[Q] Root Note 3 without tripping KNOX counter?

Search This thread

XX_Fallen_XX

Jan 5, 2014
Melbourne
So I wanted to install the volume mod on my T-Mobile Note 3. I was looking into rooting it but if I trip the KNOX counter my warranty will be void and with the research I've done there is no way to reset the Note 3 KNOX counter. But I found this video on YouTube. I can't post the link to the video due to he fact that I'm a new member, but I have it. So.if someone would like to investigate I'm willing to give it out.
Please let me know what you guys think cause I don't wanna void my warranty. Thanks so much! Amazing site by the way!

Last edited:

DataHawg

Aug 26, 2010
East Seattle
If you are talking about the DeLaVega method, yes that will root without tripping Knox. To flash the volume mod though, you need a custom recovery like TWRP. Flashing TWRP will trip the Knox counter

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild

DataHawg

Aug 26, 2010
East Seattle
Not true, you can modify the audio on the system with file explorer root or download app

I assumed he meant flashing Jovy23's volume mod which is a flashable zip file. It's a waste of everyone's time to read your post unless you post info so the OP can do what you suggest and solve his low volume problem without root.

shotgun1976

Sep 17, 2013
youtube video

So I wanted to install the volume mod on my T-Mobile Note 3. I was looking into rooting it but if I trip the KNOX counter my warranty will be void and with the research I've done there is no way to reset the Note 3 KNOX counter. But I found this video on YouTube. I can't post the link to the video due to he fact that I'm a new member, but I have it. So.if someone would like to investigate I'm willing to give it out.
Please let me know what you guys think cause I don't wanna void my warranty. Thanks so much! Amazing site by the way!

please email me the link to missing_shotgun@hotmail.com. cheers

dongarritas

Jan 26, 2011
San Antonio

I have been using Poweramp for over a year, and it works flawlessly. It doesn't require root, and you can not only use EQ, pre-amp(db +/-), bass, treble, stereox, but you can also create custom settings for earphones, bluetooth, phone speaker,etc. I highly recommend, as it is only $4.99 for lif, and you can transfer to as many devices as you wish:D

smaisonville

Sep 10, 2011
I have been using Poweramp for over a year, and it works flawlessly. It doesn't require root, and you can not only use EQ, pre-amp(db +/-), bass, treble, stereox, but you can also create custom settings for earphones, bluetooth, phone speaker,etc. I highly recommend, as it is only $4.99 for lif, and you can transfer to as many devices as you wish:D

I agree Power Amp works greats.

Sent from my rooted Note 3 (N900T) using XDA Premium

Pajar0913

Mar 5, 2013
Omaha
Power Amp best music out there in my opinion. . Well worth the price

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Power Amp best music app out there in my opinion. . Well worth the price

MENACE_69

Apr 28, 2013
Southern cali
This isn't a worry for us N900T users, as we have yet to receive an update. In other words, If you have the Tmobile variant, you don't have a patched bootloader (for now).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Wait a minute, correct me if im wrong but did you just say people running m17 firmware on there note 3 don't have a patched bootloader?

So does this mean I could flash a custom recovery, rom, kernel, mods and knox won't be tripped?

(Sorry if this is a bit off topic just want some reassuring clarification )

Appreciate it, thanks in advance

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
Wait a minute, correct me if im wrong but did you just say people running m17 firmware on there note 3 don't have a patched bootloader?

So does this mean I could flash a custom recovery, rom, kernel, mods and knox won't be tripped?

(Sorry if this is a bit off topic just want some reassuring clarification )

Appreciate it, thanks in advance

No. You could never flash a custom recovery without tripping knox. But you can still root without tripping knox, if you're still on m17. By "patched" they meant that Samsung patched the hole that allowed people to root without tripping knox.

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
No. You could never flash a custom recovery without tripping knox. But you can still root without tripping knox, if you're still on m17. By "patched" they meant that Samsung patched the hole that allowed people to root without tripping knox.

So does that mean then that until another exploit is found, if we want KK with root and KNOX 0x0, we wont be able to?

kitsunisan

Jan 2, 2009
Bummer. Have to wait a few months then before going XDA on my new N9005. Normally devices that didn't fail in the first 3 mths won't have manufacturer defects. Personal experience.

I'm guessing no one has successfully been able to protect root through an OTA update? I know it's been done for minor updates before, but I'd assume going to Kitkat is quite a bit more than that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also keep in mind according to this Root De La Vega thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46818366

So confirm your firmware version before proceeding.

This isn't a worry for us N900T users, as we have yet to receive an update. In other words, If you have the Tmobile variant, you don't have a patched bootloader (for now).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

So does that mean then that until another exploit is found, if we want KK with root and KNOX 0x0, we wont be able to?

There is no method that will root KK and keep knox 0x0 on XDA as of right now.