cyanogenmod on n8010

Search This thread

SMN65

Jun 5, 2013
I was thinking of flashing the cyanogenmod on the n8010 but i read that only n8013 and n8000 are supported which is kind of confusing because i also read that the n8020 can be updated to 4.4.2 with CM. What do I do now? :confused:

benpaddlejones

Jan 26, 2010
N8013 is actually N80XX & it works perfectly on the N8010, we will likely be stuck with CM10.2 as the hardware is getting old and there are no maintainers at CM for the device.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

SMN65

Jun 5, 2013
I have a N8010 running latest CM nightly http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=n8013 which is Android 4.3

Ben :)

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Would you mind explaining to me what nightly is? I am wondering whether I should flash and try the CM. Would you recommend me doing it?
I mostly wanted to flash it because of the comments saying they always script the latest OS version on all devices (as now I am stuck at 4.1.2).

Again thank you

SMN65

Jun 5, 2013
Oh i just read what nightly means. The most unstable version the CM offers and the only one they offer for the note 10.1.

benpaddlejones

Jan 26, 2010
Nightly means it is the cutting edge version, it may have minor bugs ( only sometimes fixed by flashing yesterdays version. Becuase CM has moved on 10.2 is extremely stable with only language updates. Install the latest nightly and unless you want the latest Russian settings don't bother upgrading and you'll be on Android 4.3 Note you do lose some samsung features such as multi windows s pen etc.

I want latest Android and need IP tables so Incandescent authenticate against a proxy so nonchoice but CM.

Unless you need S Pen or Multiwindows don't just flash away.

Ben

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Tip read full documentation on CM and the CM 10.1 thread below, its how I learnt everying I know about CM :)

Reactions: SMN65

SMN65

Jun 5, 2013
Nightly means it is the cutting edge version, it may have minor bugs ( only sometimes fixed by flashing yesterdays version. Becuase CM has moved on 10.2 is extremely stable with only language updates. Install the latest nightly and unless you want the latest Russian settings don't bother upgrading and you'll be on Android 4.3 Note you do lose some samsung features such as multi windows s pen etc.

I want latest Android and need IP tables so Incandescent authenticate against a proxy so nonchoice but CM.

Ben

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Tip read full documentation on CM and the CM 10.1 thread below, its how I learnt everying I know about CM :)

Alright, that was pretty much the answer I needed. Thank you Ben.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-Pen actually DOES work on CM 10.1, quite well. I use it with Papyrus app and it has the featurest like pressure and button support.

Ben