the unbrick method( i may brick my phone one of these days on purpose just to try it out)
so now Im back to hear again this time... I wont be flashing cwm...on v20c again
Im goona get stupid and do it again and try to put a recovery on v18f.
wish me luck and hope this helps.
If you are looking for a valid 18f .exe see here again
All credits go to all the devs who worked on these methods. scripts and all those helping with hosting files.Im just good at fixing stuff.
Im not a dev Im just funny once in a whle. Or so my shrink tells me.
this will make over four times I have now rooted, unrooted, reflashed old firm ware, rooted flashed current v20c and rooted.
none of which ever used the unbrick.
:beer:

Last edited:

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
Jesus man, if you just read the forums you would know that you can't flash CWM when you're on official LG v18f or v20c. You have to go to gingerbread using the unbrick guide, install CWM there, and THEN install HO!NO!'s CWM-flashable LG ICS (or CM or AOKP or whatever). Your frustration is entirely your fault. Not Koush's.

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
Jesus man, if you just read the forums you would know that you can't flash CWM when you're on official LG v18f or v20c. You have to go to gingerbread using the unbrick guide, install CWM there, and THEN install HO!NO!'s CWM-flashable LG ICS (or CM or AOKP or whatever). Your frustration is entirely your fault. Not Koush's.

Also, you can use the free version of ROM Manager to install CWM.

freakboy13

Sep 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Jesus man I know you probably are just waiting to jump down users throats but if you actually read my post you would see that my "frustration" was with googles 15min tryout policy. And your frustration is all in your head. ALSO to cut your comment down some more i could care less whats in the forums: his app states that you CAN use this with lg nitro.
He only states that if you bork youre phone hes not liable
SO your point is.....???

ALSO if you read even more I stated I didnt care and i was fine with it....

I made this thread to help people wasnt really about my feelings, sorry if I offended you.

any ways update as was just emntioned cwm recovery FOR SURE...lol... cannot be used on v18f or v20c.
And like I said, you dont have to do the unbrick if you dont want to or want recovery.
ANyways im going to keep on truckin...

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
Koush's CWM works just fine on the Nitro with the bootloader that comes with Gingerbread. When he released his recovery, Gingerbread was the only version there was for our phone. What I'm saying is that you've basically gone through twice the amount of work that doing the unbricking guide would be and it's the only way to get CWM on your phone which is what you said you wanted to do. And you ended up with an outdated version of ICS. I agree that it'd be nice if Koush disabled flashing CWM or showing it as available for people on ICS, especially since it basically soft-bricks the phone.

So, my suggestion, if you want to run v20c, is to unbrick to the SU640 kdz, flash the GB nitro images, install CWM via Rom Manager (which is completely worth the money imo), and then flash the CWM-flashable v20c put out by HO!NO!. This is really the only way to unlock the potential of your phone and try out all the ROMs that are available.

Hutch89

Jun 3, 2012
Kansas City, Mo
Koush's CWM works just fine on the Nitro with the bootloader that comes with Gingerbread. When he released his recovery, Gingerbread was the only version there was for our phone. What I'm saying is that you've basically gone through twice the amount of work that doing the unbricking guide would be and it's the only way to get CWM on your phone which is what you said you wanted to do. And you ended up with an outdated version of ICS. I agree that it'd be nice if Koush disabled flashing CWM or showing it as available for people on ICS, especially since it basically soft-bricks the phone.

So, my suggestion, if you want to run v20c, is to unbrick to the SU640 kdz, flash the GB nitro images, install CWM via Rom Manager (which is completely worth the money imo), and then flash the CWM-flashable v20c put out by HO!NO!. This is really the only way to unlock the potential of your phone and try out all the ROMs that are available.

THIS is absolutely, positively, 100%, correct. This man speaks the truth...think this thread should be labeled SOLVED....AGAIN and closed.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app