[Skin] M2D Animated clock skins (new 3D skin)

Search This thread

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
FULL M2D 2.0 SKINS HERE:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=575723

--------------

Well, with the new M2D version comes the option to skin clock animations, so I didnt posted this on the old skin threads.
To use it, you'll need this M2D version posted by whitealien:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=541750

I thought about doing a hole new animation, as you an see here:
http://www.zshare.net/flash/663565681d051c7d/

...but didnt came up with any good idea, so I just did a...

Black version by TWolf:
screen001xt.png

Transparent skin by TWolf:
screen001.png
screen01z.png

To have the white digits just install the black skin first, then the transparent, then restart M2D.

Rotating Clock by S.V.I
Clock_0001.gif

Downlaod: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4651953&postcount=9

NEW! 3D rotating clock by TWolf:
animation1jt.gif

I started by doing the full 3D rotation but it was getting to heavy and with too many files, so I simplified it.

The CABS install themselves to the Windows folder, and theres also the original skin attached, in case you want it back.
EDIT: Updated the original skin with the clock background, as its obvious ppl will use it on future skins.
Enjoy.
:)

Tips for skinners:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4651953&postcount=9
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4653000&postcount=12
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4658024&postcount=22

Last edited:

whitey10tc

Jan 17, 2009
Sandy, Utah
Does the weather update work for CDMA devices, I ask this because there are issues with whitealien's build that the weather below the clock will not update on CDMA devices.

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
Does the weather update work for CDMA devices, I ask this because there are issues with whitealien's build that the weather below the clock will not update on CDMA devices.

Well, skinning the clock wont help you there, lol... :D

I made mine rotate intead of flip. I cant post a screen shot though because my internet is down. :(

Im trying to do something like this:
tr11.png

But good looking. Havent done a clean layout I liked yet, so I'll just keep at it.

Also, half the files arent needed, if we do the animation already with both numbers on each frame, like so, the animation with the seven turning into eight will have both the numbers on the same PNG, no need to separate the upper and lower part of the seven and eight.

Since its not a good idea to delete them, maybe simply replace them by a 1x1 px transparent png.
;)

S.V.I

S.V.I Rotating Clock

Clock_0001.gif

I decided to post this clock after all.

I figured that someone can use it as a template for the animation.
After figuring out the math, it is supposed to move @9 pixels per frame in case anyone is interested. This one however moves @10 pixels per frame. depending on what type of animation you want to make you may want to adjust +/-. for example I am in the proccess of making digits that will bounce before they stop; and I also want to make a fading animation; I also want to make something that looks as though it was a radar echo (don't know the tech term for that) where there will be a line that comes down and draws the digits. I figure that since we have 20 frames per number to work with we can get REALLY creative!;)

I have template PSD's for the animation. All you have to do is insert your own font. That should make things a lot easier. If any skinner is interested, PM me.

@TWolf: I tried replacing the background 0001-0009 with empty 2x2pxl images and it did not work. The images CAN be empty but MUST have the same dimensions as the 0000 file.

Last edited:

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
beautiful!
If you havent finished it yet, I'd advise some flattenning and vertical blur of the moving digits and a light reflected glow on the background wheel animation. ;)

Last edited:

S.V.I

beautiful!
If you havent finished it yet, I'd advise some flattenning and vertical blur of the moving digits and a light reflected glow on the background wheel animation. ;)

That's a great idea about the blur. Will definitely do. I am trying to make sure that these files are small enough. So keeping it simple is a priority. as it is now, the animation is so smooth that I am ready to move forward.
This clock is only 168kb right now. Soon it will be even smaller :)
As for the reflected light, this will require to not only have a gradient, but 2 extra colors as well; both requiring gradients and mixing. this would increase the file size to much more than I would like. Perhaps once I get rid of all the other background images I will not worry about it so much.

I am reluctant to release the final project though. I spent an entire day yesterday figuring out how I was going to do it and the math involved. then about 6 hours making the gfx. F'n tedious work. There are so many people on this forum that have no appreciation for the kind of work that we, pixel pushers do and just how much time is required to do it. That is kind of starting to piss me off. people seem to think that we edit 700+ graphics for manila with the help of some deity and it just gets done by magic in the course of 5min.
In other words, I decided to pull the same stunt that another former member pulled one year ago. Anything I make from now on will be only available by PM. this is to alienate freeloaders; not to get donations. There are a lot of people here that contribute to XDA in the form of money or technical work or help, and a lot that are simple parasites... Why should I work two days straight on a skin or a program for those people? I can't account how many times I have spent time in chat sessions (sometimes more than a day each) helping XDA users fix their phones or resolve software issues. Or the roms that I cooked and optimized specifically for the end-user.
And after all that; with the exception of a few users; I feel as though I have just been wasting my time.:mad:

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
I understand what you mean and tottally respect your position...
I heard the story of that great designer and almost every week feel the disrespect of newbies that demand us to be there to help them, whatever the problem is. :(
But the best way not to get bothered is really just let go and leave it all out there for ppl to use and abuse it.

Anyway, if you use transparency on your skin, the file bg_clock_assets_0000.png is always present, the others just run on top of it. So that one is the real background of the clock.
screen01z.png

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
The Windows theme is from Kane159, I dont know where he posted it, but its here... ;)

The transparent clock looks better on lighter backgrounds:
screen001.png

...but then the calendar and tasks cant be seen on too light backgrounds... :/

And the top tab (and bottom, if its already possible) would need to be also transparent to improve the look.

Last edited: